What's new

Chankast Alpha 0.25 released!!!

AeN0

Good release but Psyvariar 2 is unplayable now ... (See attachement) I tested with ZWrite and AlphaTest ZWrite. Still the same.

Athlon XP 2400+, Geforce 4 MX 440 128 DDR 8x AGP

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Very Amazing release, I love this Emu, great work guys, keep it up, so nice at such an early state, simply wonderful.

Pimp

Banned
Donation Donation , dinero monies.
Donate please :term: , we need mucho dinero. :bouncy:
dollar_small.jpg

holymoz

AeN0 said:
Good release but Psyvariar 2 is unplayable now ... (See attachement) I tested with ZWrite and AlphaTest ZWrite. Still the same.

use the previous old gfx exe

Heinster

After some fiddling I must adjust what I said......

Hmmm with all the things said I kinda hoped more and I am kinda dissapointed.... The speed gaining is minimal, some games work less good, the compatibility hasn't changed

I like the resolution change but actually most games only suffer under it......

Yeah I know I'm whining but I bet most feel like this(if they dare to be truthfull)... But please don't let it stop you from continueing, although I'm whining now I really love what you guys are doing and concidering what you've done in 4 months is nothing more from amazing.... But I just needed to say this cause you know when I'm positive I'll be just as honest.....

I guess the problem for me was that 0.2 came so fast after 0.1 and in playability and compatibility so much was gained the I guess I was spoiled :p

So ok guys you got someone to blame hit me ;)

BlaDe1661

pso

how come no one ever tests this game? put more screen shots my pc cant handle the emu and i just like to look at pics

jeffkong

Little things still bug me like no minimize or maximize button, and it doesn't save certain settings like not showing stats, but other then those minor things this is a great release!

A particularly like the new LCD viewer. Great job! :bouncy:

Heinster

AeN0 said:

I also have to confirm this one......

emu4ever

jeffkong said:
Little things still bug me like no minimize or maximize button, and it doesn't save certain settings like not showing stats, but other then those minor things this is a great release!

A particularly like the new LCD viewer. Great job! :bouncy:

What Is actually that "LCD viewer"??, I tryed Ctaxi and i sow like a ctaxi logo(black white)

Yours,

AndreaSpooky

looks like boot disk works now :)

a word for all whining people here...

this is 0.2"5", not 0."30", so i guess it means its not a huge improvement from the 0.20...
anyway i still find many things to be happy about this version.

jack

Heinster said:
After some fiddling I must adjust what I said......

Hmmm with all the things said I kinda hoped more and I am kinda dissapointed.... The speed gaining is minimal, some games work less good, the compatibility hasn't changed

I like the resolution change but actually most games only suffer under it......

Yeah I know I'm whining but I bet most feel like this(if they dare to be truthfull)... But please don't let it stop you from continueing, although I'm whining now I really love what you guys are doing and concidering what you've done in 4 months is nothing more from amazing.... But I just needed to say this cause you know when I'm positive I'll be just as honest.....

I guess the problem for me was that 0.2 came so fast after 0.1 and in playability and compatibility so much was gained the I guess I was spoiled :p

So ok guys you got someone to blame hit me ;)

Shut up.

Its .25 It's not 3. I'm guessing they released this to shut up all the whiners complaining about fullscreen and whatnot. They even hinted so in the release text. "We're working hard so don't ask about next release".

rcgamer

the old guy
jack said:
Shut up.

Its .25 It's not 3. I'm guessing they released this to shut up all the whiners complaining about fullscreen and whatnot. They even hinted so in the release text. "We're working hard so don't ask about next release".

I totally agree.

jeffkong

emu4ever said:
What Is actually that "LCD viewer"??, I tryed Ctaxi and i sow like a ctaxi logo(black white)

The VMU only handles black and white.
Sometimes it's more interesting like when playing Tennis 2k2 you can see the game on the LCD in mini form.

You can also download mini games onto it which are fun, and sometimes necessary for unlocking options like in Power Stone.

Also on the Sonic Adventures you can have a little Chao that you can play with.

It makes the Dreamcast experience complete.

BalleBal

Nice work once again Chanka team!!
Wouldn't take the wining of certain people in consideration. (not even for the slightest!)
They don't even know how many time of programming hours is invested in these kind of projects!!
I'm always curious what kind of improvements your next release will bring. :bouncy:

I like your work, and hope to see future releases with this kind of dedicated work.
@The people who like to complain about the emu: If you think you can do it better? Write a DC emu yourselfs, and let's see how far you can come! :term:

@Chanka dev. team. You guys rock!! Solid!! :party:

L8

Aks

I just wanted to send my thanks to the team, great job. I still love using my dreamcast, but chanka let's me play other games alot better with way way better loading times. I still cant setup my POV for my Saitek P2500 to test rumble(hard to get far enough in games), but my gravis does the trick in the mean time. Loving the progress, and I will most definately be donating as soon as possible :p

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Wow, excelent release Chankast team. Just forget about the lamers saying the new release is horrible because of slowdowns and stuff, if they were true emu fans, they would know that slowdowns might be caused by the devs emulating more of the hardware (look at the latest Zsnes, it slowed down a bit because of more hardware emulation). Thus making more games compatable :p Anyways, I love the fullscreen, the video fixes, and so much more. I've been usin chanka since 0.1 and it is good :p Once again, another great release. Props to the Chankast team for another great release. Keep up the good work and keep emulating more and more of the DC hardware ;) Slowdowns aren't a major bummer to me, because I know they are trying to emulate more and more of the DC, and that they can't completely optimise the emulation yet. I wish the team luck in the future.

Woo hoo, multi-vmu support!