What's new

GameCube emu loading Freeloader!

M

mainframe19

i thought that an emu was to acked like the system you are emulateing.

Remote

Yes, in the end I guess that's what they are aiming for but afaik there isn't that many, if any, emulators that are 100%. Atleast not for consoles and video game systems, smaller chips could very well be emulated accurately to 100%, there's probaly a whole slew of those in MAME. I don't even think the GB is emulated to 100%. They may be very close but 100% is very hard to reach, especially when talking to next generation consoles. Emulation takes time and in a couple of years we will hopefully see the fruits of many years of hard labour.

evlcookie

the freeloader does contain information of a real game, nhl ( or nfl ) one of those is in the header of the iso for freeloader. which would suggest it uses nhl/nfl as its booter so technically it is a real game (maybe) depends how u classify it.
it would be interesting to see if he/she can get the zelda cheat iso working, id love to see a pic of that, then it may convince the dude who believe's the emu is just crap, or even if it was available for download ;).

has the person revealed what specs he is running it on ? or does anyone know?

cajuncook

The Cook
Actually, that's a really good question. I don't think (at this point) that specs are going to make that much of a difference, though.

katon

What's the deal with cornnuts?
mystery authors... i think this has become another one of those sitcoms on the fox channel...
like "emulation secrets revealed!" or "joe millionare"
:bunny:

gamecube emulator found!

:party: there is a reason why i said i found a WORKING gamecube emulator! the thing is.... u need a freekin dvd rom drive to make the games run on it! i know i know sux dont it? but thats the price u pay for having such gr8 game technology! well ne way if u want it u can send me a pm on yahoo! my s/n is : b3nj4m1n1254! if u want it u can come and get it! ill be w8ing! :drool: see yah on my pms! l8er peoples!

ps here r some pix to get u droolin over!
einsnullmain.jpg

einsnullts2.jpg

img1.jpg

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I enjoy the lil proven movie thing. Something like that just wouldn't popup with no one noticing.

alexa999

Banned
2fast4u said:
bullshit, and bullshit done by lame countrymen of mine too :puke:

But, theres a message board and its actully up for download. :plain:

Edit: Since there are GC ISOs someone with one should try using it. :plain: I mean, why would someone spend all this time creating this whole program when they knew that it wouldn't work? :blink:

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Yeah but I could make a message board easily, then cobble together any old EXE and allow people to download it :) As could many other people, bottom line it is fake, and not even believable fake at that.

Edit

Edit: Since there are GC ISOs someone with one should try using it. I mean, why would someone spend all this time creating this whole program when they knew that it wouldn't work?

They make it simply because they get a kick out of seeing so many people fall for it!

2fast4u

alexa999 said:
I mean, why would someone spend all this time creating this whole program when they knew that it wouldn't work? :blink:

fame, fortune and glory for 5 minutes. then flames and beatings. hell, i still dont know what motivates jerks who create fakes.

evlcookie

wow u actually got gc disc working in a normal pc drive?! thats amazing u absolute idiot!
if this was 'true' games would have been dumped the day it was released, gamecube games do not work in dvd drives ( there could be 1 or 2 that "may" work so ive heard) but your just another lamer looking to be famous for 5 more minutes.
im sure, probably all the people in here own dvd drives for the pc. stop the stupidity please, but there is always one in the crowd i guess.

whoever is making the 'real' emu keep us posted as to what your doing if u happen to watch this, its awefully interesting. if thats a possibility for you. keep up the good work.

alexa999

Banned
2fast4u said:
fame, fortune and glory for 5 minutes. then flames and beatings. hell, i still dont know what motivates jerks who create fakes.
Ohhh!!! :p

P.S. I like your new avatar. :)

OrionBlastar

GameCube emulators

A company that tried to make PPC emulation was ARDI at http://www.ardi.com/ they have a 68K Mac emulator that needs no ROM or Mac software to run 68K Mac apps. I think they tried to make some PPC emulation, not sure what happened to it.

There is someone who at least has source code for a Gamecube emulator at:
http://benjamin.francois.free.fr/artwork/gcubix/

I have not tried it, as I don't have Gamecube ISO images, or any way to make them. The emulator is for Unix, I assume someone can port it to Windows, OSX, etc. He has a screenshots page, but it looks to me like someone went a little crazy with Gimp or Photoshop and has a C64, Apple //, etc running the emulator. So this makes me think that they might not have any credibility, esp the running of the emulator on an EINIAC. Judge for yourself. At least this gCubix project released source code. This Anonymous author, hasn't even released anything but screenshots and promises.

evlcookie

if u had read the bottom of the page above the "moron" picture u would find out its a hoax anyway.. try reading :)

M

mainframe19

Trek234 said:
There is also a PPC emulator from a company called Microcode Solutions. However, they went under before they released it.

FYI - Microcode Solutions designed the Fusion emulator.

so where can next gen emu makers find the source code for this PPC emulator???

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
Nah those source codes aren't needed for the developers.
There is an open source PPC interpreter by MicroLABS or something
but the PPC emulation isn't the problem as you will see very soon
since GC emulators are in development (I know about 3, not sure
if there are any more).

M

mainframe19

i just want to download the source code for a ppc interpreter, just to see how the they emulated a cpu with ppc! so far we only have afew pictures of a gc emu running some demo they made runnig on agc.

and what are the 3 gc emulatores, you know of?

i want check them out!! to if they are real or not.

Last edited: