What's new

Dolphin Mario Kart Double Dash screenshots!

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
pmaster said:
:huh: ....what is going on here?

hahahaha...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

emulation rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start funding this guys!!!!

but we got to watch that they not become greedy and start doing for the cash because that is not the point of emulation''we just want to play our great games''

this mabye a breaktrough suggestion but because i cant fund it my self this will make someone else very rich.............

MAKE A GAMECUBE LOOK A LIKE FOR WINDOWS (USB)...IT WILL SELL LIKE CRASY

pMASTER

Jeez, you got this figured out don't you? You are already assuming they are greedy and they didn't even get a penny yet.

Funding for NON-Commercial Emulators is essential for research, but the way you explained it just makes it look bad to fund projects like this.

Hm, a GameCube Look alike for Windows (USB)? Sell anything with Nintendo Code = Court.

Period. :getlost:

2fast4u

urherernow said:
loads of screenies... couple of vids... still VAPORWARE. when I can download and test for myself, a GC emu that lets me play zelda and Metroid to the end with little to no bugs, then come wake me up. (yawn)

and 1 game working different than another is because of the HLE'd shit. it CAN'T be accurate and never will be. a low level emulation of the cpu, sound, and video hardware would play every game perfectly (although extremely slow). Different games using different abilities of the hardware is no excuse for crappy emulation. Sure MAME has bugs, but they are documented and constantly being worked on. For systems that don't have errors documented, the emulation is perfect no matter what game you try that was on that system. Now THAT's an emulator

theres still an easier solution: buy a godamn gamcube and stop bitching :yucky:

FiRES

Emulator Developer
urherernow said:
loads of screenies... couple of vids... still VAPORWARE. when I can download and test for myself, a GC emu that lets me play zelda and Metroid to the end with little to no bugs, then come wake me up. (yawn)

and 1 game working different than another is because of the HLE'd shit. it CAN'T be accurate and never will be. a low level emulation of the cpu, sound, and video hardware would play every game perfectly (although extremely slow). Different games using different abilities of the hardware is no excuse for crappy emulation. Sure MAME has bugs, but they are documented and constantly being worked on. For systems that don't have errors documented, the emulation is perfect no matter what game you try that was on that system. Now THAT's an emulator

bullshit.
do ya think LLE will work to 100 percent or fails all the time?
do ya think big N gives their hardware documentation to everyone on request?
do ya know WIP?
stop talking about shit that ya dont understand

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
urherernow said:

We really don't need people who don't like emulation 'cause it's not perfect on an emulation message board, I'dsay. Keep in mind:

1. It's free
2. If you don't like it, lets see you trey to make one as good.
3. Go buy a GameCube if you don't like emulation of it. Actually, since you were bitching about all emulation 'en general', just go buy A NES, a SNES, a buncha arcade games, a N64, a PSX, a Genesis, a DC, a XBOX, and a PS2 while you're at it. :getlost:

Now, great work author!!!!! Whoo-Hooo! :w00t:

bodie

urherernow said:

The argument about HLE against LLE doesn't hold water, simply because it becomes less of an issue the more complete the graphics dll and core becomes, and you don't see people complaining that the graphics on mario 64 looks a damn site better on their monitor than on a tv set with original hardware.. get a grip, the upside of HLE'd graphics far outweigh that of LLE in my honest opinion..
People like you are everything i despise about the emulation scene, some of us actually do buy the hardware and enjoy seeing a project start from scratch..
The thing that amuses me most, is that you probably will be amongst the first to download it... ooh! the irony
regards bodie
*back on topic* Fantastic progress, thanks for sharing it with us :)

Last edited:

jih2000

I hope the author(s) will be kind enough to give a little technical information about the WIP such as the machine they are running on (cpu/mem/graphics) and the sorts of speed they currently get with the development version, this would be very interesting!

Also a few small details such as the graphical hardware it currently requires (DX7-9 graphics card eg pixel shaders etc requires?) and does it currently have an interpreter core or dynarec and the fps achieved etc?

of course this will all change as it progresses through the development process, but it is quite interesting from a hardware perspective,

Anyway, congratualations, absolutely amazing work and thankyou for sharing the screens with us, I wish you a happy and prosperous 2004 :)

Marty

Remote

jih2k: look at the screenshots for fps, not sure but usaully a interpreter core is done first to get things running and then when compatibility is up a dynarec in made...

you can probaly expect it not to run anywhere nere playable at todays computers... ;)

Clements

Remote said:
you can probaly expect it not to run anywhere nere playable at todays computers... ;)

Even with a dynarec I'll bet!

I must say all the same, against all the odds this is the most impressive Next-gen emu I have seen. :D

Zuzma

:happy: Awsome pics! Did the authors get any help from Aaron Giles? Hehe even if they didn't it seems like whoever is working on this really knows their sh*t. ;)

DesktopMan

The core was originally interpreter of course (most emulators starts with an interpreter core, much easier to debug. Also easier to debug dynarec code when you know how it's supposed to work.), but atm it's like a hybrid. Some thing are dynarec, other parts are interpreter.

The graphics does indeed use directx9 features, since it gives both better performance (on good dx9 cards that is) and better visual quality...

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
DesktopMan, what is your connection to all of this. Because you seem to know a lot about this emu? IIRC you seem to have the developers point of view each time news is posted about it.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
DesktopMan said:
The core was originally interpreter of course (most emulators starts with an interpreter core, much easier to debug. Also easier to debug dynarec code when you know how it's supposed to work.), but atm it's like a hybrid. Some thing are dynarec, other parts are interpreter.

The graphics does indeed use directx9 features, since it gives both better performance (on good dx9 cards that is) and better visual quality...

Are the gfx D3D or OpenGL?