What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
I was a bit tired of looking Hyrule Castle over and over again, so I decided to rework the menus today. I remade most menu text from scratch (I found a font which looks very similar to the original one, look at the 'e's, for example).

Also, some work done in the VS Record section.

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Poobah said:
Could you give us a download link?
I'll upload the new texture pack soon, including all the textures I've been working with these days. Just be patient. :plain:

optimus$prime

hi i am back!

i'm back with a texture request:

i found the textures but they do not work
maybe something went wrong when dumping
can someone upload the correct textures?

Last edited:

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
C0bra said:
how do u dump all this stuff into the game? itd really help me out, because i love SSB and play it all the time.
sorry to have to quote myself, but the stuff u guys have been doing is super-sweet, and i still dont know enough about this stuff to be able to dump it without any help.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
hi i am back!

i'm back with a texture request:

i found the textures but they do not work
maybe something went wrong when dumping
can someone upload the correct textures?

I see. It seems to be one of "those" textures, you know, the textures that don't replicate but stretch over the entire surface. If that's the case, there's nothing you can do for now. :( Anyways, try dumping with 6.1.1beta2 if you didn't before.

Btw, I found something strage with the textures below. For some reason, they are causing major slowdowns here. The Yoshi face (yeah it sucks) seems to cause problems only when playing at Yoshi's stage in 1P Mode (maybe due to the continuous color palette changes?). Not so important textures, just a comment. :huh:

PD: Optimus, check your PM plz :phone:

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
C0bra said:
sorry to have to quote myself, but the stuff u guys have been doing is super-sweet, and i still dont know enough about this stuff to be able to dump it without any help.

Do you want to dump the textures for editing or just play with the hires texture packs? :huh:

For both cases, I suggest you go to the following thread:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=26229

Anyways, to use the hires textures, you need to unzip/unrar the packs provided before in the plugin folder (in a subfolder called "hires_texture" that you may need to create). Also, you need to enable "Load hi-res textures if available" in the video plugin configuration (available since Rice's Video 6.1.0).

ryanraab

C:\Program Files\1964\099\plugin\hires_texture\SMASH BROTHERS put them in that folder which you will have to create.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Finally, I considered it was time for another release, so v0.2 is now available :)

There are lots of new textures in this release, making about 520 in total. Also, optimus$prime's textures are merged into the project, so you don't even need to download the texture packs separately :happy:

You can grab the new files at the first page of this thread.
Note that the alternative Hyrule Castle background is not included.

Please look at the included readme before installing.

The screenshots below show some hires textures (NOTE: JPEGs).
I hope you like this new release! :bouncy:

optimus$prime

info about planet zebes which is included in the pack:

there are not all textures of the stage included (if you can find the missing ones please upload them); don't forget that the textures are in ci so do not expect too much; i know that the lava needs more work; maybe i going to work on the background sometime but not yet;
i need comments!

it a pleasure to work with you, _pm_! :happy:
great work on your new textures!

Last edited:

Poobah

Can't you upload it as a whole RAR file rather than a split up one? I'm pretty sure the admin. allowed 8MB attachments for RAR files.

Nin_10_Dough

I like what I'm seeing here..............except for the character selection screen. It looks like something from a lame game maker knock off. Very much out of place. I think recreating them would produce a much better result.

ah well, no one is forcing me to use them. Keep up the good work! :bouncy:

Any character textures being worked on?

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Kyo said:
I thank you for the awesome work! It is awesome indeed.
You're welcome. And thanks for your support! :)

Poobah said:
Can't you upload it as a whole RAR file rather than a split up one? I'm pretty sure the admin. allowed 8MB attachments for RAR files.
Sure I can. If everybody prefer a whole RAR rather than a split up one, I'll do it for the next release.

Nin_10_Dough said:
I like what I'm seeing here..............except for the character selection screen. It looks like something from a lame game maker knock off. Very much out of place. I think recreating them would produce a much better result.
Actually, I thought about recreating some parts of the character selection screen, specially the players "spots", and "Stock/Time" bars which seem to need major treatment. I don't promise anything for the next release, but I'll remake them sometime.
Btw, it's pretty hard to recreate the characters pictures with their "original appearance". Plus, there were no major complains about the new ones, so I don't think it's in optimus$prime's plans redoing those textures.

Nin_10_Dough said:
Any character textures being worked on?
It would be nice to start working with character textures, but most of them are causing glitches with the current state of the plugin, so unfortunately the answer is no :(
EDIT: It seems that Rice's Video 6.1.1beta3 fixed the problem.

C0bra said:
thats awesome! love the new pics u added, tho can u make some for the vs mode pictures?
Thanks. If you want screenshots from vs mode, the first pic of my previous post is one of them, maybe I didn't understand? :huh:

Last edited:

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
_pm_ said:
Thanks. If you want screenshots from vs mode, the first pic of my previous post is one of them, maybe I didn't understand? :huh:

i think he meant the screen that appears just before a battle. where it says like "Kirby VS Link"

Nin_10_Dough

This picture is pretty close to the original pose in the game for Mario's character select icon. Of course it would need some work done to it.
sm64ost.jpg

My gripe about the character selection screen is that those icons don't even match each other, much less the game. If the color scheme of those matched the original a bit better, I'd be less skeptical. They are too bright.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash optimus$prime's work. Consider it constructive criticism.

optimus$prime

Nin_10_Dough said:
This picture is pretty close to the original pose in the game for Mario's character select icon. Of course it would need some work done to it.
My gripe about the character selection screen is that those icons don't even match each other, much less the game. If the color scheme of those matched the original a bit better, I'd be less skeptical. They are too bright.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash optimus$prime's work. Consider it constructive criticism.

that's great
i want comments i said; thx

yes i'm not happy with the character icons. i also said that it's not final. but i don't think that the appearence is the problem. it's the style they are created. some of them look like from a comic others look like rendered. it's hard to find hires pictures of these characters that are created from same artist with same style.

your pic from me is way too small
if you can get a bigger one i would replace it for the next release...

but thx for comment

Last edited: