What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

The Dave

Amon_Knives said:
Hey, Dave, u think u could PM me the dump for the stairs. I have made a great texture for it, i just need the dump. Then i can send it back to u and then u can add it to ur stuff. Good work man, definately an improvement to the original.

Here's two textures that deal with steps. One is the one I've edited, and as you can tell anything that isn't the stone wall I haven't done yet. The other texture is the actual step.

V-King

Just a dude
cooliscool said:
Great textures.. *COUGH* !

A cookie goes to whoever can spot the anomoly.
How did you do that?
I mean...I know, that there is (or better was) an Ocarina Pedestal in front of Lord Jabu-Jabu.
But how did you manage to find it in front of the Forest Temple?
Did you place it there by yourself (e.g via a GameShark-Code or something) or...HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS? o___O

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Hey Dave, here is my steps. I'm not sure if it works though, try it out, and if it doesnt work, try making it less than 32 bit.

BTW, I've finished the beta 10 ganon's castle, now i just need to finish getting my other textures (i.e. Death Mountain Trail) ready for beta 10. Hopefully rice wont go changing it again, or i will kill him...lol. Keep it up guys.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
V-King said:
How did you do that?
I mean...I know, that there is (or better was) an Ocarina Pedestal in front of Lord Jabu-Jabu.
But how did you manage to find it in front of the Forest Temple?
Did you place it there by yourself (e.g via a GameShark-Code or something) or...HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS? o___O

Apperently, the Ocarina Pedestal was once the warp pads that we have now.. using some nice code hacking in Nemu's memory editor, and some trickery, I and some other friends in the Zelda Beta Coalition managed to get the Ocarina Pedestal to show up wherever a warp pad would.. among many other strange things (check my posts here)..

talker

WoW!
This texture replaceing have gone really good!
amazing!
I can't wait to play Zelda OOT whit all this new textures!
Only one problem b/sides my english, and that is my computer is givi'n me slowdowns when i'm useing these textures!
I think it's becuz' of my sucky Intel Celeron 2,4 Ghz UPC..
Well..

Keep it up guy and girl!

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
hey, everyone. I've really been intrigued and impressed by all of these updates, but they're too confusing for me. I know you prolly won't do it, but is a SINGLE zip or rar gonna be released that I can use? It's really hard going through all of these pages. Some textures I can't even figure out how to use...

Zeytok

here, my last little work :)

talker : make sure you have set "Texture Enhancement" on "N64 original texture"

Last edited:

Kiggles

Talker, it likely isn't your CPU, but your graphics 'card'. You're using onboard video, which means the video memory is shared with the system memory. Hi-res textures require more video memory, and a higher fillrate. I wouldn't recommend more system memory, but a better video card, if you are really experiencing low performance. Zelda is capped at 20FPS, however, so if the game runs at all, you are better off tweaking the video options to squeeze what you can out of the on-board video.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Zeytok the Sol note could be better, but the lines for the Ocarina Play is good, but try making it so that the corners of the black background are smoother, as in, make the angle for the turn a bit bigger, like in the Original texture.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Amon the texture is good indeed, but as it is mirrored, you can't have that kind of detail as you added in the right side of it, otherwise when mirrored it looks stupid. Try fixing that.

optimus$prime

stairs looking good, but borders on the left look unrealistic
try to make it more 3dimensional

something like that (needs more shadow):

Last edited:

Zeytok

Federelli said:
Zeytok the Sol note could be better, but the lines for the Ocarina Play is good, but try making it so that the corners of the black background are smoother, as in, make the angle for the turn a bit bigger, like in the Original texture.
corners fixed :)
but i didn't upload the good sol note, sorry :paperbag:

Last edited:
OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
ROFL, i meant the exact opposite on the corners, as in make them rounder, like more (, more curvey.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
try this...(still a little unsure about what Fed is talking about, but at least now it doesn't look like a monotonous texture over and over again. I like what optimus did) The only reason I am putting effort into the stairs is because when i was younger playing this game on my n64, my sister would keep saying the stairs look more like ramps...so I guess I'm trying to make the look like stairs now. Just a random story I thought i would share...lol

Last edited:

Zeytok

fed, you said :
Federelli said:
like in the Original texture.
and the original have only 1 pixel in the corner, then i made small corner... You really prefer bigger corner ?

Last edited:

Zeytok

the heart's fragment container (2 versions) :

which do you prefer ?
- the one look more like container...
- the extremly faithfull

Last edited:

Kiggles

The right heart container is easier to identify. Little too much gloss on the left. I assume the item will be glossy on it's own via alphas.

BTW, has anyone figure out how to manipulate items like these? I was under the impression that modles/textures that link holds up are uneditable. This is a big element that effected Djipi's WW mod when considering the Hylian shield. Making the texture too unsimilar would make things bizzarre when Link first picks up the hylian shield, but ends up with something completely different strapped to his back.

Zeytok

yeah, the left heart look less like 3d model...
but I assume the orignal texture no have alpha (I decompose to see the alpha channel)