What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Discussions about important information, tutorials, threads and textures packages

macphisto

Hello. I recently only found out that these mods were being made for Mario 64 after recenltly going back to the game on my PC with an emulator. I downloaded the texture packs but I can't get them to work. I know this question has been asked time and time again, but I've come to be completly stuck after a few hours of trying. My problem may be a stupid one and I may have overlooked something simple, but after installing Rice's graphics plugin and turning it on, I found that it doesn't show the two extra options that are needed to activate the hi res under the texture filter button. Load and dump aren't there. What am I doing wrong. Could someone help? I'd really like to get this game running with these new textures.

Edit - no worries. I sorted it out myself. The game looks superb! Great work!

Last edited:

ShaolinMilk

How do you enable high texture? I read everything on this forum and still can't find anything. How do I know if the texture are loaded?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Check 'Load high resolution textures if available" in Rice's video plugin configuration window. You might have to uncheck "Hide Advanced Settings" first.

VIRUZ

You just select a different plugin in the "Settings" menu of PJ64, or the "change plugins" menu of 1964. Select Rice's beta10 from the menu. Then, activate hires textures before you go into the game via the checkbox in Rice's plugin settings. Wha-la! Almost instant hires textures!

When I will open the "Settings Menue" I get the error that "Rice`s Plugin" is not avalible and I used both emus 1964 AND project 64 both say me the same BUT the plugin IS in the right folder

Last edited:

VIRUZ

But I don`t know what`s my problem.
In the main emu folder I have one folder called "The Legend of Zelda" and in this folder are the other folders wich have the textures inside.

PIC 01
PIC 02

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The textures folder need to be in the Plugin folder, not in the emulator folder. I hope tht the texture pack came with a readme file. If it did, read it.

Last edited:

Zern

Ok I dont get it I used to do this kinda of stuff but when ever I load the textures they are not showing up anymore I dont know what im doing wrong they just dont show up on the screen it used to work for me befor and I was kinda good at it too.

Dark_Ansem

I heard of a kerber pack for Mario Kart 64. I think the main page needs to be uploaded. If I can find it, who do I have to send the link to?

im not sure if this is the right place but... most of the texture work when im playing with a texture pack, but a few dont work im i dont know how to get them to. in some of the guides it says rename all of the "_" to " " , i dont know what this means or if it efects it plz help me

DEZIMIEREN

Confused Patron
ok here is my issue i am trying to download rice's beta10 and its a .rar file so a screen pops up that says "find" that looks to open it or sumthin wat do i do to open the .rar file? and then after that were do i put the files that are in the .rar is there a specific folder in 1964 program files that it has to go into PLZ HELP!!!!

Thx
-DEZ

cerebus5

Everything is working great except I get this dithering box at the top left of my screen where the menus are. Does anyone know what causes this and how to remove it?

Edit I figured out the problem. What an awesome project. Very impressed with all the work done here.

Last edited: