What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

cerebus5

I've been having endless headaches with the constantly revised saving system to be honest. I can't convert my WW save game over to the new format and the savestates are also not compatible from like 803 onwards. And the savestates become corrupted very easily, I've just lost a few hours worth of progress in TP.

DjPong

I've been having endless headaches with the constantly revised saving system to be honest. I can't convert my WW save game over to the new format and the savestates are also not compatible from like 803 onwards. And the savestates become corrupted very easily, I've just lost a few hours worth of progress in TP.
Be glad they are trying to improve things?

shuffle2

you should not depend on a savestate to be able to transfer to a new revision.

also, there are a lot of posts on how to add what is needed to your memcard on ngemu. all it takes is a hexeditor, dolphin, and 5 minutes.

cerebus5

Yes I did it successfully with my other games, Pikmin 2, TP and Mario Sunshine. But the Wind Waker save file just won't do it. I'll give it to you to look at if you want to. I spent a good 45 minutes trying to make it work today.

Nintendo Ace

Yes I did it successfully with my other games, Pikmin 2, TP and Mario Sunshine. But the Wind Waker save file just won't do it. I'll give it to you to look at if you want to. I spent a good 45 minutes trying to make it work today.
I too have this major difficulty with my Zelda WW saved game file as it just wont work no matter how much I try to convert it for compatibility with the newer revisions. I only keep getting the "Memory card A is corrupt" message every time it loads. :(

cerebus5

Now that would be fine if I could convert the savestate, I'd just keep on playing. But as it is I'm just sticking with R783 to play WW. Which isn't a big deal really tbh.

Xtreme2damax

Revision 900 x86 and x64 are up, I decided not to compile 901 and 902 because the DSP_LLE and Wiimote plugins aren't even usable yet...

:Edit: Revision 904 is now uploaded, most zero codes for action replay are now working in this revision.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I've compiled uploaded the x86 and x64 builds for revision 940, link is in my sig as usual.

This is a pretty big revision, graphics are now working properly in games such as Mario Kart: Double Dash, Flashlight in Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime graphics and possibly others.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I've compiled uploaded the x86 and x64 builds for revision 940, link is in my sig as usual.

This is a pretty big revision, graphics are now working properly in games such as Mario Kart: Double Dash, Flashlight in Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime graphics and possibly others.

Awesome :)

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Also, I don't know if this is due to me finally being able to switch from Vista To Xp on my laptop, or a result of the fixes to the graphics core.... but my fps have gone though the roof in this build!

Using :

Dual core, dynarec, idle skipping, (lock threads to core OFF).

Im getting 40fps in mario kart, testing others now :)

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Wow, you weren't kidding. FPS are even better than before. I'd be perfectly content with this emulator if only the sound worked, but that's another story. Oh, yes, and those stupid TLB memory errors.

EDIT: To hell with this, I'm caving and getting an account at ngemu. I'd have known more about this had I looked there first.

Last edited:

ector

Emulator Developer

Well, the state saves are going to keep breaking, but we hope that the regular saves will be fairly solid from here on out. No guarantees, though :)

And yeah, ngemu forums is the place to be for Dolphin. This place is just too dead.

cerebus5

Well, if anyone can fix my WW save game it would be fantastic though. I'm stuck with an older revision because I don't want to lose all my progress.

M@d-F!ghter

cooool doubledash finally works playable on version 940.
i still hope netplay will be implemented in close future =)

Last edited:

lightningfire

Graphics are now showing in Resident Evil 4, near perfect graphics with this fix. However it still crashes after the first Ganado encounter and hunnigan transmission.

I'll use a cheat to skip to the final battle and capture some shots.

See the screen shot thread at Ngemu for the captures of Resident Evil 4 (GCN):

http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/107877-dolphin-svn-shots-7.html

Resident evil 0 is still having the same corrupt/missing graphics which isrelated to incomplete emulation of the graphics subsystem .

any chance of this getting fixed ?

Xtreme2damax

Resident evil 0 is still having the same corrupt/missing graphics which isrelated to incomplete emulation of the graphics subsystem .

any chance of this getting fixed ?

Yeah the graphics in RE: Remake and Zero are due to something else, either a bug ir a missing feature.

Unfortunately no one knows when these will be fixed, not even me. I don't do anything other than provide pre-compiled builds and I am not a part of the development team.

Pretty much things could be fixed or broken at random. A fix could occur accidentally, such as back when they improved sound for homebrew it also made the movies in Mario Sunshine have sound/music as a bonus.

There is a team of skilled coders working extremely hard on this emulator, so I don't think it'll be too long before graphics and sound emulation improve now that all the simple things have been mostly taken care of.

Next comes fixes with crashes, compatibility, sound and graphics hopefully. :D