What's new

Help me please.

LMo

Ok, so you get noobs in here all the time "HELP ME!!!", crap like that...Well...I guess i'm no different.

I'll get straight to the point, and be blunt.

I have a bios that works, games that are compatible, i have Chankast configured, i'm using Daemon 3.29.

Now, the emulator boots fine, and i'm not getting any error messages, or clock resets. But when i put the self bootable inmage into the virtual drive, chankast checks it then doesn't do anything. When i boot up the emulator with the disk already in the virtual drive, the emulator thinks it is a music cd and tries to play audio tracks. I even have the Eutopia disk, but that doesn't get recognised either.

I have been trying for weeks to get this working by myself, reading FAQ after FAQ, reading forums and such. This is the first time i have joined a forum for advice though.

If someone could help me i would appreciate it greatly.

OP
L

LMo

I've tried both, Alcohol 1st and then Daemon 3.29, Daemon was recommended though...

Truck

Im new to my 1st post :) I had media player pop up also when I clicked on the virtual drive icon in explorer or my computer I use alcohol 120 I could never get the other d/tools working But I got the games working eventualy using 120 just make sure the game is mounted not just loaded into the virtual drive and Chankast knows the path etc.....by reading your post you have done this allready but it worked for me I had the same sort of trouble then all of a sudden it works :)

Truck

I use xxx one and it works The other ASPI CD-ROM plugin gives cant read TOC from F: drive error Not sure if LMo is getting that error though ..........Hi Agozer your link in your sig http://linksadventure.no-ip.org/agozer/...how do you play nanaca-crash_v107.swf ? lol I guess go as far as possible and I did at the first go but now I cant .....Off topic but was curious :)

PMend

I hope someone can solve this guys problem because I am having the same problems here. Whenever I try to load a game I always get the spinning disk audio menu. I also tried utopia version 1.2 and 1.5 and get same result.

What I have tried:

Different verison of Daemon Tools (inc 3.29)
Alcohol 120 and it's newer version.

I know I am mounting image because Emu recognizes different size files as longer audio tracks tried 2 different games.

I am stumped and hope someone out there can help.

My one question is How am I supposed to make the iso image? I tried Nero, Magig and Ultra ISO. Is there a certain setting when making the iso that I am doing wrong or is there some setting on Daemon. HELP ME TOO!!!!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The board rules prohibit you for asking how to rip CD images, so we won't help you with that.

This happens with every game?

OP
L

LMo

I use the ASPI plugin, i downloaded the ASPI drivers for it...Before i did that i got the TOC error, but i read up on it and found a little program that tells you whether you have ASPI drivers or not...And i didn't.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I use the ASPI plugin, i downloaded the ASPI drivers for it...Before i did that i got the TOC error, but i read up on it and found a little program that tells you whether you have ASPI drivers or not...And i didn't.
That's because no XP system has ASPI drivers preinstalled. XP uses IOCTRL for CD/DVD-ROM access, so ASPI is pretty much useless... until you find a program that doesn't work with anything other than ASPI, which is plain stupid. Chankast does provie the users with an alternative though.

Cobrax1884

Banned
well, his problem is very hard to solve are you SURE that you have set chankast the way it should be?
hey, wait, YAY 300th post, god i gotta stop doing this :)

Last edited:
OP
L

LMo

I'm absolutely positive...

4e1dohh.jpg

4d5hpuu.jpg

^My virtual drive

Cable Type = NTSC (yes, i've tried VGA as well)

I've tried CD-ROM interface xxx and Input interface xxx.

Sounds like Chankast has screwed up your flash file.
This causes chan. to act very stangley(Like the battery on your 'Dreamcast' is dead)
Try replacing it with the one from the zip file.

Truck

Hi LMo
in your first post you said the emu works fine and you go to start a game and nothing happens except media player pops up and you get media player playing ..that to me is saying windows knows its an iso what ever file and has no program to associate with it so opens media player Some movies etc wont work until you get the right codec so windows opens up media player and you can hear the sound but no pic....So any way I think its your image or the way you have it mounted and not your chankast or its settings......I hope you get it working ....as I said previously I had the same trouble then it just worked I was messin with 120

Ps thanks Agozer
for pm I got 625.39 m so far I will keep up the practice to reach 6000+ lol

Last edited:
OP
L

LMo

I never said i got media player popping up...I get Chankast checking the iso, then nothing....If i put the iso in, and reset Chankast, it reads it as an audio file and CHANKAST tries to play an "audio cd" (it reads the files in the iso as audio files...)