What's new

Anyone tried NICE64 - ICE64 emulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokefan just posted this on the emulation64.fr forums. See i.imgur.com/BaMsl.png and emulation64.fr/?page=forum1&action=voir&topic=31671

Pokefan999 said:
MyGlide64 will not be released to the public unless that greedy developer release his current emulator to the public. Trying to ride on others effort while collecting donation and keeping it closed from the public is selfish.

death--droid

Now that just really pisses me off, if hese refering to Zilmar he should get his bloody straights fact, Zilmars almost single handly created Project64 by himself, and his new rewrite (if you have viewed the code like i have) has had an amazing amount of work put into it, almost all the code has been redone over from 1.6 to make it more stable, faster and more compatible, and when I or someone else finally gets around to it, it should be much better for synched netplay thanks to all his work. So to go say that hese riding on others efforts of others effort is just plain and utter wrong, and like Pokefan999 can talk, hese riding on on all of Gonetz's, koolsmokys and mudlords hard work.

^if someone can post that on that emulation64.fr topic i would be thankful, it wont let me login

Last edited:

death--droid

Yeah exactly, sorry I didn't include you in my ran t xD I had forgotten who else had worked on it, went to the svn for it to check

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Pokefan999 said:
MyGlide64 will not be released to the public unless that greedy developer release his current emulator to the public. Trying to ride on others effort while collecting donation and keeping it closed from the public is selfish.

Umm, if you donated you would have the current release there is nothing selfish about it.
That developer has done more work for the n64 emulation scene then anyone of this decade has or will ever come close to doing.

Keep your damn plugin.

DETOMINE

Since you mentioned it, I will just do that.
If you guys want the plugin source, you can approach NES_player4LIFE and ask him for it. :)
Dude, this message is 3 months old!
You have serious mental problems, now why don't you go enjoy yourself with the persons who actually care about your pirated piece of software?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
The emulator is currently called STX64 and can be found here https://sites.google.com/site/stx64home/home

The GUI is very unstable and crashes often but the myglide64 video plugin is one of the best currently available and can be used with project64 and 1964, it even fixes stupid bugs that can be found in the final build of glide64, like creation of a corrupted texture cache where all textures are blue-colored in zelda oot highrez textures.

Pokefan did not fix that at all
the issue you are referring to is caused by a bad build of the glidehq dll, all of emucr's dll's have this issue.

the glidehq in either of the glide64 finals does not have this problem.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Since you mentioned it, I will just do that.
If you guys want the plugin source, you can approach NES_player4LIFE and ask him for it. :)

Please disregard ACE64 as I have not seen this code nor do I wish to.

In my option any member that calls any PJ64 Dev (cough) Zilmar (cough) "greedy" and "selfish" has no right to look a any N64 emulator, ever!
Zilmar has done more work on the Emulation of N64 than any one of these new kids will ever dream of, ACE64 should hope to have half of the developing skill that the seasoned members of this forum have.

Emulators are developed by the developers not for monetary value but as a service to those less skilled, that being said; they do this only as a hobby.
How dare anyone call the first gen dev team of any emulator "greedy"?!?!?
See That It Does Not Happen Again!

Warning to trolls:
Trolls tend to get despised around here.

Remote

I think most emutalk members realize why we can sit down into a couch, plug in the adaptoid and play mario kart w/o the real n64 console and that is's alot of hard work getting there.

To emulate mario kart, not the couch :p

squall_leonhart

The general thing about clowns who take open source work and reshack or make modifications to the source without providing changes, is that they get ignored pretty damn quickly, or labelled as malware distributors.

Rumours as to why a person would want to hide his changes to GPL code generally run wild.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I think most emutalk members realize why we can sit down into a couch, plug in the adaptoid and play mario kart w/o the real n64 console and that is's alot of hard work getting there.

To emulate mario kart, not the couch :p

Is the couch.rar full of padding?
Has it been released yet?
I want to download the couch do I have to pay?
I'm not paying that much to seat test some c++ code!!!
How come this couch has holes, rips and tears in it, for $20USD I should be getting the 2015 LazyBoy Gtx 7000 Wonder Sofa!!!
:angry:

F

Fanatic 64

Is the couch.rar full of padding?
No

Has it been released yet?
Yes

I want to download the couch do I have to pay?
Yes

I'm not paying that much to seat test some c++ code!!!
Too bad.

