What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

iriedaily

Compare this texture-pack to the Celda mod. The Celda mod looks much more like Zelda (mostly bcos the textures were ripped from another Zelda).
It must be hard work making these textures on your own, or getting a good template to work on - but _imho_ it doesn`t look that much Zelda as it used to be.

Further on.. let`s take Dijpjis textures for Kokiri. Kokiri is all about the forest, trees, grass.. almost anything in Kokiris is based on wood. But the screenshots show way too much stone, that`s not Kokiri!

Hopefully now you can understand what I`m trying to explain.

wessleym

Hey, how about a release to celebrate the upcoming 2,000th post?

Edit: By the way, iriedaily, what stone? It still looks like a bunch of wood to me. To which post number and image are you referring?

Also, Djipi, did you retexture the dirt right behind Link in the cemetery screenshot? It looks fuzzy in the image. Maybe I just don't remember how fuzzy it used to be.

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Wow, it's been a long time. Good to see Djipi has beeen working hard, you do some great work, I've spread the word of your Cel pack to every forum I'm a part of over the past couple of months. Well, I guess since I'm finally posting again I'll try to get back to work. Good news for this pack, eh? I'll try to help revive this project, so expect more work from me in the coming week or so. Since I stopped in the middle of Ganon's tower, I guess I'll start there. Anyways...good to be back...

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Kas12 that back of the shield texture is one of the best things i've seen in a long time.

Do you think you can give it a couple of other tries with different wood textures and borders perhaps?

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Ok. I need help here. For some reason, the thing won't let me edit Link's gauntlets (the normal ones, not silver or gold). I've tried adding a transparent layer, but even thats not working...

anyways, if someone could help me figure it out, I've got great textures to put on it...and since I'm writing, I might as well show you guys a small sample of some things that took my five minutes to do...haha...very small and un noticeable things, but here... triforce symbol on the master sword and new wood for the torches...whcih I still don't like and may change again...

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
What happened to Federrili? Does he still visit or contribute to his pack? He was the one who started this magnificent project after all...

Crixler

The Chiss Mandalorian
Amon_Knives said:
Ok. I need help here. For some reason, the thing won't let me edit Link's gauntlets (the normal ones, not silver or gold). I've tried adding a transparent layer, but even thats not working...

anyways, if someone could help me figure it out, I've got great textures to put on it...and since I'm writing, I might as well show you guys a small sample of some things that took my five minutes to do...haha...very small and un noticeable things, but here... triforce symbol on the master sword and new wood for the torches...whcih I still don't like and may change again...

it's really cool, but the trifoce isn't supposed to be there. that is just gold, the triforce appears on the blade
mastersword.jpg

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Crixler said:
it's really cool, but the trifoce isn't supposed to be there. that is just gold, the triforce appears on the blade
mastersword.jpg

Thanks, guess I missed that, I'll fix that. Right now I'm trying to retexture the medallion rooms (as long as it doesn't also belong in another temple, I'll let someone else do those), then I'll head for Ganon, continuing what i had started a few months ago.

I know this has probably been said a million times since I've been gone, but Fed, any word from KMan?

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Ok, more updates...man, no one responds in this thread anymore. nyway, I've given up on the gauntlets and the torches look like crap in my opinion. I'll just work on other stuff. So here's a few pics of my progress in the medallion rooms...

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Yay, Amon_Knives is back! I remember you used to make some good stuff a long time ago before everyone stopped working on this. I'm really glad to see you back, man. It seems like people are starting to work on this project again, ever since I posted those textures for the select item screen a while ago. Hopefully some people who were working on it when it first started will come back too. I don't think KMan's even interested in this project anymore, which I could be wrong about, but that sucks if it's true. Well, good luck with your textures, so far everything's looking good. BTW, in the first picture you just posted, did you make those master sword and small key icons, because they weren't in the newest pack or any posts I’ve ever seen.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
legend of zelda said:
Yay, Amon_Knives is back! I remember you used to make some good stuff a long time ago before everyone stopped working on this. I'm really glad to see you back, man. It seems like people are starting to work on this project again, ever since I posted those textures for the select item screen a while ago. Hopefully some people who were working on it when it first started will come back too. I don't think KMan's even interested in this project anymore, which I could be wrong about, but that sucks if it's true. Well, good luck with your textures, so far everything's looking good. BTW, in the first picture you just posted, did you make those master sword and small key icons, because they weren't in the newest pack or any posts I’ve ever seen.

Thanks. Yes I did make the master sword and key, but they're only temporary until someone else makes a better one, I'm not very good at subscreen items. I'll be back here later tommorrow with more progress...

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Great work on the eyes Djipi, but nothing really looks new on the hyrule field pic. I noticed you redid the back of Link's shield (the wooden part), could you send me that texture through a PM, thanks.

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
Amon_Knives said:
Thanks. Yes I did make the master sword and key, but they're only temporary until someone else makes a better one, I'm not very good at subscreen items. I'll be back here later tommorrow with more progress...

I think that master sword looks perfectly fine. But as for the key, the colors are off a bit. It's a bluish kinda color when it should be silver. Can you send me those two textures in a pm? I could fix the key for you and try to make a better master sword. thanks.

Djipi said:
Those eyes are really good, djipi. They look just like the original, too. It's good to have you on this project now, along with Amon_Knives.

zeldafan970

those pupils look great djipi, but are you going to make the actual eye shaped more like it is in all of the game art and stuff? Or just leave it?

Amon_Knives

Film Student
OMG! I had planned on posting three picures in my last post where i had pictures, but I only put two...oh well, here's the third....

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Oh, and legend_of_zelda, here's the two textures as well...the master sword one looks kinda embarrassing...like some little kid drew it...lol