What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Excellent! What a great video archive for the original pack before v1.2 Final is done. Thanks for this man! :)

Hey, you missed the secret cave! You know!? It's at the bottom of the landings on the cliff wall that seems like a dead end were you went back up to the top. Pics of it can be seen a couple of pages back. It is a sweet short cut and holds a Roast Beef in the cave!

Also, I noticed you weren't picking up the extra throwing weapons. Did you know all throwing weapons have 3 levels of power up? Along with growing in power each throwing weapon changes in animation and abilities. The knife grows larger flames around it. The Cross gains a longer "tail" and a homing ability just like Carries homing ball. Holy Water grows in size and volume and covers a huge area. The Axe gains the power of lightning accompanied by a thunderous boom and at its highest level damages enemies in a quite large blast radius. My favorite is the Axe at full power. These power ups are like adding a magic casting element to the game.

That is perfectly OK though. It was fun watching someone "explore"! ;)

shandor

uh oh

i hope this project isnt gonna end up like all the other retexture projects and die. I was excited to see this one get finished......

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
No worries. ;) I am working on it like a bad habbit!!! Little sleeping, eating and lots of CLOD.

I need help though. Someone, please help.

There are a few things I would like to have for the final release that I CAN NOT do myself. I need the help of the community to make these 3 things happen so that CLOD can be "all-that-it-can-be". As you all probably already know:

1. The in game text can not be retextured. I need someone to figure out why, and what can be done about it.
2. The targeting reticle is huge and annoying as it flashes from bright yellow, orange and red, and does not fit the new "game" very well. I was once told the colors and/or opacity of it should be able to be changed with a "game shark" code. I need someone to figure out how it can be changed.
3. The slowdown caused by the duplicate texture name "thing" in Rice video. I do not want to do a complete conversion to Glide64 or Jabo just for a couple of cases of severe slowdown and/or limitation of textures that I can retexture. Mudlord said it could be fixed but he had already decided he didn't want to work on Rice video anymore. I need someone to fix this bug in Rice video. (a texture caching option would be best)

Later,
GITech

Aristotle900

I seriously love all that you've done with the graphics with this game..other than two things. One is, a little two much red, but no biggie, I just use remove some of the textures for some areas, that make me a little sick to my stomach. XD Yeah, that's how real this game feels to me now. Once again, I love what you've done to my favorite game. :D

Okay, the other reason, I'll state below.

No worries. ;) I am working on it like a bad habbit!!! Little sleeping, eating and lots of CLOD.

I need help though. Someone, please help.

There are a few things I would like to have for the final release that I CAN NOT do myself. I need the help of the community to make these 3 things happen so that CLOD can be "all-that-it-can-be". As you all probably already know:

1. The in game text can not be retextured. I need someone to figure out why, and what can be done about it.
2. The targeting reticle is huge and annoying as it flashes from bright yellow, orange and red, and does not fit the new "game" very well. I was once told the colors and/or opacity of it should be able to be changed with a "game shark" code. I need someone to figure out how it can be changed.
3. The slowdown caused by the duplicate texture name "thing" in Rice video. I do not want to do a complete conversion to Glide64 or Jabo just for a couple of cases of severe slowdown and/or limitation of textures that I can retexture. Mudlord said it could be fixed but he had already decided he didn't want to work on Rice video anymore. I need someone to fix this bug in Rice video. (a texture caching option would be best)

Later,
GITech

1: The game's text is oddly hard coded into the game..I've looked into this since reading your posts, after discovering this awesome project, and the text does indeed, seem to be un-dumpable. I think it could be possible programing the plugin to detect the text codes or something, but I'm sure that would be quite complex, there-for, probably won't happen.

2: I've heard of this before, logically, I believe it's possible, but so far I have yet to see the codes anywhere.. Hmm. I'll try searching the internet again.

3: My other reasion is, my ThinkPad just can't handle the texture sizes you have. It slows down all the time as if there were trouble textures everywhere in the game..So I used photoshop and manual resized each and every texture down, to an average of 256 and smaller. Or 128 and smaller, and have been doing this for the past few weeks, till it has run as if I didn't have the enhanced textures turned on.

So actually, it depends on the video card used, if it can do fast transform and lighting effects, without slowing down the emulator to a halt nearly. My video card doesn't have hardware T&L, which I believe is the problem. No big deal though, since I've resized them all.

Now the trouble textures. They are the ones that use intense transformation and constant refresh..Such as the dogs at the gate in the Vila, and the armor knights in the Art Tower. Even by resizing them to something like 16x16, it still screws with my laptop..So, I simply removed them and now, it works just fine and no slowdown. I don't think it's a duplicate texture thing, but I do believe this is like you've said; no texture caching or buffering. And like Mudlord said, that should be possible to fix. Or maybe add some coding for that.

There is one thing I don't like about the Mudlord Rice Video plugin.. On direct3D mode which I have to use, or the emulator crashes on my laptop; The fog effect. The fog seems just, messed up, the handling of it..That, I'm going to look into in the source code myself. However, I'm not a programmer (Outside of doing DOS C and C++, simple, programming..Yeah, I'm oldage. XD), so I might not end up on fixing the fog problem, though I'm going to try. Dunno about the texture caching thing, cause I only have 256MBs of RAM anyway..However, after resizing all of your textures, I think the new size of them all, is 204MBs?

(That's including removing the trouble textures, and deleting some that I didn't find appropriate for certain levels, and some that were just a little to real for me to stomach. lol)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I seriously love all that you've done with the graphics with this game..other than two things. One is, a little two much red, but no biggie, I just use remove some of the textures for some areas, that make me a little sick to my stomach. XD Yeah, that's how real this game feels to me now. Once again, I love what you've done to my favorite game. :D

3: My other reasion is, my ThinkPad just can't handle the texture sizes you have. It slows down all the time as if there were trouble textures everywhere in the game..So I used photoshop and manual resized each and every texture down, to an average of 256 and smaller. Or 128 and smaller, and have been doing this for the past few weeks, till it has run as if I didn't have the enhanced textures turned on.
You don't need to manually resize them all one on one. There are a lot image tools, which can do this for you, without a hassle. Google is you friend, comment back if you don't find one and I will search what programm I'm using at home.

Aristotle900

You don't need to manually resize them all one on one. There are a lot image tools, which can do this for you, without a hassle. Google is you friend, comment back if you don't find one and I will search what programm I'm using at home.

I've tried different programs, but once using them on the graphics, oddly they never load again in the game. I don't know why, but only Photoshop seems to work flawlessly with them. Anyway, I appreciate it. I have already dealt with all of them and they work very nicely. But thank you. :)

Sorry Gitech, I can't find anything at all, anywhere on the web for those Game Shark codes, to change the Targeting Reticle. :( However, I honestly don't think it looks bad with the new graphics.. It is helpful to me the way it is, when targeting on enemies.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hmmm, you can create "actions" in photoshop. If you still need to down size the textures for CLOD v1.2 when I release it I would try this: What I imagine you could do to get most of them done easily would be to create a folder for each "size type" (ie: if it is a 1/1 square or a 2/1 rectangle, for example) of texture,Then move all of the...say...1/1 square textures into the "1/1" texture folder you created for them, then create an action that reduces a canvas size to the size you want (ie: 128x128, 256x256), then use that "action" via a "batch" to downsize all of the textures in that folder you created. Custom folders, "actions", and "batches" would have to be created for each "type" of texture set you would want resized automatically. It may take some time to set up but it is beyond awesome when photoshop starts to do the work for you! :)

It may be necessary for others to do the same for it to work on their PC's. As of right now the Castle Wall stage folder is a whopping 227MB itself, and I am not even done with it! :eek:

Thank you for looking for the game shark codes. I didn't really think there was pre-existing game shark codes to change the targeting reticle. What I was told was it should certainly be possible to create one. That is what I was hoping someone would do for me. The person who said it could be done never posted again and I really think he has the knowledge to do it. He has created some really great and unique GS codes for OOT.

I have a pic for you guys! You have all been waiting so patiently! It's not the pics I would like to take and post but it's something to feast your eyes on for now. ;) I have been so busy lately.

Special things to notice: The "bricks" under my feet are properly aligned, and one of the new-new item icons..the Axe. I have integrated illustrations of the items special powers into the item icons. I will have pics of the others for you...at some point. ;) :)

TTYL,
Jay

33usu20.jpg

21cweb.jpg

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
don't burn yourself out, that's probably how most projects die. It's not like the world is depending on this to be finished before the years end. take your time.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks guys! :) Really!

I do think it will take longer than expected. :(

The two main reasons are, I would like to go through the whole game again and redo or touch up a great deal of v1.1's textures, and I still have the texture related slowdown problem with Rice Video that prevents me from redoing/enlarging certain textures because they cause severe slowdown as they are reloaded with every frame. WE NEED A TEXTURE CACHING OPTION! ;)

Now, in addition to the texture name duplicate related slowdown in certain parts of the game, I am getting a frame "stuttering" due to the textures being loaded in real time. I mean, the textures in the castle wall stage are almost all 1024x1024 or more! This causes a stutter while the textures have to load in real time, like when entering a new area.

Again, we need a texture caching option in Rice Video!!! Where are the coders? We need ambitious coders! ;) :) Does anyone "know" someone?

I realize Glide Napalm may be an option, but I really don't want to have to go through the whole game just to find missing textures and fix them just to make it work 100% on Glide! That would be just work, no fun.

Let me know.

TTYL,
Jay