What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Alizaid's Super Smash Bros. texture pack for Link's and 1P mode stages

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

Removed the google image icon and fixed issues with the roof tiling:

View attachment 36924View attachment 36925
View attachment 36926

This is what I'm talking about background textures being divided into strips.
Take a look:

View attachment 36927

It's only 6 pixels high, so I can only enlarge to 36 pixels high. It's going to be a real pain finding the background textures for Link's stage in the dump folder unless someone either attachs them or just tells me the name of the textures.
That background texture above is either Mario's or Link's stage in Training mode just to let you know.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
yeah, paper mario has these and the title screen is the same... I have yet to tackle them.. xD

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
This is what I'm talking about background textures being divided into strips.
Take a look:

It's only 6 pixels high, so I can only enlarge to 36 pixels high. It's going to be a real pain finding the background textures for Link's stage in the dump folder unless someone either attachs them or just tells me the name of the textures.
That background texture above is either Mario's or Link's stage in Training mode just to let you know.

Almost all games have textures like that, and most have it worse. Like the planet icons in starfox 64 on the lylat ystem screen: They are not only made of strips, but they are animated. That means that each frame was dumped into individual strips, making a HUGE amount of textures that would be impossible to rearrange. A lot of larger text (like the logo) were shredded into 1 pixel high trips too. Also, I think Majora's mask's map image was shredded too.

Just ignore them or run them through a batch automate, because doing it by hand would be annoying unless there are only a few strips.

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

Yeah, I'm not going to do the background because of how many strips of textures are in it. This also means that I 'm not going to replace the icon.

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

Before I go on retexturing other stages, are there any other adjustments I need to make.

Last edited:

Datadayne

Yeah, I'm not going to do the background because of how many strips of textures are in it. This also means that I 'm not going to replace the icon.

Its not impossible to do. You just need patience. It only took me about 3 hours to do a background for one stage.

Before I go on retexturing other stages, are there any other adjustments I need to make.

I dont think so. It looks ok to me. What stage are you dooing next?

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

I'll be doing the Polygon Stage, the Metal Mario stage and the Master Hand stage since not much people are doing those stages.

Datadayne

An emboss effect might look good for this theme. But remmember to change the color back to gold if you do run it through emboss.