What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

junior600

runs slow

Hallo!!:( the dolphin,with my specs runs very slow.Zelda wind waker run at 17-18 fps:( can i play with 25 fps? i activacted dual core and speed
my specs:
amd athlon 64 x2 5000+
geforce 8400 gs
1 gb ram
If i put geforce 6100,the dolphin is running faster?:bouncy:

sl1nk3

What version of Dolphin are you using ?
And what is your OS ?

btw, remember this is an emulator, emulating a gamecube is hard and needs a lot of power to run at good speed.

cryozo

I saw some screenshots of some guy playing Metroid Prime 2 Echoes on Dolphin, but I just can't understand, why don't the game work for me, I use the latest SVN, but the game is closed after this message pop's-up: "The game wants to reset itself" or something...

DjPong

i used windows xp x86.Yesterday,i haved a x64 and the fps are low.
I used the svn 223
Plugins can mean a huge difference on FPS. Try using the D3d9 plugin instead of the OGL 0.1. (or visa versa ;) ) I have alot more frames with the d3d one then with the OGL (almost 10 FPS difference!)

Plugins can mean a huge difference on FPS. Try using the D3d9 plugin instead of the OGL 0.1. (or visa versa ;) ) I have alot more frames with the d3d one then with the OGL (almost 10 FPS difference!)

Nvidia video card users need to use the OGL plugin or the DX9 plugin, ATI users need to use the DX9 plugin.

ATI drivers blow and cannot use OGL well.

sl1nk3

It's not really a driver issue.

Dolphin is using Nvidia's OGL runtime library, it seems pretty obvious that it's not really made for nor optimized for ATI Graphic cards.

Last edited:

Ninjaro

if you do nothing, stop crying people, you don´t help with that :flowers:

sorry my bad english.

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I understood you perfectly:bouncy: And i agree. People need to stop bitching! Look at how far we are, people! FULLY playable games, sound, proper controller support... You guys have NOTHING to complain about!

if you do nothing, stop crying people, you don´t help with that :flowers:

sorry my bad english.

I do not think anyone is crying on this page, but I do think we are talking about many different things that are right and wrong with the emulator.

As far as your english, I wouldn't worry about that as much as your horrible posts and not understand the situation.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Honestly people, STOP saying "sorry for my bad english" because you type a lot better than most native english speakers.

NepSquare

I'm getting more "panics" with WW with the latest builds, or is this because of the first (lava) dungeon??

Either way, it has never been so fast, with both OGL and Dx9 I have to turn Dual Core and Throttle off...

'N

Xtreme2damax

I'm getting more "panics" with WW with the latest builds, or is this because of the first (lava) dungeon??

Either way, it has never been so fast, with both OGL and Dx9 I have to turn Dual Core and Throttle off...

'N

Weird, that doesn't happen with me or anyone else playing Windwaker. The latest revision is 254, but I only have revision 253 posted in my signature as the update isn't very important to warrant compiling revision 254 and uploading it.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Weird, that doesn't happen with me or anyone else playing Windwaker. The latest revision is 254, but I only have revision 253 posted in my signature as the update isn't very important to warrant compiling revision 254 and uploading it.

Thanks for all the compiles so far :)

I really need to set up a windows dev environment......, i only have cygwin + psp stuff (ie psp compiler) set up right now :p

Great to see Dolphin making so much progress :)

Xtreme2damax

Your welcome, I've had revision 258 up for a while. I will probably compile revision 265 later tonight which will be my last compile until tomorrow.

I am also compiling/making a Dolphin compatibility list which is located in a link in my signature.

I thought I would add Paper Mario Thousand Year Door has sound and music with the latest revisions and the DSP_HLE plugin.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Just wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem.

Every time I want to stop a game I press stop, x the window whichever. Vista always complains the program has stopped working and I have to close the program and start dolphin again...

Im using Vista x86 with dolphin rev258.

Please no comments on how vista sucks or whatever, I just got a new laptop and it was on it so bleh. Don't have time to be installing/changing operating systems so I am happy enough..

Just wondering if I am the only one with this issue so I can determine if the issue is on my end or universal :)

Specs (not that it should matter) :

intel core 2 duo p7350 2ghz , 1045mhz fsb, 3mb l2 cache, 3gb of ddr2 ram, nvidia geforce 9600m 512mb ddr3, 250gb harddrive, 15.4" screen, virtual surround sound (amazing :-O), full hd 1080p video playback, dvd/cd rw :D

I get great speeds out of dolphin which is nice :)

Last edited: