What's new

God - Not this question AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Uh, can you point out exactly what contradiction is there? I really see none, unless you misunderstood. Also, I'd love to know where my grammar is lacking there..? As an English graduate I'd be very interested. Reads fine to me. Besides, you know the phrase about people in glass houses, right?
Or should I put it into nice, little words for "u"?
"Where is me writing bad for u so I can esplain the words proper like?"

And at this point I'd like to point out if you're watching DivX'ed versions of films, or "warez" versions of games at all - You're a pirate! Shock! And if you're not, and you are buying these films or games - you're giving these irrationally hated corporations money and are thus a total hypocrite. Neither of which I'll waste time on after that. So, which is it?

"(UK funny $):"

Ah... so a currency other than the almighty U.S. dollar is "funny money". Figures.

Macca

crhylove said:

oh, and alphawolf, didn't u mean that the pc makes a great DIVX player? who watches dvds anymore?

a shitload of people around the world, and from what i have read, most of the people in this forum. Sure DivX is great but its absolutly nothing compared to watching a brandspanking new anamorphic dvd with dts blaring outta your system. Movies on DivX is for people who can't tell the difference between a classic LP and a CD.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:
Uh, can you point out exactly what contradiction is there? I really see none, unless you misunderstood. Also, I'd love to know where my grammar is lacking there..? As an English graduate I'd be very interested. Reads fine to me. Besides, you know the phrase about people in glass houses, right?
Or should I put it into nice, little words for "u"?
"Where is me writing bad for u so I can esplain the words proper like?"

And at this point I'd like to point out if you're watching DivX'ed versions of films, or "warez" versions of games at all - You're a pirate! Shock! And if you're not, and you are buying these films or games - you're giving these irrationally hated corporations money and are thus a total hypocrite. Neither of which I'll waste time on after that. So, which is it?

"(UK funny $):"

Ah... so a currency other than the almighty U.S. dollar is "funny money". Figures.

/me chants..

"STALKID64, STALKID64, STALKID64!!" :happy:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I got a gamecube, it rules!

only got 5 games now, but theres quite a few i want.

gamecube is cheap, has an excellent control pad, and there is tons of new games coming out for xmas... >:)

as for the x-box, the only reason i'd want one of them is if i needed a coffee table ;)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Macca said:
crhylove said:

oh, and alphawolf, didn't u mean that the pc makes a great DIVX player? who watches dvds anymore?

a shitload of people around the world, and from what i have read, most of the people in this forum. Sure DivX is great but its absolutly nothing compared to watching a brandspanking new anamorphic dvd with dts blaring outta your system. Movies on DivX is for people who can't tell the difference between a classic LP and a CD.

That realy depends on the bitrate your encoding at. If you do it at the same bitrate as DVD, you will get much higher quality.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I keep telling you people... in a few years time, XBox stockpiles will be so large that they'll be used to build cheap housing for the poor. It'll take, what, 30 of them to build a relatively nice bungalow? Of course they'll still require an extra $30 remote control to play DVD's but hey... :p

Macca said:

Amen brother! ;)
Though in the case of new Buffy ep's on Kazaa saving waiting until Sky One get their act together (again), its a temporary substitute. :)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
That should be enough fuel to keep the XBox fire a-burning for a while longer then... wow, I can't believe the console has almost run out of potential jokes about it already.
"XBox - the console so poor all the jokes have already been used! As such, there really has never been a better time to own XBox. Buy one, NOW... before they come up with new material!"
Feel free to use that tagline Microsoft. Call it a goodwill gesture. :)

crhylove

Banned
with regards to divx:

never underestimate the dark side of the nforce. :evilgrin:

and i'll take ANY form of video without drm $H1+ over any form with it... politically anyway.

rhy

Macca

AlphaWolf said:
That realy depends on the bitrate your encoding at. If you do it at the same bitrate as DVD, you will get much higher quality.

Ya for sure but how many people have their pcs set up to their tv/amp/speakers or a divx player. Its a lot easier and beneficial for people to use dvd cause if your like me, you wanna see the extras on the dvds especially if a decent commentry is included.

Macca

Stalkid64 said:
Though in the case of new Buffy ep's on Kazaa saving waiting until Sky One get their act together (again), its a temporary substitute. :)

I'm constantly downloading tv shows off kazaa due to the fact that it takes so bloody long for it to be shown on tv here. :)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Recommendation;
a nice quick search for "buffy help" (72mb/42min) will reveal Tuesdays US-broadcast episode... truly exceptional, as have been "Lessons" "Beneath You" and the (surprisingly gory) "Same Time, Same Place". Roll on DVD's!

RatTrap

GODLIKE
crhylove said:
with regards to divx:

never underestimate the dark side of the nforce. :evilgrin:

and i'll take ANY form of video without drm $H1+ over any form with it... politically anyway.

rhy

your making it look.. like you somehow think that the purpose that groups making emulators or divx or mp3 software/3ncoders etc have.. is to do these new formats or emus or whatever just out of hate for the companies.. wich is in most cases (i would say 90%) the oposite..

if that is your attitude though.. your going to get flamed by most ppl.. on most boards.. most often.. mostly with good reason..

personally.. i find you to be very childish and relativly reckless with your thoughts and your own selfishness.. we're all abit selfish.. but your just being down right fruity :p..

btw.. it's nice that you can write english and all that.. i'm in sweden.. so is martin.. the owner of this forum.. we don't write perfect english eather.. but the main thing is to get your point across.. and make some kind of sense.. so; to diss other ppls language skillz is just down right wrong.. unless the person trully can't type english at all.. then he/she should get a hugg coz the poor thing is so missunderstood :(.. awww.. hehe..

anyways.. on the news/flip/unf/weird? side:
not sure you guys know about this.. i got this info some days ago.. been busy though so i didn't post.. anyways:

the new GC FF game is supposed to work with the GBA.. not as in it 'can'.. work with the GBA.. but more like.. it WILL work with the GBA ;).. so all you GC & FF fans might have to buy a GBA by the time it's out.. also it's more of an action type game than the way it has been before.. to me from what i've seen.. it looks incredible.. gameplay is like i've dreamed they would make it.. i saw so many flaws b4 in FF games.. and things they could add to make them more exiting.. since we all know that exping up in FF games tends to get boring after a while.. anyways.. it's a whole lot more XenoGears-ish if you think realtime.. what i've seen though is still preliminary.. it could change.. but there seem to be alot of talk about the GBA and GC link being the only gameplay way.. also someone told me the main idea was that it could work with both a controller and a GBA if you play with a friend.. but otherwize for only one player it was based on just controlling the game thru the GBA.. i think your supposed to use the GBA screen for some targetting or sumthing like that.. although this seems trully weird to me.. because it could make less ppl buy it.. (since it's something so diferent and so new.. ok not really it's been donne b4 but it's a new angle to modern age gaming).. it seems they have a trick up their sleaves.. if it'll work out.. hmm i can't be sure though.. but i find it like a step in the right direction.. something new and diferent might be what puts this game over all other FF games.. (we all know that no FF game has been able to surpase the fame of the first PSX FF game.. FFVII)..

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
rattrap:
My congrats on your language skills. And on Martin's. I speak zero swedish so you get all my respect.
However, as a musician the current corporate/US/world view on copyright/patent/drm is just plain horse$hi+. i'm not trying to "make it seem" any way at all. i'm just going by what *i* see every day, if you disagree, that's fine, but i will have to have the opinion that you are less aware of that topic than i am.

and as for getting flamed by a bunch of whiney corporate fanboys, well, that is OK with me also :) in fact i encourage it, because then i can speak out on DRM, lack of human rights, and any other political issue which i think is important and pertinent.

And yes, i know Martin is afk atm, but i think using his name to try to flame me for joking about somebody's grammar is kind of like saying, "Hey, my big brother thinks you're stupid too." which, maybe he does, but that's HIS place to say, not yours, isn't it?

and as for selfishness, maybe everybody DOES have it. But with regards to piracy and DRM issues, that is CLEARLY not my motivation or I wouldn't repeatedly get involved in these flame wars where i am usually outnumbered. The plain simple fact is: ALL RM (digital and analog too) are bad for humanity as a whole, while only benefiting a very very small minority, often times just one person.

but i respect the tone and tamber and prose of your english, even if i disagree with you about myself, who i don't think you know very well at all. :)

rhy

crhylove

Banned
oh yeah, and rat trap i also like your spiffy roll over html links in your sig. c how 733+ u r? my sig sucks! somebody tell me how to fix it!

RatTrap

GODLIKE
crhylove said:
rattrap:
My congrats on your language skills. And on Martin's. I speak zero swedish so you get all my respect.
However, as a musician the current corporate/US/world view on copyright/patent/drm is just plain horse$hi+. i'm not trying to "make it seem" any way at all. i'm just going by what *i* see every day, if you disagree, that's fine, but i will have to have the opinion that you are less aware of that topic than i am.

And yes, i know Martin is afk atm, but i think using his name to try to flame me for joking about somebody's grammar is kind of like saying, "Hey, my big brother thinks you're stupid too." which, maybe he does, but that's HIS place to say, not yours, isn't it?

the only reason i mentioned marty is cause he and i and Dom and McLoud for example are known to make alot of mistakes on IRC while typing in english.. it's something we kid around about.. but usually we get things said well anyways.. i could have mentioned anyone else.. but since you ARE right about one thing.. i don't know you very well at all.. i have to mention someone whom you might know to get my point across.. coz if i mention someone you DON*T know.. then you'll be like.. who?.. so marty works well to make my point clear :p.. i don't need to point at big bro to say anything to you.. you should know that by now ;)..

aaaalso.. you started the english bit in a very ugly way and without much sense towards stalkid.. wich is the only reason i said anything to start with.. anyways.. that put aside:

i AM very much aware about what DRM will do.. and has donne in the past (i'm not sure if you know what the DMCA is.. and it's laws/prohibitions).. i find them to be totally on time.. and right!.. if you believe you have the right to pirate someone elses work for the rest of your life.. you should be spanked :p.. honestly.. if you think that way.. you seem to me like a very cheap and respecktless litle brat who don't wanna pay for his songs, movies, games etc.. as in.. you want things for free.. that is the most unrealistic view of life there is.. and it's what bothers me most about ppl online today.. WAAAY to much piracy going on.. if it keeps up.. do you trully believe the companies will be able to make new games.. new apps.. new music?.. they'll end up bankkrupt.. guess who pays their sallaries.. we do.. we buy their products.. just like we buy food.. and believe it or not.. food companies are most often bigger then record labels.. game companies.. etc.. they just have no need for public notice.. so they are just happy advertising their products.. look at how many comercials you see on tv.. how many are from food companies?.. tv comersials are the most expensive type of comerse atm.. so i ask you.. do you REAAALLY believe that game companies and record labels and soft companies.. WBros.. etc are doing SO well?.. yeah.. some are.. but not all!.. and the ones that are doing good.. are'nt doing as good as they would be doing if you stoped leeching their copyrighted material.. wich they have a law on.. and should get paid for.. it's a product.. like any other.. you chose to listen, play or watch it.. if you don't pay for it.. then you aren't aloud to say anything.. it's that simple..

if i was to blame ANYONE.. for DRM.. it would be people like you.. if ppl didn't leech SO much.. there would'nt be a need for a new legal system or any new Palladin system etc.. most ppl these days.. leech and leech and leech.. and don't even go visit the music stores.. it's sad.. even the stores are suffering..

Status
Not open for further replies.