What's new

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

death--droid

Awesome man, thanks!

How's it coming along? Any new news today?

Do you know about DXT/DDS support? I could help by explaining how awesome it is and what it does/can do. Jabo uses it. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, do you know if it is possible?

@DD: I'm not sure if an SVN with incorrect spelling is a good idea. It will probably cause confusion and crap over time. Why can you not make a new one?

Jay

Well i made it did an upload and stuffed it up.
So i can't get one of the required directories to upload.

gitech

N64 Artist
Which ones the new alpha?

Hi dd,

Microdev made me a quick and rough build to try out with the CRC slowdown bug fixed.

I have to get him an upload of certain textures together and he needs more time to make it ready for release.

It works, no slowdown, but it's not ready for release yet.

TTYL,
Jay

Last edited:

Cyberman

Yep.

Sure have.
Be sure to at least quote the person you are responding too!
LOL context can be lost quite easily if you aren't careful.

Looks like Bounty source recovered the data it had killed last year in January 2008 or Dec 2007. You may want to do a diff between that and the source Aristotle has et al. A tar ball, zip archive or whatever of that source might be good. Don't know if mudlord still has his account there. Hmmm.

Cyb

Lesch

First off, hello forum and thank you Aristotle for continuing the legacy of this excellent video plugin :flowers:

Now to the point: attempting to load a game with Project64 1.6 when "Write Back & Reload" is set for "N64 Frame Buffer Emulation" (the tab that particular setting is set at, be it "Game Default Options" or "Current Game Options" seems completely irrelevant) results in an automatic video.dll-related crash as soon as the emulation process starts.

The only way for me to use "Write Back & Reload" is switching to it when the game is already running. When I'm done playing a game, I change "N64 Frame Buffer Emulation" to something else before closing Project64 so it doesn't crash again.

I also noticed that unchecking "Hide Advanced Options" requires Rice's menu to be restarted for the "Game Default Options" tab to unlock. It' would be nice if you didn't have to press "OK" and open Rice's menu again to gain access to it.

Finally, the menu (start button) for Animal Forest (Doubutsu No Mori) looks so bad it's almost unusable. I can live with framebuffer lag though.

My system specs, for what they're worth.

. NVIDIA Geforce 6200 256mb + Forceware 94.24
. Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
. 3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
. 16 kilobyte primary memory cache
. 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
. 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory
. Slot 'DIMM0' has 512 MB
. Slot 'DIMM1' has 512 MB
. Board: 775i65G.
. Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
. BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P3.20 05/28/2007
. The OS, DirectX and everything the Rice plugin relies on is up to date.

The board didn't allow me to upload the crash log Windows reported, but I'm pretty certain it'd be useless anyways.

Last edited:

vinipsmaker

C/C++ programmer, emacs user
Actually i think i just found mudlords newer svn

https://ricevideo.bountysource.com/svn/!tree/52#svn0_4
EDIT:
Yep I'm pretty sure it is.
It has hQxS ect.

EDIT2:

Amazing i found Mudlords long lost source code.

EDIT3:

The svn checkout is

http://svn.bountysource.com/ricevideo/

EDIT4:
I think i know what might be causing some problems with computer....
I think its the SDK

Thanx, dd. I see in the doc folders in seems really is the version 6.1.2, but you said you found the last version source code mudlord rice video. Is the same svn?

Last edited:

death--droid

Thanx, dd. I see in the doc folders in seems really is the version 6.1.2, but you said you found the last version source code mudlord rice video. Is the same svn?

Trust me,It's the newer one not 6.1.2

EDIT:

Cyberman,
I'll upload the source code in a minute :)

Last edited:

vinipsmaker

Last edited:

vinipsmaker

Last edited:

vinipsmaker

I'm sorry, DD. Then ALL (or some parts of) work did by Aristotle, Microdev and you in this new plugin will be remade in the lastest Mudlord Rice Video. Right, or wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.