What's new

can I load pokemon data from gameboy emulator to Pj64

danielGT

I know that this is too much... but I not lose anything if ask, hehehe: If I'm playing pokemon stadium 2 ¿Can I load pokemon's stored with the gameboy emulator like the real nintendo 64?

Is just a question...

SP: Se que es mucho pedir, pero nada pierdo con preguntar, jejeje: si estoy jugando pokemon stadium 2 ¿puedo cargar los pokemon almacenados con un emulador de gameboy como si fuera el nintendo 64 real?

Es solo una pregunta, nada mas.

Glurak

currently you can't. It would require transferpack emulation which currently isn't emulated... wait mhhh 6 month or so and there might be a input plugin which supports it (6 month can be replaced by any amount of time but I think 6 month is pretty realistic ;) but like I said it's just my personal guess...)

mhhh maybe I should mention that nrage wants to do it after doing the direct adaptoid stuff so maybe it will even be faster ;) wait for nrage input 2.0 and it will probably become more clear ;)

OP
D

danielGT

ok, I suppose it

ok, I supposed that the transferpack aren't emulated, however there are a great work at this point ;)

well... I will wait until someday this feature be emulated... if somebody work in this. ???

¿is more difficult the programming of emulation (I'm a programmer of win32 applications)? :colgate: :colgate: he he he

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
nrage has hinted that he is doing this. in fact, he hinted that he is already done! however, whichever way he does it, it will be through an Adaptoid, so ur going to need an adaptoid, n64 pad, pokemon game, and game boy! oh, and wait for him to finish the next version of his plugin...

greatfire

The transfer pack cannot be emulated because what it does is:
-Provide the power the gb pack needs to work
-Transfer data between the n64 and gb pack
To emulate a transfer pack you need access to the part of the source code in the n64 rom which control the link with the gb pack and hack it to work in a emulator with a gb rom

Glurak

what?
1st of all everything can be emulated (5 years n we'll have the ps2 ;))
2nd as far as I know (I haven't read anything about it and I don't know anything about it that's just what I think) the trasnfer pack mainly provides the power for the gamepack and offers an datalink to the different regions of the gameboy game (sram and the actual rom) so it's kinda like an memory pack (yes i think this comparison is quite good) so why shouldn't it work? and about needing a part of the source: isn't emulation just recompilation/interpreting of the data (=source (somewhat)) and in raw mode (as far as I understand (again just guessing)) the plugin does all the emulation of controller related stuff so the emu doesn't even look at that data but pass it right to the input plugin (or so ;))

I could be completely wrong but that's how I think those things work ;)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
greatfire said:
To emulate a transfer pack you need access to the part of the source code in the n64 rom which control the link with the gb pack and hack it to work in a emulator with a gb rom

there is something called reverse engineering, that is what brought u pj64 to begin with. and like what Glurak said, dont say never in the emu scene, n64 emulation was not supposed to be possible.;)

N-Rage

greatfire said:
The transfer pack cannot be emulated because what it does is:
-Provide the power the gb pack needs to work
-Transfer data between the n64 and gb pack

-which power u mean? the N64-Roms need power too, but not if u have em as image on ur HD.
-obviously... u know a MemPak also transfers data?

also theres no 'hack' needed, u just need to revert the Data-Transfers from the Transfer-Pak Format to addresses u can use with a regular GB-Rom-File. Its allot more difficult than MemPak since the GB-Roms are bigger then the Range a N64-Controller can access( 64KB), but sure not impossible.

OP
D

danielGT

I don't know about emulation, but I think (optimistic, hehe :) ) that if already there are a GB emulator that do possible the transfers between two games, then could be that this can be emulated someday (1...5 years?).

This GB emulador (TGB) can do the work of the cable game link (I think), then... this mean that the programmer can access at the part of the source code that control the transfers (or no? I am in a wrong?).

Ohh, sorry, my english is bad :blush: .

OP
D

danielGT

I forget say (i don't know if is important) that this emulator can transfer data in the same computer and via TCP IP.

He he he You already know about this, right? :blush:

Glurak

ummm I don't know what u mean with sourcecode but ummm u need the "source" of the rom for everything not just multiplayer or so I mean the emu has to emulate another machine by reading the "source" and then outputting stuff u can understand (you know what I mean ;) it's hard to explain I think...)

u know the emulation of the transfer pack is way easier than for example the emulation of the super mario 64 graphics and probably even eaieyer than the emulation of the rumble pack
(I'm not saying that I could do it (atleast i don't think I could do it I wouldn't even know where to start ;)) I'm just saying that it is easier than the other stuff ;))

SJR

Transfer pak is possible

Just wait for either NRage's or my (N64VP) next release. However my plugin is on hold atm. until my exams are over and i have more time.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
there are lots of GBx Emus that can link, Symgb, No$gmb, and a few more that i cant remember rite now. its not special anymore (this is true for a long time). the thing is that many of them are very buggy when u do this, the only stable one when gb linking is no$gmb.

and ya Initial D (or something like that, correct me if im wrong, i was very into GBx emu for a while, but forgot a lot now...) can also connect and play over the net.

Last edited:
symgb doesn`t emulate the link cable and No$gb
can`t link between different versions of pokemon.

I was a gb emulation feak also.:D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ya, Quip, i got Symgb mixed up with Rew
/me slaps head with own hand
oh and i think hellogb can also link.

ur also rite about the pokemon in no$gmb, but u know the trick rite?

anyway, i thought he meant linking as in plain head to head action.

i hope VBA or BA can link soon though...

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yah, I'd like an emu that can link Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons together.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
N-Rage said:

-which power u mean? the N64-Roms need power too, but not if u have em as image on ur HD.
-obviously... u know a MemPak also transfers data?

Yes, True, the N64 Rom, SRAM/EEPROM/FlashRAM/MemPak don't require Power because this is saved on your Hard drive, But I think he means about the adaptiod, USB Ports give atleast 2.4 Volts for Power output, N64 Controllers require 3.5 Volts. The N64 Controller can Live with 2.4 Vs. But Power for the GB Cart in the transfer pack maybe an exception.... I dont really know how much the transfer pack needs but, I think the Tranfer Pack can live with it too...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Eagle said:
Yah, I'd like an emu that can link Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons together.

what would that do?

if u play through one, copy down the password it gives u, enter it into the second game, and continue from there. this can be achieved on one gameboy.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
sooo...................

Smiff said:
heh, l@@k what fell into my inbox today:

sssh! don't tell the Pokemon Lovers! :D

what does that mean exactly?? and i was just about to say would it be possible for the adaptoid itself to be updated so that it can support the transfer pack and what not? maybe if someone suggested it to the authors