What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

gandalf

Member ready to help
i think, 1964 0.99 have some problems when loading saves states of Paper Mario, i used to play it with jabo´s plug-in in 1964 and the same problem of crashing

lauwingchun

It works for me...which emulator are you using?
i am using 1964 0.9.9 as well. but if i use the 2004-5-xx releases, paper mario works properly. only when the newer version is used, the problem arises.

i have tried a 'cleanup' installation as well. but it seems the problem is still, and the above observations still hold.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
-Added preliminary Majora's Mask point lighting support.

So far it's the best implementation of point lighting :) Good work. Thanks to Rice, who first discovered that feature.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Thanks. Yes, the credit goes to Rice on this one. I had about given up on it until he told me it used point lights...

olivieryuyu

n64 color image set to clear

or depth set to clear or render

is causing hangings in Conker and Jet Force Jemini

so i can't see if coronas are working with those games :(

Perfect Dark coronas are half working : seenable just at the beginning of the game and after they disappear :)

there is many oddities in Rare games it seems :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Bug: Banjo-Kazooie doesn't seem to run at all with this plugin, least with the default settings anyway.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
same settings here won't even start, then exception in emulation thread... 5.2 Catalyst Drivers, using 1964 0.9.9

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Banjo-Kazooie works for me using Catalyst 5.3, depth image set to render and color image set to clear.

dragon_rider

&#31169;&#12399;&#31452;&#12364;&#22909;&#12365;&#
I can't believe it. This plugin actually gets the "N" logo in the Zelda games right! Motion smoothing, pixel shading, and the Peach to Bowser picture transition! Holy crap! I know that a lot of work has been put into this, but I need a bit of troubleshooting. Sometimes, the FPS drops below 30/60 and artifacts (KI Gold, for instance) smear the screen. Is there anything I can do to help increase the speed and/or fix the display problems in some games? But in closing I want to, way to go Orkin! Freakin' awesome plugin!

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention that my videocard's set to "High Performance".
Oh, seems that the plugin can't handle higher resolutions. I had it on 1024x768 and went to 640x480 and seemed to work fine.

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
amano said:
(Geforce 4 MX, Athlon 1400)

Great work, orkin. Is this a known bug that straight after the "Zelda: MM" intro when you wake up (before you go into the cave) sometimes the ground textures vanish mystriously. Then you go two steps and here they are again. But lose them again after some steps.

When you need screenshots, please let me know. Might be the 1.3 Pixel shadder of course. Maybe someone can confirm?

The frambuffer effect in the first Mario Kart 64 race doesn't work, but this is probably known already.
Direct 64 requieres a card that minimun supports Direct x 8.0 (geForce 3 TI) and higher, MX4x0 only support DX7

amano

My bad. Geforce 4 Ti of course (had a GF 2 MX before, that is likely to be the reason for the "spelling " error)

I see missing frame buffer effects in banjo kazooie (puzzle piece) and in mario cart (first race, before tunnel).

Some games that look completely wrong: Conker, Yoshi, Duke Nukem
Some games that won't do anything: Dr. Mario

EDIT: Removed all info about the problem that was caused by the new Foreware 71.84 drivers.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
ray16 said:
Banjo-Kazooie works for me using Catalyst 5.3, depth image set to render and color image set to clear.
Yeah it works fine with that setting.

Very nice, it gets the pause screen perfect.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Banjo-Kazooie is almost perfection itself, apart from the effect when you enter a world, with the jigsaw pieces flying in, that still needs work. Otherwise it's fine.

amano

*Sigh*

Sorry folks for spamming this thread. But the new 7x.x nvidia drivers seem to be horribly broken. Going back to the WinXP SP2 default ones, solved the thing.

Last week I upgraded from a GF2 MX to a solid GF4 Ti, so consider this as a Direct64 noob fault (though using N64 emus for years now, I had a Voodoo 2 and UltraHLE). Next time I will know that it is a driver prob ;)

Thanks to orkin for this great fancy stuff.

amano

Strange enough. But thanks for your replies, Gandalf! I knew that this was a driver problem because it showed up even in Rice's latest plugin!

I had the 71.84 drivers: Problem with missing textures

I went back to the standard XP SP2 forceware driver (48.xx?):
This problem was solved, but the intro of Zelda: MM showed the shadow of the Zelda logo where it wasn't supposed to be.

Then I tried the latest 76.xx beta drivers: Again the problem with the missing textures.

I tried the 61.77 drivers: Everything was fine. Maybe the latest nvidias don't like my Geforce 4 anymore since Gandalf doesn't have the problem with the 7x.xx series.

Other issues:

Maybe I should report a problem with castlevania. It seems to confuse textures at certain points. The first shot is from the intro, the second picture was taken when running over the stone in front of the gate (just in the beginning of the game). Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
If all goes well there should be another release by the end of the week. I just need to fix up a few of these weird bugs first (and something I broke at some point).

Thank you everyone for the feedback! It saves me testing time. :D