What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Djipi Hires Zelda's Texture

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
sorry for my english , but i would like to explain me better.
My Pack is my own texture , i create my texture with the original texture and not with federelli and kman texture. I Use photoshop and paint shop pro 8 to make my texture and i don't have experiences ( if you read federelli thread i said "i don't know how to take screenshot and have to make texture" ; "i don't have any notion for creating texture and photoshop ) i'm a novice.

I work very slowly to my texture because i don't have time , i'm busy . But i continue. But i make the pack today ! enjoy!

Amon_Knives : You like Fed&Kman works? Me too. But don't compare amator works and professionnal works . I'm sticking with Fed & Kman too . My works is only an experience , all people , or a lot of them , take fed & kman texture and i understand , there texture are not good there are excellent. But always says "Kman and fed are better" , "Kman & fed are... " OK i'm ok this you but everybody know that ;-) Just criticate the other work and don't compare , this is the key of jugment.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
Amon_Knives... why you feel the need to reiterate your opinion and again that you are "sticking with F&K" is beyond me. But I think we all gleamed this info from your post on page 1. Which would make that part of your second post, spam.

You quoted Djipi and saw contrAdiction?

I see no contrAdiction at all.
Djipi said:
"...my pack, "Djipi's Pack", only have my own texture..."
"...My pack don't have Fed & Kman texture..."
That's pretty clear, plain English. Where's the contrAdiction? Oh you must mean this...
Djipi said:
"...I use too Fed & Kman texture."
But alas, still no contrAdiction. He uses them. Nowhere does he say or even imply that he modifies and will pack them and twice he said his pack DOES NOT contain them, simply said that he uses them. Just like I use Cloudscapes sm64 textures in conjunction with John Does and _pm_'s and my own. Stop trying to bend his words.

And furthermore, This is "Djipi's Hires Zelda's Texture" thread. If you like them, say so. If you don't like them, say so. But this is not the "lets debate who textures zelda better imo" thread. Kman does great work no doubt, but let's have a little consideration for ALL the artists working hard to bring us hires textures and not just some guy we're star struck with because he may have worked on 'blah blah' game(s). Who cares. Now you have my opinion.
Apologies for the further pollution of this thread. Back to topic please.

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
HostileEagle said:
Who cares. Now you have my opinion.

I respect that. Sorry for the spam, I just got confused because Djipi and I speak two differant languages. I mean, if I tried to speak his language, I probably wouldn't make much sense a lot of the time either. (although I still don't make much sense now)

Djipi said:
Here's my WIP ;-)

Finally, someone did the spiritual stones. Looks great, probably better than Tallgeese's subscreen. Can't wait to see the finished product.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
only french word will doesn't work. Where you are french , the english don't work but the rest will be ok

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Djipi said:
only french word will doesn't work. Where you are french , the english don't work but the rest will be ok

Yeah, a texture is a texture, like he says, only the words will not work on the english version. No matter what language it is, Zelda is Zelda.

jdsony

Great work. One suggestion I would make is to maybe blur your stone textures more. The background in the subscreen and the latest textures with the stone pillars and floor look a little too sharp to me, it makes them stand out too much when really you shouldn't notice them, they should blend in and feel natural. I don't know if anyone else feels this way.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
jdsony said:
Great work. One suggestion I would make is to maybe blur your stone textures more. The background in the subscreen and the latest textures with the stone pillars and floor look a little too sharp to me, it makes them stand out too much when really you shouldn't notice them, they should blend in and feel natural. I don't know if anyone else feels this way.

Technically, they just look like a photoshop or paint shop plugin or filter. They don't look that much like stone, but the statues of the fire temple are good. And I've already expressed my opinion of the saria rertexture in Fed's thread.

Kerber2k

Amon_Knives said:
Technically, they just look like a photoshop or paint shop plugin or filter. They don't look that much like stone, but the statues of the fire temple are good. And I've already expressed my opinion of the saria rertexture in Fed's thread.

-Wonders why people are so bevel+Emboss crazy..... :whistling

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Kerber2k said:
-Wonders why people are so bevel+Emboss crazy..... :whistling

Because they don't know how to create it from scratch. No offense to anyone, I sometimes use bevel a lot, too. :p

jdsony

Yeah Bevel is great when you don't notice it was used unless you have to think about it. I use it a lot when I'm simulating metal objects. Nice to see Djipi working so hard on this though, if anything it's great practice even if Fed and K-man are already doing a lot of it though. I think his best work is the Kakariko Village stuff.

My suggetion for Djipi would be to read some more tutorials on making stone (a lot of them are not very good) and then develop your own technique that looks best from the various styles.

Last edited: