Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
4real

4real

Another place you can have a nice crash like the tnt area is when collecting the spell pages.as it seems the game has to save at this point everytime you get one(but this is randome as well).

CF2

Pretends to make sense
ScottJC told me to post in this thread regarding a crash I experienced in PJ64 using the latest RDB and fixed EEP.
The thread referenced:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=35920
In summary, it appears that even with all these fixes/workarounds enabled, Banjo-Tooie is still not completely stable in PJ64. I was able to crash the game by attempting to open two worlds without exiting the temple. PJ64 froze when loading the second jigsaw puzzle. This may or may not be related to me running the game with Counter Factor 1, which really should be supported as it allows gameplay to be a lot less choppy. I will see if I can reproduce this crash and post a savestate right before it.

OP
4real

4real

Thanx for the info cf2 im looking into at the mo, a save would be great if you can.

A little more info as well please :

What point in the game does it crash in the world?

Does it crash in the same place ?

Are you using any cheats ?

Does it crash at CF2 with the same settings?

What drivers are you using for ya graphics card?

This info will help a lot.

Many thanx 4real

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
It crashed at Jiggywiggy's temple when loading the third jigsaw puzzle (second in a row). No cheats. This crash is starting to look like a fluke though. I went through Glitter Gulch Mine and it was rock stable, even in the FPS segment. I'm continuing my little investigation of these settings through Witchyworld, If it crashes again I will have a savestate close to it. I personally think that there is a very slight chance of this crash every time you enter/exit and area and that PJ64 handles the transition fine about 95% of the time. If I encounter another crash, you will certainly be the first to know.

Oh yeah, and I'm using ForceWare version 84.37, which is known for its speed and stability.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Thats the biggest problem, the crashes are often random and hard to catch out, does it crash on CF2 or just CF1 for you?

OP
4real

4real

well looks like you fount something there cf2.

After doing testing with your config there seems a slight crash problem with CF1 and 1.6 gfx plugins.

It does seem to random crash on the jigsaw puzzle,to fix this i used the old 1.5 gfx plugin and there seems to be no more crashing at this point.

Your find will be added to the faq cf2

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Thanks, I appreciate your fast response. I am glad someone else encountered this, as it only happened to me once.

Milkrosoft

I'm confused so I have some questions. Is it the save file that becomes corrupt or is it a bug in PJ64? Is there a way to check if my save file is corrupt? I think I have had Banjo-Tooie freeze a couple of times but stuff like that happens with a lot of my games running on PJ64.

Last edited:
OP
4real

4real

Hi milkrosoft,

The problem is that Pj64 seem's to have problems when it save's with banjo tooie(and it save's a lot with this game.)

This problem is not every game just banjo tooie(and maybe a few others), if you are having major problems with freezing with pj64 u might have a diffrent problem.

Check out the faq and find the best setup for your computer but 1964 v8.5 is the most stable for this game.

If you try the workaround you will lose everything in your game

Milkrosoft

How about finding out if my save is bad? I have only had maybe three freezes during normal gameplay and I have about 50 jiggies right now. Is there a way to check if it is corrupt? I did not see anything in the FAQ about that.

OP
4real

4real

Easy way to find if you have a problem with your save is to go where it crashed last and see if it crashes at the same point everytime.

Most the time if the game crashes you can just reboot pj64 and start where it crashed before with no problems.

You can transfer your save over to 1964 v8.5 and play the rest of the game or play the game as you are and put up with the random crashes.

There are points in the game where it can crash a lot like the tnt mine.

OP
4real

4real

Update:

Chat box is now on the site if you feel like talking one to one about ya banjo problems or just to have a talk.

OP
4real

4real

New update :

The site chat box is getting a lot of spam so it has been taken down for now.

The site is still being updated but not as much at the moment due to real life.