What's new

Chankast Alpha 0.25 released!!!

jdsony

If you donate a lot of money then can you whine a lot? I just thought I'd ask because I don't think it's come up before.

Nice to see the emulator progressing, I'll have to check out the new res options when I get home. I'm not sure what people are complaining about, they added a lot more features to this version than the last and the releases have only been about 2 weeks apart. Sure it needs to be faster but I'm sure the authors are working towards this. They could have skipped this release and waited until its running faster but they released what they had done to make everyone happy.

Burnpro

Supar ***
i m very happy with this emu, thanks chankast team!!
i m able to run soulcalibur even on my tnt2 vanta 16mb !!! although only 14/15 fps but in 0.2 icouldnt even start the game,
its an improvement overall!

madprofessor

zito oi penses
i trully enjoy the fact that there is one version in this release.
no old_gfx and stuff. even if compatibility is more with the old gfx i don't like old stuff on this KICKING ASS EMU! :p

go on chankast team u keep surprising us!

lucindrea

gaunt ledgons no longer crashes chankast , it just goes to the bios now ( almost like it was a non bootable disk ) so it's a step in the right dir :) ..

according to the whats now it says their are command line options for home made games .. any docs on those?

RexXx

THANK YOU :bouncy:

- for the fast release of version 0.25.
- fullscreen
- User wish integration
- the tempo you`re working on this emu

BIG RESPECT & donation is on the way !!!!!

DavIng

:down: Hi everybody. I just tested the latest version with the following games: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Results:

SFIII: The game speed was @ 44.5 fps (kinda slow). There were some background problems (like for instance, some stage can produce transparencies). But other than that, the game ran just fine.

SFA3, on the other hand, has caused quite a headache for me. The game speed was @ 55.4 fps (good). There were some stages in the game that have transparency problem (same like SFIII), and the biggest problem of all is that after couple minutes of play, the game still manage to freeze and crashes the emulator. I don't even know what cause the culprit. Maybe my computer always losing momentum when processing the game (maybe a hardware issue perhaps), maybe my .cdi file is corrupt, or maybe it's the emulator's fault.

So I "HOPE" the next version of Chankast could fix some SFA3 bugs that I mentioned above. :plain:

Last edited:

Burnpro

Supar ***
DavIng said:
:down: Hi everybody. I just tested the latest version with the following games: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Results:

SFIII: The game speed was @ 44.5 fps (kinda slow). There were some background problems (like for instance, some stage can produce transparencies). But other than that, the game ran just fine.

SFA3, on the other hand, has caused quite a headache for me. The game speed was @ 55.4 fps (good). There were some stages in the game that have transparency problem (same like SFIII), and the biggest problem of all is that after couple minutes of play, the game still manage to freeze and crashes the emulator. I don't even know what cause the culprit. Maybe my computer always losing momentum when processing the game (maybe a hardware issue perhaps), maybe my .cdi file is corrupt, or maybe it's the emulator's fault.

So I "HOPE" the next version of Chankast could fix some SFA3 bugs that I mentioned above. :plain:
you where joking us with that img tag right???

/me start saving money for a new vid card to try out in this kickass emu*

DavIng

Burnpro said:
you where joking us with that img tag right???

/me start saving money for a new vid card to try out in this kickass emu*

This is my first time posting images in this thread. So......yeah........call me a n00b then.
:chinese:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I love the new version, great work guys! Soul Calibur looks so good at 1280x1024 full screen with 2xAA and 4xAF. This is a great release, I don't know what everybody is complaining about.

I hope the next version fixes at least some of the layering problems though, it's not a big problem but it's a bit annoying.

Nine_Tails

i stil don't get it! i have a athlon 2100+, so i the f*** this emulator is not working, it says that my cpu does not suport sse, its because of my motherboad? please help
sory for my bad ingles, i am portugues.... tanks to all emutalk useres

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Nine_Tails said:
i stil don't get it! i have a athlon 2100+, so i the f*** this emulator is not working, it says that my cpu does not suport sse, its because of my motherboad? please help
sory for my bad ingles, i am portugues.... tanks to all emutalk useres
From the manual:
You own an Athlon XP, which supports SSE, but when you try to run Chankast you still get the "Your cpu doesn't support SSE" error message.
As some mainboard/CPU combos have SSE disabled in their default configuration, you'll have to check your BIOS manual for instructions on how to enable SSE. After you enabled it, Chankast should work as it's supposed to.

Heinster

jack said:
Shut up.

Its .25 It's not 3. I'm guessing they released this to shut up all the whiners complaining about fullscreen and whatnot. They even hinted so in the release text. "We're working hard so don't ask about next release".

Well I did not whine about the resolutionsettings nor the full screen part(I love the full screen part). But as I admited I was spoiled because of the great update of Chankast 0.2 that followed 0.1. For me the compatibility and speed is most important(and some games(atleast 4 so far) do not work now which did in this release). Sure they did a good job but on that point I was a bit dissapointed cause I hoped for some other things.

He if I can't be negative from now and then how can people take me serious when I'm positive, otherwhise I will just look like a fanboy. Overall Chankast Team did an "awsome" job but pointing out some stuff should not be a crime. Normally I'm very positive about this emulator so stop whining cause not everyone shares your view and watch your mouth :icecream:

But looking over it again and seeying they have done quite some work in the extra options department I have to reckon they done a nice job and shows what potential might be unfolded in the future....... But for now I'm only looking for more speed and compatibility so I tota;y overlooked those other features yesterday" :paperbag:

Last edited:

glob30

This release is amazing !
Respect to you chanka coder.... I can now play my DC games on my PC !
Concerning the new options :
- fullscreen is good and increase frame rate on my destop PC
- fullscreen is good and DOUBLE the frame rate on my laptop PC ! DOA2LE runs at 25 fps and is playable !

That's really a nice work.....

KEN

wonderful version of the Chankast... my computer finally can run DC game with the emulator using my poor display card, sound card and CPU !! You all are the best !!! I look forward to the next version.

themacmeister

Thanx team, you ROCK!. Got a new AMD 2400XP / GeForceFX5200 arriving tomorrow, will give it a tryout then :)

Hope you got my donation, "spend it wisely Mr. Bond" (Octopussy) :p

themacmeister

astroduck

All hail to the chankast team!!! ;0

Good job and keep up the good job, Chankast team~~! You guys have our full support!!!!!!!