What's new

Help me please.

Truck

Sorry LMo I assumed you got what I got but I was wrong

what the hell is a self boot lol if its loaded on the v/drive it should work I am not being smart either I dont know about this self boot? please explain

OP
L

LMo

He wasn't announcing anything >.> ...Other than a way to help me... >.>

Thank you everyone, i'm still trying to fix this, whether i ever do, is a different story...I REALLY want to though, because for its time, the dreamcast was better than any console ever released, it was on par, if not better than the ps2 when fiorst released and is a console i would love to play, without having to buy another one...

OP
L

LMo

Ok...But that doesn't solve the problem...

Not meaning to sound frustrated or pushy...But i really want to get this working.

Truck

How are you loading these images in alcohol 120 ? if its only loading audio maybe some one can help if you give a step by step of what your doing are you using a DC Game cd or an iso d/loaded from the net Even though its tedious explaining what seems obvious you will get beter help I hope :)

OP
L

LMo

I load the .cdi images into Daemon tools, on drive "i:". The images i use are downloaded from the net because my dc packed it in, i sold all my games, i downloaded games i had copies of, i also make sure they are self bootable if they aren't. I set Chankast to look on drive "i:". I start Chankast, and set to run, i get the blue swirl, then it loads, but it loads the game as if it is an audio cd...

That's all i do, i also try to load the image while chankast is running, a window pops up saying "please wait while disc is being checked" and then nothing happens...But if i go into "Music" it reads it as an audio cd, it doesn't play anything, but it says it is an audio cd.

Last edited:
OP
L

LMo

that mean it's not self-bootable

No offence dude, but this is the second time you've said that, if it didn't solve my problem the first time, it won't solve it this time...I made sure it was self bootable, i check that to start with...If it doesn't work in chankast i go through the "how to make a self-bootable image" procedure...And it still doesn't work.

Truck

I d/loaded mine of the net also and I dont get what axCC123 means by self boot....mine works yours dont so its something else ...can you name the game ...or is it all games you tried ..or have you only tried the one game

OP
L

LMo

I've tried Shenmue, Shenmue 2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Sonic, and Gundam Side story 0079...None of them worked...

I know what axCC123 means by self-bootable image files...But i've told him before that they are...

Truck

I have soul calibur and it took me a while to get that working also I have daytona that wouldnt pass the menu screen the fix there was I had to reset the memory card http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/369...rd-chankast.html?highlight=load+game+chankast
it wont help you LMo but I would be trying every thing

this following link some have your prob and the last post has the answer (well so he claims) not sure if you read this one allready
Help needed getting Chankast to recognize games [Archive] - DCEmu Forums:: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintendo DS Wii GP2X Xbox 360 GBA Gamecube PS2 Forums

Truck

This is all I did d/loaded iso unpacked unrar etc then I used Alcohol 120 image finder it finds it then I add to list then I closed the image finder I dont burn any thing its on the hard drive then I right click and mount it in alcohol then close alcohol 120 alltegether
Then I go to My computer and it should be showing on your virtual drive and mount it again using the right click drop down menu as mounting it in alcohol 120 didnt seem to mount it properly as in my earler posts then I open chankast and it finds it straight away
I know your Chankast is set up right as in your earler post screen shots there the same settings as mine I never had to worry about any self loading boot settings it just works

But im just guessing so will stop posting hunches and I hope some one who know's will get you sorted good luck

Last edited:
OP
L

LMo

That's the weird thing...The icon for the cd drive changes, but the label of the drive (in "My computer") only changes to "CD drive (I: )" from "Dvd ROM (I: )"...It doesn't tell me the disk label.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
That's the weird thing...The icon for the cd drive changes, but the label of the drive (in "My computer") only changes to "CD drive (I:)" from "Dvd ROM (I:)"...It doesn't tell me the disk label.
Daemon Tools sometimes does that. Not all discs/ disc images have a volume label.

Truck

LMo Use alcohol 120 I mean real alcohol I would kill my self if I could not get it working in the time you have tried J/K

Off topic for the last time ( I promise ) Agozer I have spent the last week on Nanaca†Crash my record now is 7430.18 M this has to be one of the most addictive games I have ever played and its a free java flash game!!! I usualy hate java or flash games....boring and short and usualy stupid but this game is ace when you work out what to do as the instructions are in Japanese

any way got this site so its explained in english give it a go and when you work out how to do specials etc its even more fun as your guy hurtles like 150 mph/24567 kph in the air :)

NANACAâ€*CRASH!! - Information

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, there a a couple english sites even that explain the game's mechanics a bit. And yes, it's one of the rare flash games that make you want to play it over and over again. Java hasn't got much to do with that game, it's pure Flash.

For the record, it's based on a japanese hentai game called CROSS†CHANNEL. Of course, the flash game has no hentai content in it.

[/offtopic]

Last edited: