What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

death--droid

WIP

Ill post the basic layout of what im doing in a minute

Started working on the right hand side XD

66717029sc5.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS 2

workinprognv5.jpg

EDIT:Never mind about this i suck at it :(

Ive ripped the actual bar if you want it:unsure:

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks MasterPhW and death--droid. Yep, the HUD bothers me every time I take a screenshot or go to full screen to just play it and I've been planing on tackling it at some point. I'm brainstorming about it over time to hopefully come up with something fitting. I have been thinking of ways to minimize it. What do you guys think: Less is more when it comes to a HUD?

I sorta like the look of that HUD. It's good. But, I don't think I should use a direct rip from another Castlevania game. To 'direct' of a 'rip'-off. ;) Otherwise, your rip is great and if I were to use it, its monochromatic stile lends itself to further texturization well. So good job my friend! And THANK YOU for your effort! ;) May I call upon you for help in the future? :) ;)

PS: Dude, you don't suck at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, got some pics of the new Chain Whip:
1. From v1.1, old square chain links and the spike ball had an ugly 'bloby' border.
2. New Chain and fixed Spike Ball. :)
3. Alternate shot.
4. New Werewolf.
1z4v1hz.jpg

kd0bhe.jpg

2vjyg7q.jpg

5k58px.jpg

death--droid

Thank you for saying i don't suck.

I need to know of a good game to retexture thats not to hard lol.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi guys,

Here are a few pics to check out. I wanted to post them to show how far I am because work on finishing it is going to slow down as life is going to get very busy for me starting tomorrow.

Anyway I hope to have it done before too long though. Hopefully before Christmas! :) It will get done though!!! Soooo close....;)

Thanks goes out to mgfcortez for the donation! THANK YOU! It has helped me. :) If anyone else wants to make a donation please contact me through PM. ;)

Here's the pics. They show the new HUD and the work I have begun on the Castle Wall stage, the new Game Over screen and the new Items screen with the Roast Beef item.

Enjoy and keep my thread active (please ;) ):
2lk88wz.jpg

24dlz7b.jpg

21nfvc1.jpg

3088llx.jpg

2lt3413.jpg

Mollymutt

So, is there a problem with the font textures? I like the new HUD. Everything looks great. I'm waiting until you finish this to try it out.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Yeah, the new HUD looks great, I only miss some outline of the health meter, it looks so flying in the air, right now.
The other stuff looks impressive (like always) aswell.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
So, is there a problem with the font textures? I like the new HUD. Everything looks great. I'm waiting until you finish this to try it out.

Hi Mollymutt, LTNS. Nice to here from you again. Yes, the font texture(s) do not dump. They won't dump correctly (with rice).

Check out post #152, #154 and the other posts on the page for details on the text problems here: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=43535&page=16

I still plan to see if Glide64 or Jabo will dump and load them.

Also, I've been told the targeting reticle could be changed with a (game shark) code but that person never got back to me about it. All that person said is "sure it could be done". Do you know how to make codes that can change colored poly's like that?

These are the two things I would like to have fixed for the final release. ;)

BTW, THANKS! :)

Yeah, the new HUD looks great, I only miss some outline of the health meter, it looks so flying in the air, right now.
The other stuff looks impressive (like always) aswell.

Thanks MasterPhW! I'll take a look at it, but it seem awesome as is when in game. Hey, has anyone noticed the little skull and crossbones at the 'low health' end of the HP meter? It becomes more visible as your HP decreases. It's cool!

The hud looks awesome good job gitech

Thanks mate!!!

I can never seem to actually load up all of your pictures gitech, but the top half of them looks awesome :D

Really? Can you post a pic and more details about your system, video card, emulator, plugins and settings you are using so we can help you?

Hey guys, I can only read and post ~once a week now. Can anyone else please help him when he posts his answer? ;) :)

Thanks and TTYL!

Last edited:

stranno

Hi!, before anything thanks 4 ur hard work

I've configured it propertly and i was ready to record a YTB gameplay with those fantastic textures, but i CANT GRAB THE FIRST EDGE!!!

Yeah, its a bit ridiculous, i dont understand it but i hold jump key, he grabs the edge but then he doesnt go up

I'm using the [!] image

Any ideas? xDDD

Here's the video :rolleyes:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=-OYrLdv_lFA&fmt=18

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi!, before anything thanks 4 ur hard work

I've configured it propertly and i was ready to record a YTB gameplay with those fantastic textures, but i CANT GRAB THE FIRST EDGE!!!

Yeah, its a bit ridiculous, i dont understand it but i hold jump key, he grabs the edge but then he doesnt go up

I'm using the [!] image

Any ideas? xDDD

Here's the video :rolleyes:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=-OYrLdv_lFA&fmt=18

That's odd. I've never seen that before. I use the same ROM image. Anyone else have any ideas?

Do you have that button on your controller set to "turbo" or are you using your keyboard? What emulator and plugin setup are you using?

Also, I am working on finishing up the v1.2 Final version of the game with new levels, HUD and more. I can have it done in the next few weeks.

I have made this preview trial pack for now:

- Castlevania LOD v1.2.1 Ghost Ship, Lake Serpent and several other goodies Trial Pack,

Download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UBD3RBCZ

Let me know how it goes. ;)

stranno

0_0, i had rapidfire activated and i didnt noticed it (it was my first game since time))

Many thanks man, good finding xDD

I will test it tomorrow

stranno

Heres a bit of gameplay with last pack, game seems to hangs a bit (not performance problem, when screen loads fully it goes 60fps, i guess its an texture-speed loading problem, my HD is not too fast) and there's some GFX artifacts (configured as readme)

PART 1/2 PART 2/2

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Very cool but your right...you have some bad glitches going on like the fire, poison spit, random white crystals and the skeletons! You need to change the 'Memory Size' in 'ROM Settings' and choose 'High' "Resolution" as well. Also, did you set it up according to the read me that came with the 'Trial Pack'...it's updated like use OpenGL instead. Actually the read me needs a lot of updating but you should get better results by following the new read me.

I really am happy you are making vids! It has inspired me to finish up v1.2! But, hold your horses...A bigger-better version is coming out soon!!!

Take a look at what I've been up to:

;)
oi61yh.jpg

5y8b5v.jpg