What's new

Calling All Programmers!!!

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
I downloaded your version of those libraries Doom, but...

"Debug Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Quicklinks\Quicklinks.exe
Module: C:\Program Files\Quicklinks\Quicklinks.dll
File:

Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'nCheck' was corrupted."

If I retry or ignore, I am presented with a mountain of further errors.

You could try posting all DLLs required from your own machine if you wish (eg. mscvp71.dll etc), but... this looks pretty full-on... :S

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
...The answer looked as though it referred to as if you were compiling the source. I'm just running the executable Doom provided.

I suppose Doom himself could take a look at your solution and see what could be done...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Now that's very weird, since those errors are what you would get when running the program in the debugger. Plus, it should only happen in the debug versions. Anyhow, let's try this...
I've attached the full archive with ALL the files needed to run the program, including sounds and upgrade application. This shouldn't cause this problem now, I hope.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Apologies... yet MORE computer-related misery.

I think I've delayed long enough, hmmm...?

Potential Bug Fixes:

- NO shell intergration functional at present; Quicklinks presents the option to keyword a file or folder (including Recycle Bin etc), but if the option is clicked, nothing happens.
- The 'Manage Commands' window allows you to select files such as Recycle Bin, My Computer et al, but if you try to assign them keywords, an error message is given. Drives etc can also not be keyworded.
- If a command linking to a moved/renamed file/folder is entered, problems are similar to before; errors are presented, dialogue is delayed due to the requirement to terminate a thread. In short, every time you try to reach the Manage Commands screen after entering a bad command, the same errors are presented before the screen appears.
- Bad commands CAN NOT BE DELETED. This is quite an important point, I reckon.

Potential Tweaks:

- Having the tool default certain options to 'enabled' when first ran; the average user might not, for example, understand what it means to register with the windows shell. Having the option already clicked would make this process easier.

Potential To-Do List:

- ...All of the above?
- The aforementioned icons, text changes, readme etc.

...A very nice release, but a few fairly serious bugs, Doom. Any chance of a fix? ;D

Last edited:

Doomulation

It is to be expected after such major modifications. Ah, but you give me more fun to work out. I'll see what I can do about these.
You had better send me those icons also, just so it's ready for the final release.

EDIT:
New build. And my comments...

- NO shell intergration functional at present; Quicklinks presents the option to keyword a file or folder (including Recycle Bin etc), but if the option is clicked, nothing happens.
I cannot reproduce this. It works perfectly fine! It works extremely well.

- The 'Manage Commands' window allows you to select files such as Recycle Bin, My Computer et al, but if you try to assign them keywords, an error message is given. Drives etc can also not be keyworded.
Fixed.

- If a command linking to a moved/renamed file/folder is entered, problems are similar to before; errors are presented, dialogue is delayed due to the requirement to terminate a thread. In short, every time you try to reach the Manage Commands screen after entering a bad command, the same errors are presented before the screen appears.
No, that can't be right. This problem doesn't exist. I cannot find that bug, so you must be doing something wrong.

- Bad commands CAN NOT BE DELETED. This is quite an important point, I reckon.
True, and also fixed.

- Having the tool default certain options to 'enabled' when first ran; the average user might not, for example, understand what it means to register with the windows shell. Having the option already clicked would make this process easier.
Indeed, I was puzzled by this before, but I found why it didn't work and FIXED it.

Other fixes:

- Refined tooltips in options: added "recommended."
- Added more tooltips to manage commands dialog, options dialog and command execution dialog.
- I found and fixed that "corruption" problem. I was careless and it was due to a change in code from before. What happens when you try to write 8 bytes of memory to an area where the program has only 4 bytes? Answer: stack corruption (since it was placed on the stack).
NOTE: I was unable to find this before because you all didn't seem to tell me what you were doing. I found it by deleting the registry entry to fool the program to think it was the first time it ran. That's how I found and fixed that problem.
- Fixed some other misc bugs.

Last edited:

ZeZu

This was a sort of long winded looking thread, so i'm not sure if anyone else has suggested it, but why not just use a toolbar on the quicklaunch bar or something else low profile, which will provide you with a one-click access to a menu as large as you like, full of links to whatever .. i'm not even sure i understand your original intention with shell integration for a command line parsing application to direct you to the directory mame is in ? Or rather to have mame in the system path and just have a command console in the shell, if it is the latter, it is very easy to add an element to the shell so you can right click and go to "Open Command Console" .. if you are really hot on some more foreign shell integration just get one of the many packages meant for modifying the shell, i dont think this is really a call for all programmers ;p

ZeZu

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
It's a very long story why I haven't posted here in a long time. All I can do is apologise, and get down to business...

Potential Bug Fixes:

- Shell integration still does not function. The 'Keyword It!' option is present, but it simply does not function.
- IMPORTANT! If a "bad" command is discovered, it remains this way, even if you repair the damage by restoring the file the command links to. Even if you put the file back to where it was when the command was created, the command remains bad within Quicklinks. Perhaps the 'bad scan' could be performed prior to attempting to execute all commands, as well as periodically?
- Commands can no longer be EDITED inside of the Command Manager; if you click an existing command, its attributes no longer appear in the edit boxes below, so they can't be changed. I don't see what the function of the 'Change' button is; it doesn't seem to work.
- Selecting whether or not to register with the Windows shell doesn't seem to have any effect any more; the option to 'Keyword It!' is always present in shell menus (including the option to keyword the recycle bin and my computer, which perhaps shouldn't be possible). By de-selecting 'Register...', it has no effect. Resetting all settings doesn't effect this, either.

Potential Tweaks:

- Edited texts, icons, readme etc.

Potential To-Do List:

- ...All of the above?! ;P

As you can see, there are a few last troubles to work through here. If these can be solved, I see the program ready for v1.0 release. At last ;D

Latest error log:

NOTE: Shell.exe was launched but the /Register switch was not present.

Doomulation

ZeZu said:
This was a sort of long winded looking thread, so i'm not sure if anyone else has suggested it, but why not just use a toolbar on the quicklaunch bar or something else low profile, which will provide you with a one-click access to a menu as large as you like, full of links to whatever ..
I find that unneccesary. You can right-click the tray or use any of the shortcuts you've assigned. If anyone wants it, I could also add a recently used commands menu to the right-click, or even make it possible to add elements there.

i'm not even sure i understand your original intention with shell integration for a command line parsing application to direct you to the directory mame is in ? Or rather to have mame in the system path and just have a command console in the shell, if it is the latter, it is very easy to add an element to the shell so you can right click and go to "Open Command Console" .. if you are really hot on some more foreign shell integration just get one of the many packages meant for modifying the shell, i dont think this is really a call for all programmers ;p

ZeZu
Shell integration means you right-click a file and select keyword it!, then select a command so that you can type it later to summon that file. Easy enough, and you don't have to do it inside the program.

Xade: You could always humour me with your story.
But I still don't get that shell problem with Keyword It! not working. What are you doing? There is one thing I can think of that might just work, so I'll add that, but otherwise... you really need to find out the cause of it. See if you can find a way to MAKE it work and tell me what you did on both.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
No problem; I'll see what I can do.

Those other problems I mentioned though, aside from the shell stuff... I don't know what to do about those :S

Doomulation

Here is a new build for you.
Still dunno about that whole shell not working, but everything else was fixed.
And for the sake of it, I also included a wip of the 1.1 release. The 1.1 release is nowhere complete... and everything in it won't make it into the final 1.0 release, hence the new name.
I'll include the full archives, so extract them to seperate directories.
1.1 commands are not compatible with 1.0, so use the upgrader. It will not delete your old commands - they should still work fine with 1.0 beta release.

Last edited:
OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
The shell problem may be that my shell integration dates from an earlier version and has not been properly upgraded.

Clicking 'reset all commands' in the options box doesn't remove shell integration or restore it. The 'Keyword It!' on my context menus is essentially "hollow"; it doesn't do and isn't associated with anything, it just exists.

I need to be able to remove all old Quicklinks registry entries. Could you tell me exactly where they have all been stored in the past in all versions so I can manually remove shell integration, and everything else, and try again?

Also, the shell integration I currently have allows me to supposedly keyword stuff like the Recycle Bin, which it shouldn't...

EDIT: Log from latest release (1.0beta)

NOTE: Shell.exe was launched but the /Register switch was not present.
__argv[0]: C:\Program Files\QuickX\Shell.exe/Register
__argv[1]: C:\DOCUME~1\pcuser\Desktop\carwreck.mp3 [where I attempted to keyword a file]
__argv[2]: (null)

Last edited:

Doomulation

Hi again, Xade.
That log did the trick! I now know the problem and fixed it.
But I still find it strange... because that bug didn't affect my system, yet it did yours. It saved a bad value into the registry like so: "Path_to_shell\Shell"/Register.
On mine it works. But not yours I suppose. Anyway, fixed.

The program stores its settings under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Doom's Infested Key\Quicklinks.
Run with windows is stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Sodtware\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
And shell is stored under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Keyword It!

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
...Jesus Christ!

That's a VERY stable, usable version of Quicklinks - easily the best yet.

I'll file a proper report tomorrow (it's late and I'm tired ;P), but the *only* trouble I see so far is Quicklinks providing a 'Keyword It!' option for system files that it won't let you attribute keywords to; Recycle Bin et al.

Report to follow tomorrow morn'!

Doomulation

...And I'm afraid that I cannot change that. But I will look into in the 1.1 release, since we'll be going for a more advanced form of shell integration.
Btw, added recent command menu for 1.1 ^_^

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Oh, I didn't check the 1.1 release because I was trying to figure out the deal with 1.0. I'll check it out tonight and get back to you with an update...

Yeah, as for the shell stuff... :S there's no way to fix this in version 1.0? It's just a pity, because the rest of program now seems to work fine with the exception of that problem. Maybe... v1.1 should *become* v1.0 instead, and some of the other features you were thinking about might make it into the v1.0 release, including the fixed/different shell integration method? It just seems that otherwise, if we release it with the shell problem, it'll seem like a buggy pre-release instead of the "finished article", so to speak.

The other option is just to make a v1.0 release with the bug, and list the bug in the documentation. To me that seems a bit weird though... however long it would take, to me it makes sense just to wait on releasing 1.0 until it's sorted, even if that doesn't happen for a while yet, or you're busy with other projects etc etc.

Thoughts...?

Doomulation

My thoughts:
To fix the shell problem, I need to do a lot of COM stuff, which to tell the truth is a pain in the ass and though I'm used to it, I'm not familiar with shell integration via COM, so IT MIGHT TAKE A WHILE. Plus, I have more important things I want to do first.
It seems to me like the shell integration is working perfectly for now. It works like it should and that is all that matters.

The thing is, the reason why I made 1.1 seperate from 1.0 is that if I continue to work on the project, I add new things, which means more bugs and issues, which means a delayed release. I can't go on forever. 1.0 is stable and very rich on features, so why wait? 1.1 will be released when it's ready.

I vote for releasing 1.0 now when all bugs are fixed, and include a little note in the documentation about the whole shell issue. 1.1 is a wip still, and may bring more features but at this rate, it might be released soon, too.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Okay, in that case I'm going to leave 1.1 aside for the time being in terms of testing/reports, and instead focus on preparing v1.0 for a final release.

To do that, I'll need the very latest (and last, right?) text string list so that I can make some changes that I hope you'll be alright with (although perhaps we could release two versions of v1.0 - a private one with my text for me, and a public version with your own, if you prefer...?).

I'll modify the text, finish the readme file and prepare the icons for the program - for v1.0 it may be easiest to use some professional royalty-free icons instead, or use a pre-existant system icon in the DLL, although if not, I'll do a taskbar and folder icon myself.

So if you can hit me back with a "final" v1.0, along with the text strings, I'll get to work finishing things up ready for a release. I reckon, after that's been taken care of, we just need one last testing session (with a fair few people), then we're ready for release, right?

Doomulation

You can, if you want, try out 1.1 a little. It WILL be the next on the line, after all. But 1.0 has more priority, of course.
Below, are all the strings I could find in the program (excluding the string you see in the dialogs and "resource" stuff). It isn't the easier, of course, to find them all without browsing through the source and that's not something I'd rather do to find all strings.
Since you in charge of the icons, I'll leave the decision to you, to make it how you see fit. I'll just integrate the icons you send me.
As for the version, you have the latest of the 1.0 build. What you don't have the latest of is the 1.1 build, but let's leave that one alone for now.

Change the strings as you see fit and I'll evaluate them later and maybe modify them slightly if I don't find it fit. But I don't see a reason for two builds - does the strings really matter that much?
// means a comment (ie commented out, not used code), so you can ignore those.
So yes, the to-do:

- Modify strings.
- Finish icons.
- Finish documentation.
- Re-implememt the string that was modified.
- Last-minute testing and fixing.

And no, even if you WILL like some features of 1.1, I still won't add them for 1.0, as in this version will only fix bugs! I'll secretly continue working on 1.1 and also sometimes posting a new wonderous build of it.

I think that sums it all up.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot strings.

Code:
Find all "ErrBox", Match case, Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, "*.*"
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(225):		ErrBox("Master, you haven't entered any command!", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(273):					ErrBox("Master, I couldn't find the command you entered. Additionally, I found no similar commands either.\nPlease rephrase your command or look it up in the manage commands dialog.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(294):				ErrBox("Master, the command you entered was not found. Additionally, an error occoured when I was trying to look for similar commands. More error is in the Error log.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(308):			ErrBox("Master, an error occoured when trying to read from the registry. I couldn't execute your command, sorry.\nWindows reported:", this, hr);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(317):		ErrBox("Master, the command you are trying to execute is bad.\nThe file or folder it is referring to does not exist.\nYou should fix it in the manage commands dialog, Master.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(376):			ErrBox("Master, it appears that your system isn't configured to open the file you're trying to open.\nYou need to associate it or change your command and try again.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(386):			ErrBox("Master, I'm sorry. I couldn't execute your command: ShellExecute failed.\nShellExecute returned:", this, lResult);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(133):		ErrBox("You've selected an invalid folder, Master.\nObjects that are not part of the file system, such as the recycle bin or my network places are examples of this.\nSelect another folder or file.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(177):	ErrBox("I failed to select your command, Master. Sorry.\nMore information as to why it failed can be found in the error log.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(193):		ErrBox("Master, you need to enter a command!", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(199):		ErrBox("Master, you need to enter a file/folder or url!", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(214):					ErrBox("Sorry, Master - I was unable to find the command in the list. I will continue to add your command anyway, but the list won't be updated until you re-open the dialog.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(229):				ErrBox("Master, I could not find the file or folder that you entered.\nPlease make sure that the directory or file exists and try again.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(242):		ErrBox("I was unable to save your command, Master :(\nAn error I did not understand occoured:\n", this, (DWORD)hr);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(251):			ErrBox("Failed to add your command, Master, sorry. No idea why.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(257):		ErrBox("Master, I failed to add the command to the list, but the command was saved.\nBut I don't understand why it failed.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(270):		ErrBox("Master, you need to select the command you wish to delete first!", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(302):		/*ShowTooltip(m_ToolTip, &m_lstCommands, */ErrBox("Master, I failed to delete one or more of your commands. Sorry.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(304):	//	/*ShowTooltip(m_ToolTip, &m_lstCommands, */ErrBox("Master, I failed to remove one or more of your commands from the list. However, the commands were deleted.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(411):		ErrBox("Ack, it seems there were some access violations when trying to gather your commands, Master. I'm truly sorry, but I cannot add those.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(413):		ErrBox("Master, I'm afraid that I failed to add some of the commands you've added to the list. Can't do much about it, sorry.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(434):		ErrBox("Master, you need to enter a command!", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(440):		ErrBox("Master, you need to enter a file/folder or url!", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(453):					ErrBox("Sorry, Master - I was unable to find the command in the list. I will continue to modify your command anyway, but the list won't be updated until you re-open the dialog.