What's new

Grand Theft Auto Bad!

2fast4u

Doomulation said:
video games can cause other things, such as people copying the bad language of gta, which is extremely annoying.

im sure gta is the only reason people start cursing, yeah that makes sense. :p

no bad words, bad thoughts :D

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
That's why I only play games like KOTOR or Battlefield... Last time I checked `force storm` or `force choke` didn't work in real life. Then I couldn't find myself a good anti-tank weapon or napalm and the whole killing spree idea just fell apart. :(

Also the lawyer involved is the same one who started every single other case like this. Jack Thompson, you wacky wacky nutcase. When will you learn?

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
2fast4u said:

Yo yo yo well it be makin' da kids talk like this down in da hood, like fo' real y'all, Grove Street fo' life bitch etc etc

EDIT; No actually if we can prevent any more people starting to talk like that by banning This Sick Filth I'm suddenly all for it... :p

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
2fast4u said:

No, what I meant was because of the foul language, especially kids try to copy it, since they think it's "cool." Of course, it can be with any game, but gta uses very foul language.

all in favor of banning rap music? i mean while were at it and such... :p
Yes, I'm for that one =)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Rap music is way more to blame for foul language than GTA, even so... some people like it and they have the right to listen to it. I'd be a hypocrite if I said "ban it" after defending my right to play violent video games. :)

TV is also a source of foul language *cough*south park, etc*cough*... don't tell me GTA is the only place to get bad language. you been to any school lately... or college? they practically swear every time they speak.

Eagle

aka Alshain
ScottJC said:
you been to any school lately... or college? they practically swear every time they speak.

Damnit, I'm sorry allready. You dont have to bite my fucking head off. ;)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
This has gone so off on a fucking tangent it's unreal... :whistling
Still the Emutalk "Ban Rap Music" campaign appears to be getting of to a flying start. :party:

"Like, FO' REAL BITCH... and stuff..."

dukenukem

lord freiza
LOL looks like this might lead to the banning of rap music pretty soon:),although i listen to it but mostly the older rap songs from tupac and notorious big:).I wonder if that kid got the gun from his own parents house,and if they were the ones who bought him the game.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

ScottJC said:
TV is also a source of foul language *cough*south park, etc*cough*... don't tell me GTA is the only place to get bad language. you been to any school lately... or college? they practically swear every time they speak.
Sure it isn't... but still it a source of VERY foul language, language you do not hear everyday. And escpecially NOT at school. GTA is much worse than normal swearing.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Fuck no it isn't... Swearing isn't that bad ho! i'll pop your fucking head open! BITCH! ;)

Seriously though, this is the reason it has an 18 sticker on it.. players should be grown up enough not to take the game out of its context. If they do... well what can you do. I've been playing Vice City for most of the day and it hasn't affected me adversely. I have no urge to kill or go talk to my folks/friends/etc in a dirty manner... so much for your theory.

Guess what... I haven't stolen any cars either... by golly.. GTA is sooo bad.

if you don't like the game DON'T PLAY IT. end of story.

Edit: if you're wondering why I take this to my heart its because i'm sick to death of people trying to fill our heads with things like "games are bad.. don't play manhunt or gta.. they bad... m'kay" then people continue on this path of total bs and then attempt to get it banned because they think their right.

They took manhunt off the shelves once in a lot of stores because of crap like this, what if *I* wanted to buy a copy... me.. a sane 20 year old, I am denied of playing this 18 rated game because a bunch of retards can't tell the difference between real life and a game? pfft... not that this is the case because I had a copy anyway.

Sure.. ban this ban that... leave me with nothing why don't you. rant over.

Last edited:

smcd

Yeah, they officially released a patch to remove the WTC from the game too (MS Flight Sim) :p

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Ohhh, well I have to agree with you. To remove a good game for someone because of such crap is just plain sad. I still don't think gta is well built and should be banned (imo) but that don't take it seriously. If other people enjoy it... fine, I shouldn't stop them, I guess.

But it still makes me angry to see someone I KNOW to take after the stupid language of this game, which is one of the reasons I hate it so much. However much I tell him to stop, he doesn't listen... and who's fault is it that he learned it?
Gah... I can't stop him from playing, so what?

Trotterwatch

But it still makes me angry to see someone I KNOW to take after the stupid language of this game, which is one of the reasons I hate it so much. However much I tell him to stop, he doesn't listen... and who's fault is it that he learned it?

I would summise from that, that your friend is actually rather simple minded. It isn't the games fault he is a simpleton. Maybe don't suggest he puts his hands in fire, y'know he sounds like he may just do it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Banning this game would not stop your friend from playing it, he still owns a copy.

New rant: If only the world was full of people like you doom, then everything we don't like would be banned... I despise the taste of Marmite (A sandwich spread)... my brother eats it... he used to tease me with it. Ok I don't like that BAN IT, lets see what else don't I like, ah yes.

I don't like Mobile Phones, BAN IT. they annoy me. end of rant.

As for GTA not being well built, I seem to recall GTA Vice City winning an award for being the best game ever on tv once, can't remember what show it was but if you can design a game that gets an award like that you're good.

Last edited: