What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

Than924

I'm running Dolphin X64 Rev 438.
When I boot it up it gives me a few errors...

Failed to load plugin Plugins\plugin_Padsimple.dll - unknown error
Failed to load plugin Plugins\plugin_VideoDX9.dll - unknown error

I'm running WindowsXP X64, ATIX64 3800+, 3GB Mem, DX9C, Radeon X1950Pro Video.

Is there something I should be doing differently?

I just decompressed the files to a directory, with the directory structure intact.. The plugin's folder is there with the correct files in it.

Thanks for any help...

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
As I remember, PadSimple was never compiled for x64 (right?).
As to VideoDX9, use the OpenGL plugin, it's better anyway.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I'm running Dolphin X64 Rev 438.
When I boot it up it gives me a few errors...

Failed to load plugin Plugins\plugin_Padsimple.dll - unknown error
Failed to load plugin Plugins\plugin_VideoDX9.dll - unknown error

I'm running WindowsXP X64, ATIX64 3800+, 3GB Mem, DX9C, Radeon X1950Pro Video.

Is there something I should be doing differently?

I just decompressed the files to a directory, with the directory structure intact.. The plugin's folder is there with the correct files in it.

Thanks for any help...

You need to update your directx.

Olly

(Y)
So, in short, yes, ATI users are very screwed.
Aw, you're kidding, does this mean we'll most likely not see much performance gain for us ATI users?

Also, surely that's like screwing nearly half of all PC users? Hopefully he realises he needs to update both DX9 and OGL plugins to please everyone.

brubo

Actually I remember Ector stating quite a while ago that he might port some of the advanced features from the OpenGL plugin to the DirectX plugin.

The reason why this hasn't happened yet is probably because it's a low priority now that Dolphin has gone multiplatform. Because OpenGL works on all platforms and DirectX is windows only, it makes sense that the development team favors OpenGL.

cerebus5

they are focusing very strongly on opengl right now because it's open, so portable to Mac and Linux. Yes that does mean ATI users get the shaft, but that's how the cookie rolls etc etc. Their attitude is that ATI must sort out their interfaces with Opengl, it's not their problem.

Xtreme2damax

Yeah I've been a bit more bitter lately and jumpy than usual, stress, anxiety and college.

I even got yelled at over at emuforums, still no warnings or infractions so I'm all good. :p

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
Xtreme2damax, you seem to get much shit over at emuforums.

Just wanted to let you know, not everyone's out to get you.

I appreciate the SVN builds; I'm just too damned tired to get involved in all the drama at emuforums.

Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax, you seem to get much shit over at emuforums.

Just wanted to let you know, not everyone's out to get you.

I appreciate the SVN builds; I'm just too damned tired to get involved in all the drama at emuforums.

Everyone does, it's nothing new over there especially if you are a newbie/n00b. I haven't had much of an issue until lately over there, mostly because I've been very anxious with college, fear I will fail studies so in turn I've been a bit more irritable/impatient.

I happened to have an opinion about the development of Dolphin which wasn't taken too kindly, just because it wasn't something they wanted to hear.

Anyway, lets not derail this thread. I think enough has been said and I don't want to cause any trouble or any conflicts with anyone. It's no big deal and I might as well put it behind me, be patient and await any decent improvements that might come.

I will continue to provide builds, however I won't be compiling and uploading much unless there has been a significant improvement or something fixed in a newer revision. Compiling when there has only been a minor fix or two that doesn't affect gameplay or anything ingame is a waste of time and resources.

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
Yeah I saw, and totally agree with your recommendations.

I gave up trying out SVN releases since the only game I have to test, Skies of Arcadia Legends, has pretty much performed the exact same since ~r40.

I too wish more work would be done on the DX9, OGL, and DSP plugins. I could care less about linux and Mac porting (no offense to you linux and mac users out there, but let's face it, you didn't switch from Windows so you could emulate Dolphin ;) )

I'm starting my first year of college as well, so I can empathize. I just didn't want you to be under the impression that your efforts and thoughts are unappreciated. I actually agree with most of your posts (I lurk often), it's simply me backing you up on the internet would just be wasted effort. No gives a shit, really. Everyone's looking out for their own ass/beliefs.

Anyway, long story short, thanks again for compiling :bouncy:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
mac users out there
LOL, that's a good one.

Anywho, Xtreme2damax, everyone here loves ya. I thought a while ago when I joined these forums that they were pretty harsh, people seem to have lightened up considerably since then (this wasn't very long ago). As to failing your studies, calm down. It's actually pretty hard to go below 60% in a class if you just do your work, even if it is half-assed.

I always get Xtreme2damax's SVN updates these days, I used to get NYLEVIA's but he got way out of date, and Daco's builds just give me a sense of forboding, lol.

Right, sorry. [/derail]

Last edited:

cerebus5

I'm just sort of hoping that when this burst of porting creativity is past they'll get back to the down and dirty of making my Zelda run better!!!

pinponero

i have latest official and unofficial versions of dolphin: doplhin svn Dolphin R126 x86.rar // Dolphin_x86_svn_r50.7z //Dolphin R83 x86.rar and Dolphinx86SVNRevision476.rar and Dolphinx86SVNRevision490.rar and the sound file totaldb.dsy into gamecube/data but i tried and never sound in zelda wind waker .why???,help me please