What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Mike1984

Hi guys, im new here. First of all as a zelda fan i must say i'm really impressed what you've done to OOT. I can't wait till its finished. I hope you'll finish it, because it would be a shame if you don't. It all seems like a whole lot of work. Any idea of when you'll be finished?
As for the cemetery, hope you can take critisicm from a newb. I think the walking stones are a bit strange, i think it has something to do with the colors. Anyways great job. I made some screenshots of some things i encountered.

As for the nintendo logo. i think it has something to do with my config... or videocard.

The second image is all blurry when i hit the start button, i followed the thread and saw that someone else already posted it, but im still having the problem, so thought you should know and somehow when i hit the start button it always shows the last room i visited on the background. Here you can see the treehouse, for as it also could have been a shop or something like that.

The third image i was wondering when you guys will do the grass and the walls.

The fourth image is also obvious, some strange black glow after opening the chest above the green/yellow shine.

The fith has some problem with rolling. The texture is being all messed up.

As for the sixth and seventh the rupees are a strange color.

In the eight picture you can see the camera angle is messing up the path by some strange triangle formed from the grass.

And the final one i made in the deku tree, wondering when youll do the walls there, cause the rest of the deku tree is all been done if im not mistaken.

I saw some more bugs troughout the game, but im not sure if its the game or my computer not loading the textures or my videocard having problems outputting them.

A whole lot talking and criticism for a newb but i really appreciate your great work. Keep it up. Hope you can do something about the errors ive shown you.

pilm

@Djipi: Your graveyard looks really great (and so are your updates to the Kokiri Forest :) It is great you can use your skills to contribute to this project, but don't disperse you too much : we all can't wait for an update of you Celda pack, and we don't forget either your amazing Majora's Mask mod ^^

@Kas12: I like your fairy wings too ;)

pedrocasilva

this mod is looking better and better, djipi you really are a all-around artist, from realistical to cell shaded graphics... flawless...

Cönker1

Kas12 said:
This is for anyone who wants the back of the Deku Shield.. it was bothering me that the front was nice.. so I did the back. Here is also a preview in-game of my fairywings that I posted a page back.
Jebus, That's the best thing I've seen all day.

Can someone tell me if the Great Fairy/ies has been redone? I hated that gypsy/vine whorish one.

Darklord89

The cemetry looks truly devine aswell as Kakarico Village!
Awesome work. :)

Kas12, i have to say that i really like your fairy wings aswell :D

Last edited:

Mike1984

Can anyone reply to my post? So that i'll know i'm having problems with my config. or that the bugs are a software error. Thank you

Btw great fairy looking awesome

Cönker1

Djipi said:
Humm ... The Great Fairy !!
The updated textures look good, but have you seen the fairy from the first commercials of the game? That fairy looks WAY better, not like some jungle nymph.

The_Z

"The_A"
Indeed, I would've perfered those much more. They actually look like a fairy too. :p You're talking about the blue fairies right? I can't seem to find a picture of them at the moment. :eek:

Last edited:

Cönker1

The_Z said:
Indeed, I would've perfered those much more. They actually look like a fairy too. :p You're talking about the blue fairies right? I can't seem to find a picture of them at the moment. :eek:
I've seen them on the original Commercial for OoT, I'm trying to find that commercial...

LandsEnd

uhhh can someone tell me how to install this because I don't use my computer much but this looks awsome.... i tried the help page but I don't know what the hell its talking about... -_- can anyone help me?

Kiggles

Kas12. Wings look solid, but consider inverting the alpha. The geometric shapes should be more transparent (though far from 100%. Maybe even more than 50%white) than the viens which define them. I would also recommend a smooth fade from the edge to the middle of the geometric shapes, if you take my advice. It will help give them some more depth. Furthermore, get a bit of actual texture on the wings.

Here's a refference image for you to work from.
http://www.microscopy.fsu.edu/primer/techniques/phasegallery/houseflywing.html

I don't want to slight your work, but it just isn't finished yet. A solid base to work from, absolutely, but it doesn't look much more than 50% complete. If absolutely nothing else, fade to black on the alpha so that the wings don't look like they are pasted onto a glowing 'fluffy' object. The fade to black a the base will help to punch the aura effect of the fairies. Fairy wings ARE difficult to see, so you shouldn't be terribly stressed things have to be absolutely perfect, and hyper detailed. You only need enough to imply details of insect wings... unless you really want to wow the audience in the off chance navi floats in front of Link's face while they are looking around in first person. That DOES happen often enough for you to merit trying 110%. The choice if your's to even take it any further at all, though. :)

Good luck, Kas12. I don't want to be too critical, hence all of the suggestions, but a few people already gave direct possitive responses, and I really believe you should keep going. It is rather faithful to the original in effect (transparent viens/opaque skin), so maybe you don't want to take my first advice, but consider the rest, and maybe keep working on it. :)

Last edited: