What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

pistolapete

Hey guys, I have an issue that I've been trying to fix.

I'm using mupen64plus-core, glide64mk2, ricevideo & m64py on OSX.
I've been able to load the textures successfully, but there's an issue.

If the video extension box is disabled, the games loads with textures, but I will not be able to control any input.
If the video extension box is enabled, I end up with most of the screen blank white, but I do have control of input.

I'm guessing the video extension is have conflict issues with my graphics card, but why does it effect being able to control input and any thoughts on how to fix the issue?

I can also give you my output log if you need it.

Thanks! :)

oneill25

Hi, I have a problem with majora's mask and the lens of truth. (maybe you know what is the problem).I wanted to ask you if there's a solution without change the plugin. thanks

NeedCoffee

FØrum Troll
Majora's Mask
Well, Djipi's pack doesn't completely work with NTSC, and bluedart's pack doesn't appear to work completely with PAL. Bluedart's pack isn't a dat file, so it's a bit easier to fix for PAL if you need to do that I guess. Djipi won't allow anyone to fix his pack to work on NTSC and distribute the fix. :facepalm: So what can you do? I had already started my playthrough on the NTSC version since it worked with bluedart's pack. Then I wanted to try the cell shaded, but it doesn't display properly (some missing textures). My NTSC save state won't load in the PAL version, so I'd have to start over to use Djipi's pack, which I'm not going to do. Then I discovered that if I save my game at the owl in the NTSC game, I can load that save from the menu in the PAL game. The save states weren't compatible from what I can tell, but the real/actual game saves seem to work fine. So I guess I'll just do it that way if I want to switch between texture packs. This may all be common knowledge for some of you, but I'm a bit of a emulation noob, so I thought this info may benefit someone. :w00t:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I personally wanted to play on the PAL version anyway because I read somewhere, and I don't remember where, but I read that the PAL/European version has some bug fixes over the NTSC/USA version. The Gamecube version supposedly has the same bug fixes. The Gamecube version apparently has some glitches due to the emulation, but I'm referring to actual gameplay bugs. I'm not aware of what other differences there are between PAL and NTSC other than maybe framerate.

EDIT2: One last edit I believe. When I was playing the NTSC version with Djipi's pack or PAL with bluedart's, the main thing that I noticed right away was that the top of the "quest status" screen wasn't loading the correct updated texture. This gets fixed if I use the correct pack with the correct version (PAL vs NTSC). However, with Djipi's pack (maybe bluedart's too but I didn't check) the items in the item shop in clock town are all grey without a texture. It doesn't matter if I use NTSC or PAL. To fix this, I downloaded Glide64_Napalm WX_R1.1 and used that. It's older, but as some have previously pointed out, those textures in the shop load with the older Glide64. It wasn't easy to find though because glide64.emuxhaven.net appears to be offline. I found the file via a youtube poster at:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d17WjzfuIBQ
I've gone ahead and uploaded it myself to mediafire to make it easier to get if anyone needs it. I scanned Glide64.dll, GlideHQ.dll, and glide3x.dll at VirusTotal and they are clean, but feel free to rescan. Please remove the link if this isn't permitted.
www.mediafire.com/download/smj49a95jcg476d/Glide64_Napalm_WX_1.1.rar

Last edited:

Nickelbawker

I just want to put your effects and UI primarily with what's available on the community re-texture pack but I wanted the 2011 version... Darn it. Guess I will settle with 2009.

n64oidNexus

Hi,
Here is the uncompressed pack "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.dat" from "Djipi_CellPack_OOT_2011.zip" :
DjipiFinal2014

Inside : all pictures, all folders, all correct, full compatible with all emulators, compatible with n64oid on Android !
Tested with my Nexus S (N64oid 2.7 apk).

SNIP!

My Easy tutorial to play with this pack on N64oid 2.7, Android :

1) Launch "tool64.exe"
SNIP!
2) Right click on the ROM "Ocarina of Time.n64"
3) "Rom Properties"
4) Register the name next to "Rom Name". Generally in UPPERCASE, for me : "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA".
5) Rename the High Quality Pack with this same name. Generally in UPPERCASE. If it is "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" with "tool64.exe", nothing to do.
6) Past the High Quality Pack on the SD in "./n64oid/hires_texture/". For me : "./n64oid/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA/".
7) Check "Engine settings" -> "Enable external textures".
8) Launch the rom previously analysed with "tool64.exe".
9) Loading the HQ pack takes about 1 mins for me at the beginning (1 min blackscreen). After, other loadings are then as quick as before.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fanatic 64

Dijipi doesn't allow this. I recommend you remove it before a moderator has to do it.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Dijipi doesn't allow this. I recommend you remove it before a moderator has to do it.

attachment.php
Take cover

BOOM!

F

Fanatic 64

Time out.

I don't think those instruction need to stay there either. After all dijipi's point is that the pack not be used with Rice Video.

F

Fanatic 64

Fair point. I like exposing this publicly. Let's everyone know what happened, and what NOT to repeat.

F

Fanatic 64

To paraphrase Dijipi: "I don't want the pack to be usable with Rice Video because that plugin is full of bugs."

All Android emulators use Rice Video.

And high resolution textures don't make much of a difference on a cellphone screen.

moomoomage

PLEASE HELP! I made this account just for this question!
I downloaded the textures with everything running great (Thanks for the texture pack by the way)

I've seen many ask this question but with no answers, When link is holding up and item, an item is shown at a shop (Bombs specifically) or character's hair is shown they all have the texture but with no color.
(Below is an example of one of these occurrences)

PLEASE HELP! I've tried everything, even reinstalling everything!

Europe Version of Majora's Mask

GTX 670
Windows 7 Ultimate
8GB Ram

Smooth filtering 4
HQ4X
300mb texture cache

(I've messed with these to try to get it to work)
Compress texture cache ON
Alternative CRC calculation OFF
Texture dumping/editing mode OFF
Use alpha channel fully OFF

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:

ababab777

Many people have complained on this thread about the lens of truth not working for Majora's Mask. Unfortunately, I do not have a solution, but I have messaged djipi and that's the best that can be done for now. Also, without the texture pack, lens of truth work, and they also work in OoT with and without texture pack. Thus, I conclude the issue must be with the texture pack for MM. Hope this get's resolved, I will update if djipi (ever) replies or not.

ZeReLioN

Is this pack an updated version of the djipi 2009 version or is the 2009 version totally different style?

Hmm for me the 2011 version gets a font glitch right off the bat with the Press Start text (most of the letters not replaced) whereas the 2009 is fine in the beginning.

Last edited:

LANdroid

Extraction Guide

This pack is made to be used with the (E) rom.
Your best bet would be to use the (E) rom however you may convert the textures for your personal use,
this may or may not work.

Alright then, but how would I convert it?

please contact Moshroum as he has been able to convert it and is the most knowledgeable member that I know of concerning the glide .dat extracting process.

Maybe we can have a tutorial on the subject?

I believe the thread I have just posted may help:
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/55257-GUIDE-Extract-dat-Glide64-Texture-Packs?p=454152

Update:
Thread was deleted by moderators but then restored again.

Last edited: