What's new

Gamecube not worthy, says microsoft.

Davemc

Dave
GC is doing better in Europe and Japan, because in America, everyone is bound to buy Microsoft shit because they're an American company. Europe is the only nuetral ground, and GC is outselling the XBOX.
Doesn't worry me I have (had) all 3. I sold my XBOX early. I'm going to buy another one soon, so then my collection of current generation consoles is complete. :)
I'm neutral, I don't care for comanies, I have no bias, I just like games.

KoЯn said:
GC is doing better in Europe and Japan, because in America, everyone is bound to buy Microsoft shit because they're an American company.

Fook that theory. I wouldn't even care if Nintendo originated in Russia, i would still buy their wonderful games. I don't care if Microsoft was orirginated from Egypt, i would still hate their game studios ( It's been that way since Rare did what they did )

smegforbrain

Next Microsoft will be claiming that the GC isn't secure enough or something.

They're just throwing their weight around with nothing to support it.

I hope their next console fails. Miserably.

And then they can actually dump that money into something useful, like making Windows more secure.

Flash

Technomage
smegforbrain said:
And then they can actually dump that money into something useful, like making Windows more secure.

I'm sure, pigs will fly when MS will make secure OS :D

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
KoЯn said:
GC is doing better in Europe and Japan, because in America, everyone is bound to buy Microsoft shit because they're an American company. Europe is the only nuetral ground, and GC is outselling the XBOX.
Doesn't worry me I have (had) all 3. I sold my XBOX early. I'm going to buy another one soon, so then my collection of current generation consoles is complete. :)
I'm neutral, I don't care for comanies, I have no bias, I just like games.

Last I saw (a month or two ago), the xbox was outselling gamecube in europe.

pandamoan

Banned
AlphaWolf said:
Last I saw (a month or two ago), the xbox was outselling gamecube in europe.

all the new consoles suck, i'd much rather emulate them on my leet computer, at higher resolution, with decent gamepads.

people just have no patience... emulation is ALWAYS better than the original, eventually.

jamie.

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
pandamoan said:
all the new consoles suck, i'd much rather emulate them on my leet computer, at higher resolution, with decent gamepads.

people just have no patience... emulation is ALWAYS better than the original, eventually.

jamie.

Well, I wouldn't say that. Xbox makes a highly convenient mobile gaming system. It readily plugs right into any TV/HDTV without the hastle of fine tuning any tv-out drivers. It can also emulate every system n64 and back. Add xbox media player, and the xbox turns into the ultimate DVD/VCD/DIVX/ABOUTAMILLIONOTHERTHINGS player. Plus it has dolby digital support.

On top of all of that, it plays current generation console games :)

Last edited:

pandamoan

Banned
what?

for once i actually agree with you alpha, of course the xbox can only do all that stuff if you HACK THE HELL OUT OF IT, and install Linux.

:D

I wish all the best emulators ran under linux, i'd probably switch from XP.

jamie

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
pandamoan said:

jamie.

Translation, I'm too lazy to actually buy something

2fast4u

pandamoan said:
with decent gamepads

i dunno .. have you ever tried to play a psx game with a pc gamepad that has only 2 shoulder buttons? exactly. as far as im concerned the real controllers beat standard models for the pc.

pandamoan

Banned
vampireuk said:
Death to freeloaders!

what? these responses are both ridiculous. at over $30 an hour (my current rate of pay), just setting up an emulator and the associated roms was far more expensive than buying the hardware/software. This kind of thing makes me an enthusiast, not a freeloader.

furthermore, if you just don't care, then why post? that's like saying, "i don't like bananas.", and then eating two bananas right in front of somebody while clearly enjoying it.

and laziness is certainly not an issue, or i'd just buy a whole gang load of crap on ebay, for much cheaper than the computer upgrades/components/time and do everything that way. Hell, true laziness would probably mean i wouldn't post anything at all.

what the hell was the point of this whole conversation, and why do i feel the need to defend myself in the face of such ridiculous comments, anyway?

i guess i'll chalk it up to "laziness" and "freeloading".

jamie

scotty

The Great One
I dont own any of the new consoles, after N64, that was it. I can understand them being right that they arent worthy in the US anymore.

If I buy a new console, Itll probably be the Xbox, and its only because Rare is with them, I find it funny, every console I have had, and really old computer, had games by Rare or AGC(their old name).

I dont like Sony, the Playstation is good, but i think it is because they have the developers there, Nintendo lost a lot of resouces, they still have good games they developed, but without Rare and Squaresoft (Square-Enix) they are almost naked.