What's new

Help me please.

OP
L

LMo

LMo Use alcohol 120 I mean real alcohol I would kill my self if I could not get it working in the time you have tried J/K

I'm thinking about it...Because i have tried Alcohol 120%...

The sad thing is, this isn't the first time i've tried... >_> ...So all in all, i've been trying for about 2 months...

Truck

Yeah me to

go to start up button in windoz then run option type in msconfig

go to start up tab and uncheck every thing......reboot try Chankast again

Cheers LMo

Truck

Ok well all the progams you dont want starting up like office etc they will start when you open them any way there is no need for them to be running in the background untill needed :party:

OP
L

LMo

I know what msconfig does and i know NOT to uncheck everything...

I have everything i don't want to start up on boot, unchecked...And that's most apps...But there is no way i am unchecking everything that is not necessary to the OS just to get another app to run...That's WAY too much inconvenience...

Ive had exactly the same problem try replacing the "Dc_Flash.bin" file. That fixed it for me.
This file is easily corrupted by:
1.Possibly you have extracted both version into the same dir and they are not compatable.
2.Chankast itself being shutdown while accessing it. (Ive done this so many times its not funny.)

Try extracting it again over your old one and running chankast.
Failing that......

Basicly your best option is to download a new zip from chank's webpage extracted to the root dir of your c:\ drive.
Get hold of a clean set of bios.etc. and install and run.

Im sorry if i came off as patronizing there.
Im trying to help.honest.

Good luck and remember even if you cant get it running NullDC is
just around the corner -THE LEGEND WILL NEVER DIE! :D

- rick

btw. as far as i know chancast kicks off about the lack of an aspi driver.
It is unlikely that Chankast would give zero warning if one was not present...

Truck

Yeah sorry LMo My Msconfig idea was what I would do Try every thing but turned out you allready knew it so waste of space really

Trickstar's post looks the most helpful so far I hope that works

Never heard of NullDC? will it play silent scope properly I hope :)

Last edited:
OP
L

LMo

I think i'll wait for NullDC, Chankast just seems too, unfinished to even try anymore...I've tried everything to get this working, but nothing has worked.

Thanks to everyone that has tried to help, really appreciate it :)

Catchya all later :)