What's new

feedback for v1.5 final release

ASk

Dark Lord Of Sith
This makes me wanting to get a new PC. Sadly a 733Mhz Coppermine is not enough for smooth emulation nowadays :(

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well my athlon 950 runs fine, cant see why ur 733 lags behind that much. granted some slowdown will be experience. but most games run the full whack. if not i just use 1964 (as i always will :D, as ive never got slowdown on it). however, smiff talked about some new speed options or sumthing, that would probably involve me reading the manual at some point today to figure out.
ive noticed theres a speedier framebuffer as well.

Fire

Very good guys. This is the best N64 Emulator ever. So fast and so compatible. It is wonderful. I thank you guys. I am still learning C++, so I know how difficult it is.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I don't know why but I am not suprised just highly greatful and in awe of the achievement!!!! But smiff hinted it would be good and Azimer said that Banjo would be compatible

LD.

*poke*
Very nice work, kudos to all involved!

Jabo's new plugin is insanely fast now, even on my substandard SiS card :D The sound is pretty much perfect, and everything seems a LOT more stable.

*runs off to play some more*

DarkKnight38

The original
ASk said:
This makes me wanting to get a new PC. Sadly a 733Mhz Coppermine is not enough for smooth emulation nowadays :(
N64 emulation is *one* of the reasons why i'm spending $250 for a geforce 4!!

archlyn

As with everyone here I am utterly shocked at just how GOOD PJ64 is now. I first got PJ64 1.2 with my ancient V3 and haven't gone back since. This is pure perfection.

.... but..err nothing I've seen indicates that this will be indeed Pj64's big finale, where does it say that?

crhylove

Banned
the new pj...

i cannot believe how good 1.5 is. it's like you were having good sex all along, and now you've discovered "the orgasm".

friggin awesome dudes.

oh yeah, and sk8, ANY athlon will run circles around coppermines.

honestly in my experience any athlon at all runs circles around an even remotely comparable price/mhz pentium derivative. i don't know why anyone buys intel anymore, but hey, it's nice to have the competition between them, eh?

i'm still completely in shock over 1.5. i'll post more maybe when i realize what's really going on. like when i wake up and this is all a dream.

rhy

/edit oh yeah, gauntlet legends still flickers and has audio probs, but it is playable now. good job!

Last edited:

Olger901

Banned
I LOOOOVE the new version of PJ64 it's really gr8 als the problem in Pokemon Stadium with the menu's and the flashing screen in Perfect Dark have been fixed I noticed. Also Killer Instinct Gold works fine now :) I hardly can't wait until the next release of PJ64 comes out.

cold1

zelda master!
thanks!

cooliscool said:
hmm... didn't know that it was your b-day. anyway, happy birthday cold1! :)

now is that so hard being a nice guy once in a great while!:colgate: any way back to pj641.5! i am shocked how fast it is!and how goooood
the sound is with jabo's latest sound plugin! but still dr.mario64 is not playable, cause the screen is all messed up!!! any how it still rocks big time!!thanks to all who helped out with pj641.5!!! :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: oh joy!!!!!!!!

DarkKnight38

The original
archlyn said:
As with everyone here I am utterly shocked at just how GOOD PJ64 is now. I first got PJ64 1.2 with my ancient V3 and haven't gone back since. This is pure perfection.

.... but..err nothing I've seen indicates that this will be indeed Pj64's big finale, where does it say that?

www.pj64.net

at this time some of us will be taking a break and there are no plans for another release

Dunno if that meant during the break or what... I hope it doesn't completely die. If it does, hopefully someone else will pick it up again.

cold1

zelda master!
of course it's not there big pj64's finale! if it was they would have put the source code for pj641.5 up at pj64's homepage to!!

Stezo2k

S-2K
totally off topic, but Dark knight did ya use direct connect cuz there was a dude on it called darkkinght who had 56k

Stez