How come this couch has holes, rips and tears in it, for $20USD I should be getting the 2015 LazyBoy Gtx 7000 Wonder Sofa!!!
:angry:
#DealWithIt

squall_leonhart

Pokefan999 (Aka pokemaniacs) has never complied with the source release requirements for any of his "forks" for any of his "projects".

These include
  • 1964mod (includes myglide64)
  • Ice64 (same 1964mod with a new name
  • Nice64 (same as above)

All of the above have had public releases, they were hosted out of Google sites at the following addresses

https://sites.google.com/site/pkmnsn64
https://sites.google.com/site/1964mod

There is no doubt in my mind that you would have to be a gullible idiot to think he would let you have the source for ace64 even if you did contribute as a tester/source contributor.

As such, i can only conclude that his changes are completely bullcrap or the files he distributes are malware in general.

Can i request that the administration respond in turn by outright refusing to support these emulators and / or direct users to download emulators that are not violating the source license they are distributed under.

Last edited:
Judging from the last public release of 1964mod/NICE64/ICE64 (emucr.com/2012/10/ice64-v37-beta.html), it appears that pokefan isn't only just violating 1964's GPL license. Here is a list of open source plugins he is violating.

- Glide64, under the name of "MyGlide64". Original developers: dave2001, Gugaman, Gonetz, KoolSmoky. License: GPLv2
- Glitch64, under the name of "MyGlide3x". Original developers: hacktarux, mudlord, ziggy, KoolSmoky. License: GPLv2
- N-Rage, under the name of "ICE64Input 3.7". Original developer: N-Rage. 2.0 Developers: squall-leonhart, rabiddeity. 2.0 Contributor: MadManMark. License: GPLv2
- 1964 Audio, under the name of "ICE64 Audio version 4.2". Original developers: schibo, Gerrit. License: GPLv2

Also, pokefan has replaced schibo's original copyright in the about page, with his own copyright (imgur.com/3nncxWj.png). I don't believe this is legal, as GPL requires the original developer's copyright to remain, even after forking (stackoverflow.com/questions/4475319/how-to-rebrand-copyright-a-forked-project-gnu-gpl).

It's hilarious when you see this behavior coming from pokefan, who claims zilmar is 'greedy', 'selfish' and 'riding on others effort'.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

nice digging you've done their Mr. Textures :D

You forgot one person for the input plugin, the manhimself, N-rage!

This edit is better

- N-Rage, under the name of "ICE64Input 3.7". Original developers: N-Rage. 2.0 Developers, squall-leonhart, rabiddeity. 2.0 Contributors MadManMark. License: GPLv2

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

He also included the RSP plugin from Project64 1.6, which at least wasn't allowed at the time ICE64 was released.

User Manual said:
You may NOT repackage Project64 (add, remove, alter files) without the authors' permission - this INCLUDES distribution of Jabo's and Zilmar's plugins seperately - they are a part of Project64. It's also best for users if they get the complete package and documentation. You are welcome to distribute the original archive as long as you do not charge for it.

squall_leonhart

Pokefan999 is freaking toolbag. On his NICE64 site, it says "Do not ask for source codes to be released." Are you Serious? Considering 1964 is GPL licensed, it is illegal not to release the modified source. Further more, his modifications result in nothing but an unstable mess that's good for nothing. Hardly NICE; should be called JUCK64.

Well, there you have it.

Zuzma

It wont do much good just finding the guy when he pops up in a new place. You'd have to find out who he is in real life to put on any kind of pressure which probably will never happen. Though I have to admit it would be pretty funny if it did happen.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

We are working on it, we have ascertained several people who he might be and have a general lead on his current country.

If we lodged a complaint through FSF, they could probably find out exactly who he is pretty quickly by tracking him back to his ISP and getting a court order to release his personal identifying information (Or his parents, as some of our leads point to him being a minor)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.