What's new

Grand Theft Auto Bad!

Eagle

aka Alshain
ScottJC said:
Banning this game would not stop your friend from playing it, he still owns a copy.

New rant: If only the world was full of people like you doom, then everything we don't like would be banned... I despise the taste of Marmite (A sandwich spread)... my brother eats it... he used to tease me with it. Ok I don't like that BAN IT, lets see what else don't I like, ah yes.

I don't like Mobile Phones, BAN IT. they annoy me. end of rant.

Theres a name for that... Conservatism.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ScottJC said:
Banning this game would not stop your friend from playing it, he still owns a copy.

New rant: If only the world was full of people like you doom, then everything we don't like would be banned... I despise the taste of Marmite (A sandwich spread)... my brother eats it... he used to tease me with it. Ok I don't like that BAN IT, lets see what else don't I like, ah yes.

I don't like Mobile Phones, BAN IT. they annoy me. end of rant.

As for GTA not being well built, I seem to recall GTA Vice City winning an award for being the best game ever on tv once, can't remember what show it was but if you can design a game that gets an award like that you're good.
Aww now, don't compare me like that. There may be a lot of things I don't like, but I don't want to see them banned for that. Let's just drop that subject, shall we? No bannings of sort!
Oh yeah, my "friend" is a my little brother, who's about 10-11 years old. Yessss...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Then you know damn well he shouldn't be playing it then and have negated your entire arguement ;)

It'd be like me argueing why South Park is bad if i had a little brother and i was letting him watch it.

What's that thing on the GTA box.. it says "18" on it? do you know WHY? because those under 18 shouldn't be allowed to play it... ffs take it off him.

Last edited:
OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Duh, don'cha think I tried? I've argued that he shouldn't play it, but still he does and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Shpongled

News Junkie
Normally people learn their social behaviors from social interaction, not from video games... 6/7 of my vocabulary and social habits were learned from school. Well, once in a while I do bust out the random "It's me~a~Mario!" at a dinner party...

Eagle

aka Alshain
Doomulation said:
Duh, don'cha think I tried? I've argued that he shouldn't play it, but still he does and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Do you have a parent or guardian? Tell them to take it away.

WhiteX

WhiteX´s list of things good to be banned forever:

1 - Rap music;
2 - Mobile phones and their stupid ringtones;
3 - Wet men.

Like Darth Sidious said, "Wipe them out, all of them."

smcd

Well you've done all you can do, so if he goes on a mad shooting/stabbing/beating spree you can say "Told you so!"

talker

I have GTA SA, love the game.
I love rap music, it's nice..
Some ringtones on the mobile phone are okey.

I had sex, i have a girlfriend that's older then me, i use bad language (only on norwegian, tho).

My age i 14. (my birthday was Feb 5.)
I drink coffe, alot of pepsi, and watching 15 - 18 year old rated movies.

I don't see what the problem is. Maby that kid don't can se the diffrent b/t real life and videogame. Maby he got ADHD..

Not everyone that are around the age 5-16 do everything a game tell you to do,
You people might think that i'm boasting about things..

Cheers..

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Dude, I was once that age too, y'know. I would know. OF course it doesn't... I was watching films rated from 15 before I was 15, with no bad effects. But some people DO get affected, especially the young ones.

Well you've done all you can do, so if he goes on a mad shooting/stabbing/beating spree you can say "Told you so!"
Yesh, I'll do that :p

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
As usual, our friends at penny-arcade have the situation down perfectly;);
(I considered renaming this post "How To Post Penny-Arcade Cartoons That FIT The Topic, For Dummies...") :whistling

Last edited:

Gorxon

Administrator
talker said:
I have GTA SA, love the game.
You people might think that i'm boasting about things..

Cheers..

Well, I don't really care as it's not really interesting in watching individual cases.

I do believe that SOME very young people can get inspiration by violent movies/games, but it the source of the problem is not there. I bet that in 99% of such cases (not that there even are a hundred), you'll find some other major reason behind it. Abuse in childhood, bad parenting, bad friends/milieu, you name it. Normal people won't really be affected. If they were I wouldn't dare to walk the streets, as a large part of the population play these games. ;)

So then we're left with the inspiration part. But people who are affected by this probably watch all sorts of weird movies they find on the web (which really can mess up your mind) and other such things. Of course I might be way off here, but so might you...impossible to know. Personally I think games like Manhunt are just ridiculous, but in games like GTA the violence actually play a more, let's say, "normal" part. You carry out mission for gangs and such - while in real life isn't something I condone - it's more normal. Making snuff movies isn't. I also believe that movies mess more with your mind than video games for the single fact that it looks way more real...

I could write lots more on the subject, but I guess this is boring reading so I'll stop here ;)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Theory; People are idiots.
I think the thing to do is; Ban idiots from playing games. Ever. Think of the benefits. With any luck Official Nintendo Magazine may even disappear then. ;)

talker

Gorxon said:
Well, I don't really care as it's not really interesting in watching individual cases.

I do believe that SOME very young people can get inspiration by violent movies/games, but it the source of the problem is not there. I bet that in 99% of such cases (not that there even are a hundred), you'll find some other major reason behind it. Abuse in childhood, bad parenting, bad friends/milieu, you name it. Normal people won't really be affected. If they were I wouldn't dare to walk the streets, as a large part of the population play these games. ;)

So then we're left with the inspiration part. But people who are affected by this probably watch all sorts of weird movies they find on the web (which really can mess up your mind) and other such things. Of course I might be way off here, but so might you...impossible to know. Personally I think games like Manhunt are just ridiculous, but in games like GTA the violence actually play a more, let's say, "normal" part. You carry out mission for gangs and such - while in real life isn't something I condone - it's more normal. Making snuff movies isn't. I also believe that movies mess more with your mind than video games for the single fact that it looks way more real...

I could write lots more on the subject, but I guess this is boring reading so I'll stop here ;)

Naah, just keep writing.
I think that i've learn something..