What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

Toasty

Sony battery
It frequently crashes when starting/stopping games for me as well, and I'm running x86 XP, so no, it's not just you. :)

gogetas

Hello, when I try to start TOS italian version the emu shows me this error "Your GMC/ISO file seems to be invalid (invalid country)". Till rev 130 about the game starts after this error, but now the game doesnt start.

Xtreme2damax

I got revision 327 up, link is in my signature as before. I haven't really noticed anything new/fixed with this revision, perhaps you may be able to find something.

cryozo

OpenGl can now be streched to fit your screen, that's about all I noticed.
In the gfx_opengl.ini file set "StretchToFit = False" to True.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

It can? I still get distorted graphics whenever maximizing the window while using the opengl plugin, and full screen still isn't working properly.

DjPong

Using rev 388 and sadly enough my fps are decreasing instead of increasing :( I got like 5 fps total now and it used to be like 14.

Any reason for this? They added new stuff to jit? Or did they do something with the D3D? Checked the code page on google but couldn't find any related info about my question.

EDIT:
Zelda TP can't reach menu anymore when dual core is enabled. This one used to work with d3d plugin.

Save state gives the following error when loading maybe it can be usefull for the coders Link to image

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Revision 426 x86 and x64 have been up for a few hours, I just forgot to report it when I uploaded it.

Can't really find anything that has changed visually, most work seems to be on save states among other little fixes.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Revision 426 x86 and x64 have been up for a few hours, I just forgot to report it when I uploaded it.

Can't really find anything that has changed visually, most work seems to be on save states among other little fixes.

Can't wait for the Ogl plugin to see a few updates. For me at least it seems the fastest plugin and the best quality. If that render to screen issue was fixed it would be awesome :)

Xtreme2damax

Can't wait for the Ogl plugin to see a few updates. For me at least it seems the fastest plugin and the best quality. If that render to screen issue was fixed it would be awesome :)

Once Resident Evil 4 is rendered ingame correctly, the missing characters issue in Remake are fixed and Resident Evil Zero works, I'll be a happy camper.

I already know there is a PC version of Resident Evil 4, which I own and is god awful. It looks and plays terrible when compared to the Gamecube version and runs like a dog with two missing legs. Even the texture and video improvement mods for the PC version doesn't really bring it up to Gamecube quality, there is still some noticeable things that give it away.

Although I could play it on my Gamecube, the idea of playing in Dolphin was for portability when an if I got a decent laptop.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I already know there is a PC version of Resident Evil 4

Lol. I didn't even know that. Just shows how out of touch I am with games at the moment.

Does the latest revision seem slower still to anyone else? With the dx9 plugin at least. The Ogl plugin is the way to go i think. It seems to have far less texture problems than the dx9 one.

From what I have tested at least.

Federelli

Beta Tester
On my PC dx9 is twice as fast and the ogl one, also the ogl one has missing polygons all over the place in many games like Wind Waker.

Also, Resident Evil 4 for pc, looks much much better than the GC version, u just have to patch the game to the latest version. The only downside is the prerendered cinematics, reminiscent of it being a port of the PS2 version and not the GC version.

Xtreme2damax

No it doesn't I have the patched USA version, along with Albert's texture mod and enhanced cut scenes by Sp00kyf0x and there is still quite some noticeable differences in not only graphics, but shaders and how things are rendered as well. also the enhanced cutscenes aren't as crisp as the ingame cutscenes of the Gamecube version.

Yes it does make it look quite a bit better, but still far from Gamecube quality.

It won't be noticeable for someone who has just played the PS2 version, then played the PC version, but you can tell by playing through the Gamecube version and then playing through the PC version as well.

Leon also has a much lower polygon count than the Gamecube version among god knows what else. It was a straight poorly done port from PS2, that not only looked like butt, but ran like it too.

brubo

Also, Resident Evil 4 for pc, looks much much better than the GC version, u just have to patch the game to the latest version. The only downside is the prerendered cinematics, reminiscent of it being a port of the PS2 version and not the GC version.

True, and with unofficial texture packs like this one, the pc version looks even better. They are also working on enabling realtime cutscenes in the pc version.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
On my PC dx9 is twice as fast and the ogl one, also the ogl one has missing polygons all over the place in many games like Wind Waker.

The OpenGL plugin only works well with nVidia GPUs.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Takes a keen eye to know what looks good and what doesn't :p.

Apparently, Ati's ogl drivers remain as buggy as ever, so no luck for us with said plugin.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
How come? And does that mean us ATI owners lose out? Or does DX9 work better with ATI cards?

DX9 works equally well on nVidia and ATi cards, though the OGL plugin doesn't work well on ATi cards. That alone (unless it's fixed soon) will keep me with nVidia in the future. :p

Last edited:
There is no reason the DX9 plugin cannot be fixed to run as good as the OGL plugin does. It is true, ATI sucks at OGL, but we do not need OGL, Ector wrote the DX9 plugin to start with and there is no reason he cannot make it as good as the OGL plugin is, only he just does not want to.

So, in short, yes, ATI users are very screwed.

Xtreme2damax

Revision 438 x86 and x64 are up, link is in my signature as usual.

I am also building a compatibility list for the Revisions, and am looking for reports on what works and what doesn't as well as details/errors certain games give. I will open a new thread for that however.