• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
4real

4real

Updated Faq :

Seem's there might be some issues with pj64 1.6 and 1.5.2 as ScottJC has had a few problems in the TNT area.

If you want to play this game with no problems i would use the 1964 setup unless you are testing the game for smith's new rdb.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yeah, it seems 1964 0.8.5 is the only core without problems.

1964 0.9.9 would be perfectly fine if it weren't for that nasty fire egg issue.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
can i just get confirmation of something?

jabo's d3d8 v1.6 plugin in 1964 - does not hang?
rice' plugin in pj64 app v1.6 - does hang?

thanks muchly

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Jabo's d3d8 v1.6 doesn't seem to crash, so yeah thats a fair assumption, Banjo-tooie doesn't have any audio pausing briefly as in project64 either, that got on my nerves.

Can't say about rices plugin, its not as good in this game, anyway.

OP
4real

4real

Smiff said:
can i just get confirmation of something?

jabo's d3d8 v1.6 plugin in 1964 - does not hang?
rice' plugin in pj64 app v1.6 - does hang?

thanks muchly

d3d8 v1.6 does not hang in 1964 and rice plug in hangs in pj64 v1.6.

But i have not had one crash or hang since using a save from 1964 in pj64 v1.6 using d3d8 1.6 plugin.

Game is working a treat.

ggab

Emutalk Member
ok and thanks :)

4real: u are the main user behind Banjo ;) keep up your nice work making the FAQs

OP
4real

4real

Thanx ggab will be working on the glide plugin for my next update as mupen and glide seems to be getting good results.

New Update at last.

Whats new :

1: Added a version number.
2: Seem to have got pj64 running with no crashes and problems with a fix and workaround, so added the fix to faq.

Would like some feedback on the fix and if it works on other peoples system.

enjoy

Last edited:

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
4real said:
Thanx ggab will be working on the glide plugin for my next update as mupen and glide seems to be getting good results.

New Update at last.

Whats new :

1: Added a version number.
2: Seem to have got pj64 running with no crashes and problems with a fix and workaround, so added the fix to faq.

Would like some feedback on the fix and if it works on other peoples system.

enjoy

sounds good. ive been wondering what game to play now I know. I'm gonna load it up using your fix and play to the end. ill let you know how it turns out.

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
ok.... is this part of the workaround? i put the EEP in my PJ64 saves folder and now I can't load Banjo Tooie in Project64. I deleted the EEP, reinstalled PJ64, and tried all versions of my Banjo Tooie roms all good dumps. what happened?

Edit: I got it working, got to playing. Everything was fine for awhile, played for over an hour. Area I am in is Mayahem Temple. Apon leaving Mumbo's skull after transforming into him, the game froze. I reloaded the ROM, played for about 20 minutes and froze again after accessing the flight pad. Both freezes occured using Jabo's 3D8 1.6. So I reloaded the game, this time with Jabo's 1.5.2, and I got a freeze not long after while inside the Treasure Chamber. Still no freezes on Jabo's 1.5.

What plugin did you use while testing? I am gonna keep changing plugins after every freeze.

Edit Again: After recieving the error I forgot to update the RDB to Beta13. I am gonna try again and see if this helps.

Last edited:
OP
4real

4real

Thanx for the feedback bighead.

Faq has been updated with the new issues.

Seems on some setups the problem of copy protection failure happens to fix this just install a new version of pj64.

On my test on ati cards i did have a diffrent setup that i forgot this is :

pj64 1.6 gfx ( if yo have high performance pc rice plugin works well with ati)
Using Mupens Rsp with process alist by rsp defined plugin and use azimer hle audio v0.55.1 alpha in the box.
Beta 13 RDB

For best results its best to use a fresh install of pj64

Last edited:

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I now have 16 jiggys and no crashes. It seems your fix makes the game very stable when it comes to crashing. The only issue I still suffer is the game randomly freezing, even after trying all of your fixes in the FAQ. This may be a problem with my computer only, and seems to happen no matter what plugin I use. If I discover why it's doing it, I'll let you know.

Edit: BTW, I added your FAQ to Banjo Tooie in my list (which I've been working on pretty consistently lately, and is looking sweet). You can view it HERE, just scroll down to Banjo Tooie and a link can be found. Great work on finding this fix :bouncy:.

Last edited:
OP
4real

4real

Thanx bighead nice work on the list.

How often does it freeze and how long can you play it for before it freeze on ya?

Does it tend to freeze when u collecting something like the book pages ?

Have you tried the 1964 8.5 version config ?

Im looking into the freeze issues you having at the mo but need some info :-

What plugins are u using ?

GFx, sound, controls,

OP
4real

4real

New update :
Azimer's HLE v.0.56 WIP 1 and WIP 2 seem very unstable for banjo tooie and cause's the game to freeze a lot.(this info has been added to FAQ)

xamenus

Just thought I'd comment that I've been playing this game with PJ64 v1.6 w/ Smiff's RDB BETA 13. I started a fresh game with Jabo's 1.5.2, and as expected got random crashes (they don't occur very often, though). I switched to Glide64 v0.8 w/ eVoodoo 3.99 beta and got a crash about 30 min. into the game, in Grunty Industries.

A few weeks earlier, I transferred my game to 1964, then used the 1964 SRAM in PJ and IIRC I still got a crash. :( Sorry that I can't remember more details, my memory fails me at the moment...

So I'm just wanting to make sure that this is a core issue rather than a video issue.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Use this setup, 1964 0.8.5, mupens rsp (found with mupen), schibos audio 1.2 (found with 1964 0.9.9) and jabos direct3d 1.6 (in project64 1.6), any input plugin. this is the only stable setup i've ever found.

Mupens rsp has to be there because BT won't boot in 0.8.5 otherwise.

I'd tell you to use 0.9.9 but the fire egg has collision probs in it whereas 0.9.9 doesn't

(Don't copy saves from project64, the saves are the reason for the crashes (believe it or not) you must start a new game in 0.8.5)

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heard some reports that game is stable in pj64 after using native save from 1964.. sounds unlikely but, if someone could provide such a save or info on how to create one that would be appreciated.

also new RDB is out 1.6.014 should be no changes for BanjoT from BETA13, so please up your recommendation to that (unless you know otherwise)

OP
4real

4real

Smiff said:
heard some reports that game is stable in pj64 after using native save from 1964.. sounds unlikely but, if someone could provide such a save or info on how to create one that would be appreciated.

also new RDB is out 1.6.014 should be no changes for BanjoT from BETA13, so please up your recommendation to that (unless you know otherwise)

I have a save on the first page on this thread to download.

I have tested this for over 6 months and did not have a single crash in test using diffrent system configs using pre-set settings.

Please note it has to be a 1964 eep save and version 8.5 seems to work the best.

Here's how to make your own eep save :

1: Install 1964 v 8.5
2: Start Banjo tooie.
3: Go into saves folder in 1964 dir
4: copy the eep and rename BANJO TOOIE.eep
5: Place into Pj64 save folder in dir.

That it all done.

xamenus

ScottJC said:
(Don't copy saves from project64, the saves are the reason for the crashes (believe it or not) you must start a new game in 0.8.5)
That's too bad, I really don't want to start a new game, I'm all the way at Grunty Industries. :( I guess I'll have to accept the random pauses and save the state often.

Or, what if I did this:

1. Delete all Banjo-Tooie SRAM data for 1964 0.8.5 and 0.9.9.
2. Create a PJ64 savestate with your current progress and load it in 1964 0.9.9. Now make an 0.8.5 savestate in 0.9.9.
3. Load this savestate in 0.8.5. Save your game normally, and 0.8.5 will create a new eep file.
4. Copy this new eep file into PJ's save folder, and rename as necessary.
5. Load Banjo-Tooie in PJ as normal and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
4real

4real

IceFox said:
That's too bad, I really don't want to start a new game, I'm all the way at Grunty Industries. :( I guess I'll have to accept the random pauses and save the state often.

Or, what if I did this:

1. Delete all Banjo-Tooie SRAM data for 1964 0.8.5 and 0.9.9.
2. Load a PJ64 savestate with my current progress in 1964 0.9.9, and let 1964 generate a new, fresh SRAM. Make an 0.8.5 savestate at this point in 0.9.9 as well.
3. Load this SRAM in OR the savestate in 0.8.5.

This may work.

Try and make a copy of the eep in pj64 and rename it the same name in 1964 save folder, then copy it over then click yes to replace.(this may work but not tested myself).