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(459):				ErrBox("Master, the command you entered does not exist. It cannot be modifier. Use \"Add\" instead.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(473):				ErrBox("Master, I could not find the file or folder that you entered.\nPlease make sure that the directory or file exists and try again.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(486):		ErrBox("I was unable to save your command, Master :(\nAn error I did not understand occoured:\n", this, (DWORD)hr);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(494):			ErrBox("Master, I failed to add the command to the list, but the command was saved.\nBut I don't understand why it failed.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(717):	//		ErrBox("Master, that isn't a valid command. Please enter a valid one.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(727):	//		ErrBox("Unfortunaly, Master, I was unable to save your command. More information is available in the error log.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(213):		ErrBox("Sorry, Master, I was unable to change your preferances.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(276):			ErrBox("Some settings failed to be removed, Master. Unfortunaly this is so.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(145):			ErrBox("An error occoured when trying to read the registry. Windows reported:", GetLastError());
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(490):			ErrBox("I'm sorry, Master. I was unable to terminate the thread.\nYou will have to wait.\nError Information: ", GetLastError());
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(558):			ErrBox("Greedy, greedy Master. Quicklinks is already running; why open another instance?");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(618):		ErrBox("Failed to create Manage Commands Dialog. Terminating...");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(625):		ErrBox("Bad Manage Commands Dialog pointer aquired. Terminating...");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(641):		ErrBox("Failed to create Options Dialog. Terminating...");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(648):		ErrBox("Bad Options Dialog pointer aquired. Terminating...");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(678):		ErrBox("Ahhh, Master! Disaster, disaster! DirectInput failed to initialize!\nNow keys won't be able to be captured. That is, pressing the shortcut key to bring up the command box won't work!\nDirectInput errored:", (CWnd*)&dlg, hr);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(685):		ErrBox("Ahhh, Master! Disaster, disaster! DirectShow failed to initialize!\nNow sounds won't be able to be heard!\nDirectShow reported: ", hr);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(695):		ErrBox("Failed to create Message Loop thread for pManageDlg. Terminating...");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(702):		ErrBox("Failed to create Message Loop thread for pOptionsDlg. Terminating...");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(716):		ErrBox("Failed to create Keyboard input thread; no hotkeys will function.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(757):				ErrBox("Sorry, Master, I failed to save some information to the registry.\nNow I'm afraid that this prompt will appear next time you run the application.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(17):	void ErrBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(22):	void ErrBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow, DWORD dwError)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(26):		Global::ErrBox(strError, pWindow);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(29):	//void ErrBox(int nStringID)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(8):	void /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ ErrBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(9):	void /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ ErrBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow, DWORD dwError);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(10):	//void /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ ErrBox(int nStringID);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Shell\Shell.cpp(115):					ErrBox("Unable to register command because:\n", GetLastError());
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Dll\Global.cpp(24):	void ErrBox(const char* strMessage) 
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Dll\Global.cpp(29):	void ErrBox(const char* strMessage, DWORD dwError)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Dll\Global.cpp(33):		Global::ErrBox(strError);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Dll\Global.h(6):	void AFX_EXT_CLASS ErrBox(const char* strMessage);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Dll\Global.h(7):	void AFX_EXT_CLASS ErrBox(const char* strMessage, DWORD dwError);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Registry.cpp(273):		//ErrBox(strError);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Registry.cpp(278):		//ErrBox(IDS_UNKNOWN_ERROR);
Total found: 60    Matching files: 10    Total files searched: 137

