What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

Xtreme2damax

I just compiled and uploaded revision 1097. I haven't compiled anything in a while because I just converted my board software to IPB 2.3.6 and have been busy configuring everything and adding modifications.

I have also been quite busy with playing games on my new PC I built with a Core2Duo E8500, Geforce 9800GT and 3GB of ram with a 500 GB hard drive.

I've been enjoying Windwaker at 30 - 45 FPS, Resident Evil 4 at 20 - 30 FPS, Mario Sunshine at 20 - 30 FPS, also I've been playing some games via PCSX2 as well.

Screen shots to come soon after I get my new PC hooked up to an internet connection. :)

cerebus5

Nice specs. I'm on the warpath to upgrade my PC at a chop cop budget. Doing pretty well so far if I do say so myself. But I get those framerates on SMS and WW on the latest revisions with just my normal PC already. Especially since SMS now works with dual core.

Last edited:

DjPong

Revision 1117:

Trying to see intro of Zelda the Windwaker, Lots of things are missing, island, trees houses, boats etc. I guess you guys know that one already due the fact if i turn that "hack" option on in OGL everything is there again.

Anyways, im an ATI user and noticed that the OGL plugin works like a charm now. Great job on that one! But still one thing i want to ask.

When I see the intro of the game stated above, my framerate drops with high ammount from 20 to 5. Is it due alot of things arent emulated that well or is it because my videocard? (Ati radeon X1950)

It's because there IS a lot going on on-screen and also because your processor is not fast enough to keep the fps steady on that intensive scene of the whole island being displayed at once. Once the camera does not have to load so much info as in just the Zelda name and the ship on-screen, your processor can handle that amount of info on-screen without dropping fps.

omegadox

Well the "Disable copy EFB to texture" makes dolphin not to copy the EFB to a texture. The code that is used to do that can slow down the emulation. If you use it in ZTP, you will get a FPS boost but loose the bloom effect. No doubt that the bloom effect uses some CPU power to calculate the whitest parts of the EFB and then blur it and also some convolution filter might be applied . After that, it is rendered over the source framebuffer. Also the 4:3 ration messes up that overlaying texture and resizing the main window (if you use render to main option) too.

omegadox

Yeah, removing the bloom might help

I am playing ZWW with cheats, funny I can change the items in their slots, using the memory window in the debug mode. Mega Jump with R button doesn't work unless I go to the items screen, it keeps jumping until I back to the game. So link will be high as the skybox boundaries. I see the fill and slide type code ($Very Fast on Ladders) does not work anymore, and I am not what broke it. I have to debug that, it used to work.

Last edited:

bgn

Please ignore 1117 - it REMOVES support for Super Smash Bros. Melee! (Movies crash the emulator, sending an error report to Microsoft)

diablow

Just noticed, that OGL graphics plugin has major issues under 64bit Vista. Tested on Wii Sports on Rev 1185. Anyone else had experienced anything like it?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Did anyone else get a broken memcard within the past couple weeks' worth of revisions? Only my SSBM doesn't like my card anymore, and I had unlocked almost everything.

EDIT: Well, not just SSBM, every game. They probably messed with the format again.

Last edited: