What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Gecko's Smash Bros Mayhem

Aurelian

Maverick Hunter
I really like the textures on the changed map, everything looks perfect except for the cartoony windows, can't you use a different texture? Perhaps something with a window sil? Keep up the good work!

OP
Gecko Lee

Gecko Lee

I've been watching your progress, and I have to say that this is the best project I've seen around here in a long time. Good job.

Thank you. ^^

The buildings look like carton...And i think thats a good thing. Nice job!

Yes, it's still a cartoon game. That's what Nintendo is about. :D

wow, that looks amazing!
The moon has some errors, but that looks kick ass man.
Thank you! The moon looks this way due to Jabo's plugin. Rice's video renders backgrounds in a right way whereas Jabo simply cuts off many textures. Hopefully it will get fixed or maybe it's just my graphics card. All in all, it's just a rendering problem. :sorcerer:

I really like the textures on the changed map, everything looks perfect except for the cartoony windows, can't you use a different texture? Perhaps something with a window sil? Keep up the good work!

There's a certain tolerance before it would look too realistic. Could you give an example? I did not quite get what you meant by window sil(houette?) linguistically. :teehee:

Last edited:

Datadayne

That looks awesome man. One minor suggestion. How about changing that weird texture on the Super mario stage?

http://emutalk.net/attachment.php?at...d=1182 033099

You know, the edges of that platform? It looks a little weird right now with the beautiful grass texture but odd edges.

Thats a hard one to do, (like he mentioned). The height is 1 pixel so he can only make it 4 pixels high. This means you cant really add detail to it.

Terranigma

Thats a hard one to do, (like he mentioned). The height is 1 pixel so he can only make it 4 pixels high. This means you cant really add detail to it.

Why not make it brown like a dirt color? Since there's grass on top of it, just color that one pixel brown so it'll look like a piece of the ground has been lifted up.

Datadayne

Why not make it brown like a dirt color? Since there's grass on top of it, just color that one pixel brown so it'll look like a piece of the ground has been lifted up.

true, but dont you think that it will look weird if its one solid color with nothing on it. He tried a solid green to make it look like grass, but that was'nt too good.

OP
Gecko Lee

Gecko Lee

There are no updates, lately. You do not know how much I am pissed of by the way how textures are aligned on Kirby's Dreamland. I'm giving this one up as I am simply unable to get this one right.

I liked the idea of Kirby's Iceland, though. It would have fit with the interactions (blowing wind).

I'd still like to do Yoshi's Island and Mushroom Kingdoom as soon as I have a good idea for them.

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
There are no updates, lately. You do not know how much I am pissed of by the way how textures are aligned on Kirby's Dreamland. I'm giving this one up as I am simply unable to get this one right.

I liked the idea of Kirby's Iceland, though. It would have fit with the interactions (blowing wind).

I'd still like to do Yoshi's Island and Mushroom Kingdoom as soon as I have a good idea for them.

just keep trying it and you'll get it; but personally I like that, just make the trees icy if you can.

nice work, glad to see you're still up on this.

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
you have got a few stages done, and i think that im not the only one that would like you to pack what you have.

OP
Gecko Lee

Gecko Lee

I'd rather like to share my textures with someone who would like to contribute to a texture package for SSB before releasing it to the public. Releasing an unfished package makes no sense. :cat:

Im Bored

lol@censors
Well, what else are you looking to be done? I can help with certain things, but I refuse to touch the abominations that are those characters.

OP
Gecko Lee

Gecko Lee

I just saw your own projects and I like them.

Would you like to work on Kirby's Iceland? I could send you the already existing textures. Other than that I haven't touched Planet Zebes and Yoshi's Island so far and I do not have ideas for them, yet.

I'm working on Mushroom Kingdom right now and it should probably completed within the next week.

Last edited:

Im Bored

lol@censors
Ok, well I was hoping itd be stage work as I couldnt handle pokemon sprites!

Yeah, if youd like to send the Kirby stuff [via PM, or whatever], I can have a go with that. I just reinstalled my 1.7 beta so I'll be able to work for Jabo's plug in, and I can give those two levels a shot some time as well.