Find all "ExclBox", Match case, Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, "*.*"
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(282):				ExclBox("Master, I was unable to find the command you specified.\nInstead, I made a list of similar commands. You can choose one from the list and press OK to execute it instead.\nClick cancel if you've changed your mind.", &dlg);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(141):			ExclBox("Master, you have added no commands, so it is pointless to execute one!\nI insist that you add some commands before trying to execute any!");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(35):	void ExclBox(const char* strMessage)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(40):	void ExclBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(11):	void /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ ExclBox(const char* strMessage);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(12):	void /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ ExclBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow);
Total found: 6    Matching files: 4    Total files searched: 137

Find all "InfoBox", Match case, Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, "*.*"
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(286):	InfoBox("Most your settings has been reset, Master. However, some, like shell integration will first be deleted when you click OK.", this);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(738):				InfoBox("Master, welcome! Hi! Since this is your first time... take some time to configure your options... and add some commands.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(45):	void InfoBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(50):	void InfoBox(const char* strMessage)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(13):	void /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ InfoBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(14):	void /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ InfoBox(const char* strMessage);
Total found: 6    Matching files: 4    Total files searched: 137

Find all "QBox", Match case, Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, "*.*"
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(210):				if (QBox("Master, this command already exists! Do you wish to overwrite it?", this) == IDNO) return;
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(222):			if (QBox("Master, there was an error when checking if the command already existed.\nIf you continue, you might overwrite an existing command!\nContinue anyway?\n\nThe reported error was:", this, hr) == IDNO) return;
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(466):			if (QBox("Master, there was an error when checking if the command already existed.\nIf you continue, you might overwrite an existing command!\nContinue anyway?\n\nThe reported error was:", this, hr) == IDNO) return;
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(485):		bAnswer = (QBox("Master, it seems the ShellExecute API is currently busy. I'm afraid that at this point, showing any dialogs is impossible.\nHowever, I can try to terminate the ShellExecute API, which would allow you to access a dialog, if it is your command.\nIs this your command, Master?") == IDYES);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command Launcher.cpp(598):			if (QBox("Uh-oh, Master. It seems I was unable to add the tray icon. You'll have to rely on the shortcuts to access my features.\nOr I could simply stop and terminate myself, if it your wish.\nMore information about why I was unable to add the tray icon can be found in the error log.\nShould I terminate?") == IDYES)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(55):	int QBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(60):	int QBox(const char* strMessage)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(65):	int QBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow, DWORD dwError)
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.cpp(69):		return Global::QBox(strMsg, pWindow);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(15):	int /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ QBox(const char* strMessage);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(16):	int /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ QBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow);
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Global.h(17):	int /*AFX_EXT_CLASS*/ QBox(const char* strMessage, CWnd* pWindow, DWORD dwError);
Total found: 12    Matching files: 4    Total files searched: 137

Find all "m_ToolTip.AddTool(", Match case, Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, "*.*"
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(96):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_txtCommand, "Enter the name of your command here, then press enter or click OK to execute it.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\Command LauncherDlg.cpp(97):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_OK), "Click here to execute your command.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(89):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_treeCommands, "Here your commands are listed, Master. Double click on a command or click the plus sign beside it to expand the command and see the details of it.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(90):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_txtCommand, "This is the name of your command.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(91):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_txtFile, "This is the path, file or url that your command will execute.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(92):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_txtArguments, "The arguments to be appended when running a program.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(93):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_txtWorkDir, "The working directory of your command. For best results, this should be set to the diretory where the program you wish to execute is located. But this could vary depending on what you're trying to execute.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(94):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON_BROWSE), "Click here to bring up the browse dialog where you can select the directory or folder you want to execute with the command.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(95):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_cmdAdd, "Adds a new command with the information you've entered.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(96):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_cmdRemove, "Removes the selected command.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\ManageCommandsDlg.cpp(97):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_cmdEdit, "Modifies the selected command, updating it with the new information you've added.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(65):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_chkStartWithWindows, "Master, if you check this option, this application will start when windows starts.\n\nRecommended: Preference");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(66):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_chkRegisterWithShell, "Master, if you check this option, a command named \"Register\" will appear on the context menu of every file. Selecting it allow you to register a command with that file or folder.\n\nBut remember, Master! This option will appear on every file, and with files where there is no command associated, this will become the default command!\n\nRecommended: No");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(67):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_chkUseSounds, "Master, check this check if you want to hear the wonderful and amusing sound effects used by the application!\n\nRecommended: Preference");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(68):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_chkChangeShortcuts, "Master, click here if you want to change the shortcuts used by the application.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(69):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_chkResetSettings, "Master, click here to reset all the settings to their default. Remember, Master, that you cannot undo this, so choose carefully! This will also delete all your previously added commands. Again, these cannot be recovered, Master!\nPlease be careful.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(70):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_MODIFIER_NONE), "Master, if you check this, you simply have to press the button you have chosen to launch the specified shortcuts.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(71):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_MODIFIER_CTRL), "Master, if you check this, you need to hold down the CTRL button and press the shortcut key to use the shortcuts.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(72):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_MODIFIER_ALT), "Master, if you check this, you need to hold down the ALT button and press the shortcut key to use the shortcuts.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(73):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_MODIFIER_SHIFT), "Master, if you check this, you need to hold down the SHIFT button and press the shortcut key to use the shortcuts.");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(74):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_cmdOK, "Master, you nutcake! You click here to save your settings!");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(75):	m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_cmdCancel, "Master, you nutcake! You click here to discard your settings!");
F:\w00t\Visual Studio Projects\Command Launcher\Snapshot\1.0\OptionsDlg.cpp(243):			m_ToolTip.AddTool(&m_chkRegisterWithShell, "ERROR: Shell.exe was not found in the application's directory.\nWithout it, shell integration is not possible.");
Total found: 23    Matching files: 3    Total files searched: 137

Last edited: