What's new

animal forest translation?

Quvack

I've been experimenting with pointers within the rom today and found how to add a bit more room for some english script which could be kinda useful ;) so I'll see what else I can do :)

PuNnIsShEr

any updat on the patch?

i could really use it right about now :bouncy:

anyone there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonah

Same here. I'm really looking forward to this patch. Do you have any kind of estimate on how long it might take? I know these things can't be rushed, but do you think it would be done by 2006?

Quvack

I've no idea how long a release version would take, the 'project' has mostly just been me researching into rom hacking and what kinda things I can do to learn some tricks, the goal was never to translate the entire game, if you know the game you'd know how huge of a script the game has, and the differences between the Japanese and the English scripting is huge from what the original translators had said, and they had access to the source and stuff like that, they didnt have to reverse engineer how parts of the games work and find room to fit various parts of the script, annddd they had a knowledge of both languages, where I have no idea of Japanese lol, I might just release a patch with the intro and some of the basic down stuff/menu's translated and my documentation, but we'll see :)

Quvack

Nope, its not in a state where I'd be happy releasing anything, still buggy with some things which need sorting out, I havent had a chance to clean the hacks or documentation up, too busy with that whole real life thing.

PuNnIsShEr

ok but keep me up to date :)

i gusse i don't need the patch nomore i bought a gamecube a week ago but i would still like to have the translation :)
so i don't have to go out looking for animal crossing
thx :)

so any update?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
A desperate fan I assume, you don't need to post three times in a row and Quvack is not doing it just for you, after all. Relax and give him time.

Quvack

Lol its nice people are interested but as I've said many times its just something so I can learn a bit more about rom hacking and stuff, it was never intended to be a translation of the full game, I hope people dont expect that much :p its just not possible with the size of this game and no knowledge of Japanese!

PuNnIsShEr

for one i know hes not doing it for and two i said i didnt really need it anymore because i have just boughten a gamecube and animal crossing
but i still wouldnt mind haveing it.

well just post it when your done :)
thx

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss i just got the game on gae cube today i no longer need the patch :D

Quvack

snesmaster40 said:
Hmmm... couldn't this project be done by texture modding?

I made a VPW2 translation mod, and I did most of the things appart from the textures that weren't texturable.
http://img231.echo.cx/img231/1519/vpw2translationproject55tm.jpg

Some parts could be done, but only things like the intro screen and a few tile based headings in the game, the majority of the script is in pure text, and there's already an english font in the rom so that doesn't really need changing.

Last edited:

metalsonic

I just recently joined EmuTalk, and have been reading your animal forest post and translation project. Keep up the great work that you are doing, I own Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, but it would be nice to play it anywhere on my laptop. I can guess on what to do on the japanese text, but sometimes it just gets to be frustrating. Keep up the good work though!
-metalsonic

Last edited: