What's new

Gamecube not worthy, says microsoft.

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Ah...my threads bring out the war instinct in everybody... :emutalk:

/me sheds a small tear of joy from his eye...

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I'm waiting for the day where N64 emulation is perfect, and I can just hook my PC up to an HDTV and play games in full resolution.

As for the X-Box, MS can just go f00k itself.

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
The Khan Artist said:
I'm waiting for the day where N64 emulation is perfect, and I can just hook my PC up to an HDTV and play games in full resolution.

With the New 1964 coming soon, whenever the beta team has finished the testing, this will put that into the right direction. Im sorry Ive mentionned a lot about the new 1964 coming out lately, but Im just itching to try it.

pandamoan

Banned
scotty said:
With the New 1964 coming soon, whenever the beta team has finished the testing, this will put that into the right direction. Im sorry Ive mentionned a lot about the new 1964 coming out lately, but Im just itching to try it.

i'd have to agree with both of you, and yes alpha, your devil's advocacy was blatent.

was my counter advocacy? i love playing the innocent after i clearly intended to rile people up. and i pride myself on being more subtle in this role.

jamie

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Christ you don't half have a high opinion of yourself kid. BTW you are not that smart since you pissed off the owner of this entire network ;)

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
pandamoan said:
i'd have to agree with both of you, and yes alpha, your devil's advocacy was blatent.

was my counter advocacy? i love playing the innocent after i clearly intended to rile people up. and i pride myself on being more subtle in this role.

jamie

Actualy in all honesty, it wasn't intended at all, I just have that effect sometimes :p

pandamoan

Banned
whoops! i was kinda drunk last night.

and who owns the network, you? i'm not trying to be rude, i just actually have no idea! (nor do i know who i pissed off, come to think of it. wasn't it all in good fun?)

jamie

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
pandamoan said:
whoops! i was kinda drunk last night.

and who owns the network, you? i'm not trying to be rude, i just actually have no idea! (nor do i know who i pissed off, come to think of it. wasn't it all in good fun?)

jamie

That would be martin64, and IIRC, the specific incident was your comment about sweden (though I wasn't sure if that "pissed him off" or not, as its kinda hard to piss martin off...I can piss almost anybody off, martins a bit of a tough nut though :p )

Last edited:

pandamoan

Banned
that doesn't piss me off.

xbox is clearly the best console out.

but all consoles suck compared to my computer, so why bother with any of them?

jamie

Davemc

Dave
Because there's some great console only games. Unfortunately, that'd mean you'd have to BUY something.

Raede

M00pen sistay foor!
pandamoan said:
I wish all the best emulators ran under linux, i'd probably switch from XP.

jamie

Hehe, just wait. Soon mupen64 won't be such a bitch to run. *banned*

pandamoan

Banned
yes, actually it WOULD be a shame, since i'd much rather buy a new vid card or something WORTH money. like doom 3 or halflife 2 when they come out.

jamie

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
pandamoan said:
yes, actually it WOULD be a shame, since i'd much rather buy a new vid card or something WORTH money. like doom 3 or halflife 2 when they come out.

jamie

How on earth does your mind work....if it does.

What if you really liked a specific console game, would you just sit around and wait to get it free? :rolleyes:

God damn freeloaders buy something for a change :term:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
pandamoan said:

jamie

O...K...

You do realise that both of those are going to be on Xbox? XD

And um... you're at an emulation forum.

You realise if everybody had your attitude, all the console devs would've gone out of business long ago and this place probably wouldn't even exist?

In fact, I get the feeling that in some ways PC gaming would be hurt badly by a loss of consoles - relying solely on PC games would probably increase piracy, even compared to the ludicrous levels it's at today.

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:
In fact, I get the feeling that in some ways PC gaming would be hurt badly by a loss of consoles - relying solely on PC games would probably increase piracy, even compared to the ludicrous levels it's at today.

Hmm... I dunno, the trends over the last decade only show PC sales taking larger and larger shares of the market as time progresses. If piracy was that bad of a problem, this wouldn't be the case. CD-key systems only sweeten the deal.

pandamoan

Banned
this is an emulation forum? crap, stupid firebird..... lol

seriously though, i think that consoles are an outmoded outdated relic, that have only continued to exist like they do because there are huge gains to be made monetarily by the corporations who make games by keeping them on consoles.

piracy is an issue on every platform btw, so i don't think that's especially relevant.

computers are just superior hardware, and their multiple uses make their prices and value for those prices so much higher than any console.

and finally:
a good computer game ALWAYS kicks all crap out of a good console game.

when doom came out, people were still playing side scrolling platformers!

the thing that i see as really negative (about consoles) is that alot of kids get into them, and not symmetrically into computers, and hence learn very little from the experience. kids who get into games on computers end up learning a whole lot though.

jamie

Trotterwatch

Not sure what planet you exist on Pandamoan. Consoles exist for the simple reason that they are litterally turn on and play devices.

PCs however much you like to state otherwise usually are not. Also, no matter how much you window dress it, you are still a software pirate, and not some sort of freedom fighter......