What's new

Here is it, the Daedalus 0.07b D3D plugin

OP
C

CoolDaedalus

The DLL is reading Daedalus.ini to get correct ucode. Mario64 is using ucode=0, if you miss the INI file, the default ucode=1

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
CoolDaedalus said:
Ogy, you need DirectX SDK, you can download it from www.microsoft.com/directx

:blush: ummm... i knew that.... err, i was just testing you... holy gringo... 170MB??... good thing it's going full speed, should be another 5 min before i finish it. and 1 more time: thank you, AFAIK this is the only? D3D open sourced plugin?

OP
C

CoolDaedalus

The good thing for D3D is that alpha combine is much easier to program than opengl without extension. You can simulate N64's combine modes quite easily, speed may be not very good , though, but the speed isn't bad by comparing to simulate the same combine modes in opengl.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
same prob as 2fast4u...black screen. i hav the daedalus .ini and daedalusd3d.dll in the pj64 plugin folder ??? ???

sk8bloke22 said:
same prob as 2fast4u...black screen. i hav the daedalus .ini and daedalusd3d.dll in the pj64 plugin folder ??? ???

i think the daedalus.ini file must be in the main project64 folder and not in the plugin folder to work. :)

2fast4u

[d.o.u.g] said:

i think the daedalus.ini file must be in the main project64 folder and not in the plugin folder to work. :)

yes, and the ucode must be set to 0 for mario64, like explained above. :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok, this daedalus rocked much more than i though it did. the gfx plugin has sooo much potential. already there are games that a better than other plugins (i.e wetrix, one of my fav games). shit, i hope strmnrmnn continues this, its already one of the best plugins.

EDIT: I take that back...this plugin plays a LOT of games, way more than it played on daedalus, thanks to pj64's core compat.

even goldeneye works pretty good (not as good as jabos), The World Is Not Enough plays as well as Jabos...and sooo many more. both Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force Gemeni show signs of working (JFG shows everything up to the spining rare sign, then the gfx go crazy). Extreme G2 is playable, although there are gfx problems. also Blast Corps is completley playable and fast, as is Turok: Rage Wars, and Turok 2 and 3 seemed to work...lots of games, thanks to CoolDaedalus for doing this...

Last edited:

flow``

flow``
i hope strmnrmnn continues this, its already one of the best plugins.

yes he is. last time we spoke he was nailing bugs by the handful in both the core and the video. he has been quite busy lately w/ preparation for E3 and business and such. you have to remember he has a full time day job and very little time to himself, and even less towards daedalus.

crhylove

Banned
2 words:

BOUT TIME!

now there's an open source plugin as well as open source emus.... this rocks! nice work cooldaedelus/strmnrmn...

now i REALLY need to learn c++.

oh hell....

rhy

zorbid

It's pretty fast too. Faster than jabo's in Zelda MoM, Golden Eye and beetle adventure racing (the only I've tseted so far). There are lots of gfx problems in those games, tho. But they run at fullspeed on my duron 650, GF2MX in 1964. :) :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh very fast. there are so many playable games, that are REALLY playable. did strmn nrmn not implement a fullscreen option...if not is it possible to implement it using the source?

zorbid

Try 1964. In PJ64, I can't get it neither.

Note that its very hard to quit the full screen mode without closing the rom (you must pause the game, the press the Alt key, then use the menu).

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
if you played Daedalus 0.07b you know full screen has problems, if i remember correctly it's game specific (i.e. some games will work full screen and some won't, of course... when i played 0.07b i had no option to select other emu's so zorbid may be right :)) and if i remember correctly again, these problems are gone in 0.08b, too bad cooldaedalus didn't import 0.08b's gfx ???