What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Djipi Hires Zelda's Texture

jdsony

As for Princess Zelda and Saria, they both look good. I would make Princess Zelda's eyes lighter coloured so they are a closer match to the original (and you can see the pupil better). I like your version of Saria, I know Amon doesn't like it because it's too fancy for a forest girl but my take is that it's fantasy and I could really picture the forest people to have fancy makeup even if it can't be explained. I guess I can see them as being plain or magical. A lot of "undeveloped" cultures tend to have more sophisticated rituals such as ornate makeup or jewellery.

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Kerber2k said:
-Wonders why people are so bevel+Emboss crazy..... :whistling
Is that how Kman and Djipi get their textures to look so good? :bounce:
Does anyone know if Gimp has an filter/script-fu like that? :huh:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Mojo Man!!! said:
Is that how Kman and Djipi get their textures to look so good? :bounce:

Acually, thats exactly how KMan doesn't make his look good. He makes his without the "have the computer make the texture for you" things. I only use it when I'm in a tight spot. (and even then it's usually very small) It's when things are huge and they make it beveled that it begins to really look crazy and/or crappy. Djipi does a fairly good job at not making it look crappy ans KMan (as far as I see) doesn't even use it at all. Djipi's stuff looks good, but he could tone things down a tiny bit. No offense now, I just think that there are things you have worked on that just don't come up to zelda standards, but most of your stuff does reach that point (especially fire temple, good job once again).

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
I do use those layer filters like bevel, and the inner and outer glow, but I have them fairly faint. Then I go in on another layer adding the rest of the depth in by hand.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Are you going to release the texture pack or just Screenshots? I don't really enjoy screenies as much :p

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
i finish just a little works on Volcania , the boss , and if you want i will post a Texture pack

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
People says that my work is passable but not a "Work" . I would like to say i don't have experience and i thank that my work was well.

What should i do? Continue? let "Great Texturer" make only one project? i don't know!!!

But i just would like to show you what i work now . Maybe just for me :bye3:

Dragon Rebor

I really like what you’re doing. I think it’s great! Don't stop now, keep going. I would also be disappointed if you didn't release any of it, especially your Fire Temple textures. I love your work and hope you keep doing it.

gdp2000

Hey Djipi,

I and many other users do like your work too. Do not stop your "work" because some people told you to.

c ya
gdp2k

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
heu i have a problem to transfert the zip!!
If you want it , give me your mail in PM
Thanks all

ranny

Critisization makes one improves... Djipi, I appreciates your efforts...

You will improves as you proceed... Thanks again... and keep up the good work!!

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
Djipi said:
People says that my work is passable but not a "Work" . I would like to say i don't have experience and i thank that my work was well.

What should i do? Continue? let "Great Texturer" make only one project? i don't know!!!

But i just would like to show you what i work now . Maybe just for me
Djipi...

First, I would like to say that your work is very good. It is. But that's neither here nor there. What I'd really like to say is this...

What does it matter whether I like your work or not? Do you enjoy the work you are doing? Does seeing the results of your efforts come to what you would consider a success, bring you satisfaction? Sure it feels good when others admire and praise you for your efforts (I won't deny that), but first and foremost (as cliche as it may sound), you must do it for yourself, because you enjoy it. That should be the focus. Not, "What will they think of my work?" or "I hope they like my work" or even "I'm going to achieve some level of celebrity in the texture community". These are normal thoughts I suppose but should not be the drive. The focus needs to be "I'm happy with what I've done and I'm going to share it."

Now I know it may be a stretch to compare creating something out of thin air containing your heart and soul, with modifying someone else's creation but, perhaps something can be taken from this... Being a composer/musician, I live by it. Most artists do. You run your works up the flagpole... if some salute that's always great, yes. But if some do not, you cannot concern yourself with that "some" so much that you change what it is you do. You must keep doing "your thing" (whatever that may be). When you do it for yourself first, it's genuine and can't be denied... and people will gravitate toward that. I think you should be a little less concerned with what people think of your work, be it positive or negative and just do what you do. At the same time, criticism is a good thing and can help you "tighten the screws" so to speak. Take it for the positive that it is.

So in closing, if you are even considering halting your projects due to some criticism, be it harsh, constructive, or just downright shitty trolling, [RANT]like being accused of stealing ww textures by a guy *cough*Federelli*cough* that's only modifying someone elses creation and should probably stfu and stop pointing his guilty finger until he creates something original himself[/RANT], maybe your efforts are for the wrong reasons and your work should stop. But keep in mind, there are people here that very much like what you've done and would like to see you continue, myself included.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
thank s a lot!
All you said is right
But now i would like to take a break with realistic project and i would like to concentrate my effort to cell shading zelda !!
But i work very hard for me , and for people who like my work , you , and other!!
I hope you follow me to my new experience : cell zelda

Lunks

Djipi, I'd like to say your work is simply amazing.
Although Fed and KMan may be so called professionals, you're doing a very good work on Zelda. While Fed & KMan's work makes Zelda look lke a 2003 game, your textures make it look almost real. o_O

Hope you succeed on both works, Cel Shading, and Hires!
Thank you!