What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03 BETA Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

spotanjo3

DR.BETRUGER said:
But WHY the development wil be slow? What the progrees in going on? Can someone inform us, about the progrees of the emulator, right now?

CKEMU is right. Nobody know what's the progress is going on yet and it was best not to asked. You shouldn't question developer why it is slow in process. It is free so let them do whatever they pleased and they will release the next version when they decide it is ready. Do not questions them because it is not a good idea and do not annoying them. Please just enjoy 1.03 version for now until the next release that's all. ;) :p

Last edited:

dazey238

Can you imagine, just for a moment, building a swimming pool in your back garden. You get to a certain point in the project, and even though it's not finished yet, you tell everyone in your neighbourhood that they're free to come and use it. You still have so many things you want to do to it, but you've got to work and have your own time for other things. So you do what you can, and your neighbours help you out from time to time, letting you know about things that need fixing etc.

Then it gets to the point where you're happy with your swimming pool the way it is for the moment, even though there's still lots of stuff you COULD do, you're happy and that's the main thing because it's YOUR pool. But your neighbours still want to help, in fact some of them use the pool so much they start getting tetchy as to WHY you aren't making the improvements that THEY want.

How does that make you feel? I'd be pretty hacked off I reckon. It'd make it harder for me to come back and finish the pool. I'd probably tell my neighbours to go and use someone else's pool or get their own. I might even work on the pool secretly, and not tell anyone what I was doing for fear of generating the same kinds of problems again.

Anyway, I digress. We were talking about emulators....

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
man, away for 2 months an what a nice surprise when i get back :)

all i can say is well done an looks sweet

an to all those who whinge about it, its simple if u don't like it, look else were

i take me hat off to them, i know i couldn't make it, an also I'm not interested in have a free rid with ngc games i have my ngc right here by me TV, i just like the idea of seeing games off of my ngc on my pc regardless of if they work at 5fps or 200, dunno about anyone else, but when i see a ngc only game running on my pc it fills me with a joy that's hard to explain, that is what id consider the main attraction to it and i suppose that's the real reason behind such projects, its that sense of achievement that they get

well, thanks to all the Dev's for this, it made me feel good for the day

all i can say is

i await the next to see what else u have accomplished, and if there isn't another, then thank Q for what u have done so far and good luck with what ever u chose to do in life, but least u can say u made one person happy for the day even tho u have never met me in person :D

and for that i show u my gratitude with these to smileys getting drunk :party:

ZeroGamerX

Awesome work guys graphics and controller is awesome got it final work. My only problem is game Paper Mario 2 has good ingame but its freezes in first battle. Keep up great work.

Dan van Ohllus

RAGLE FRAGLE
DonaldDuck20 said:
Will you make a Linux version of Dolpin ?

They said earlier in the FAQs that they will not make a Linux version for the moment, so the only way to run Dolphin in Linux is to use a Windows Emulator.
An example of a Windows emulator is WINE, since it is compatible with DirectX games.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Dan van Ohllus said:
They said earlier in the FAQs that they will not make a Linux version for the moment, so the only way to run Dolphin in Linux is to use a Windows Emulator.
An example of a Windows emulator is WINE, since it is compatible with DirectX games.

Wine Is No Emulator, it just grabs API calls and translates them ...
And as the FAQ ofcourse stated no Linux version is being made atm. Making a linux version would mean that most stuff needed to be ported (most of the plugins are using DirectX)

Oh afaik WINE just shows up dolphin but won't let you run any games.

ector

Emulator Developer
Dolphin was made for fun. None of us find dealing with linux distro incompatibilities, makefiles, and stuff like that to be fun.
We like DirectX and Visual Studio :)
(which will also make an xbox360 port easier if the thing ever gets hacked....)

Akilla

Wel great emu guys(i think) but why don't my games work annymore with 1.03(bust a move 3000,mario party 4, dbz budokai 2, star soldier, pokemon colloseum, super monkey ball 2). If i load one of them i only see a white screen and nothing happens. and i don't see fps at the bottom its totaly blank

What could be the problem?

*i found out that none of the dolphi nemus work for anny game annymore except the dolphin teaser wich only plays bust a move great*

huztla

well i also got 2 say thx for the great work dolphin team!!! but dont stop now! its almost done! compatibility seems great.. alot of games running well.. now itz only bout speed dem muthpahuccaz up!! get your ass back on the project! everybody will be thankfulL!!!

fastfinger

Memory Card Problems

I just finished ready the entire 10 pages and some of the comments relates to the problem with the Memory Card. I tried running Zelda - Four Swords on the emulator but can't get past the memory card problem.

THe game keep saying that the memory card is corrupt and if I want to format it. I answer yes and it can't format the card. I tried to delete the two memcard files in the data directory but still have the same problem.

Any idea why the emulator/game is doing that?

Thanks in advance

spotanjo3

huztla said:
well i also got 2 say thx for the great work dolphin team!!! but dont stop now! its almost done! compatibility seems great.. alot of games running well.. now itz only bout speed dem muthpahuccaz up!! get your ass back on the project! everybody will be thankfulL!!!

Tsk tsk...you have no right to tell them to get their ass back on the project. :rolleyes:

Leave them be and let them do the works because it is purpose to be free for everyone..if you want it, buy game cube, duh! :)

No hurry!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.