What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
2fast4u said:
w00t! ogy, do u collect old graphics boards or do they acutally all run in a system?

i colloect everything coumputer related, and except the V3 they are all on different systems, i could assemble a system for the V3 in about 2 sec though... i have cpu's, Mboards, sound cards.
but the reason i mainly collect voodoo's is because i like them so much... it's just like my fav sound card is SB16 so i have three.

and flow, sorry i'm very possessive;)

BTW we are getting off-topic... this is dave's plugin topic

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Any programmers that wish to help develop Glide64, come to the Glide64 development channel on mIRC:

#Glide64 at DALnet

Glide64 is developed using MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 6.0

My name on mIRC is CM256. I may not be at my computer at all times, so if you say something and I don't respond, just wait or try again later.

type !rules for development rules, and !list for my fserves (current source, plugin directory...)

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, I'm having trouble with the ul_s, ul_t, lr_s, and lr_t coordinates in settilesize.

For example
ul_s: 114
ul_t: 143
lr_s: 238
lr_t: 267

what would this represent? To my understanding it represents
(28,35) -> (59, 66) which are those coords divided by 4
which would be a 32x32 texture. Is this really what it means?

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
(off-topic) 2fast4u: I dont want to start a mess, but I agree with the sentence u made hihi =)

flow``

flow``
Davy.. not sure exactly why you're on efnet. but most (n64) emulator authors roam around Efnet..

flow`` on #tr #thecompany #PJ64Cheats #pj64 #nemu64 #emulation64 #apollo64 #1964

unless there's a reason you're on dalnet, might not hurt to hop on efnet sometime :)

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
Any programmers that wish to help develop Glide64, come to the Glide64 development channel on mIRC:

#Glide64 at DALnet

Glide64 is developed using MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 6.0

My name on mIRC is CM256. I may not be at my computer at all times, so if you say something and I don't respond, just wait or try again later.

type !rules for development rules, and !list for my fserves (current source, plugin directory...)

Merf...
I'm on EFNEt sometimes but never on Dalnet :p
I'm always busy too, so I never get anything done, <sigh>. However I might just pop over to see what your rules are if I can remember too. Did I mention I'm busy AND FORGETFUL? :)

By the way I tested your plugin the other night, I was pretty impressed with how well things worked on SuperMario. I'm sure the difficulties will be getting other games because I know SM is the easiest to get working :)

Cyb

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Well, #Glide64 was originally a channel I just made up on dalnet to send my files to testers. I didn't know it was going to be a registered channel there, someone registered it for me. Maybe we can move it to efnet later.

Anyway, ignore the post for help earlier, I figured it out.

(btw, there is screenshot support now too ;))

Last edited:
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

The texture stretch (to the right) is just because I haven't implemented scaling down textures to 256 pixels max.

I'm not sure how to fix the lines though :angry:. If any plugin author knows about how to fix these texture offset problems, please tell me.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Never mind, I figured it out, it was the same thing as the other offset problem. It has to do with bilinear filtering using .5 as the middle of a pixel. I had done this in 3d, but not 2d texrects.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
bloody hell Dave you really are f**ing good.

I remember saying something similar to a stranger called Jabo when his test plugin was released lol.

P.S. I'm not trying to shag you, don't worry.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Actually after reading this thread Ive changed my mind, there is definately some alien technology here, no f**ing way could anyone go that fast.

lol

:pj64:

^ someone make a Glide64/Dave2001 version of that will you, we'll be needing it frequently. Unless they take him back to Venus.

gokuss4

Meh...
Smiff said:
Actually after reading this thread Ive changed my mind, there is definately some alien technology here, no f**ing way could anyone go that fast.

lol

:pj64:

^ someone make a Glide64/Dave2001 version of that will you, we'll be needing it frequently. Unless they take him back to Venus.

hey smiff whats up i never seen you post in this topic before. in my opinion even if i did have a goforce 2 gts pro 64mb i'd say if i would compare mario 64 dave is the winner. but this is not competition i just wanted to post :D im bored

icepir8

Dave2001 said:
The texture stretch (to the right) is just because I haven't implemented scaling down textures to 256 pixels max.
Dave you don't need to scale the texture to 256 you need to break it into parts. that way you won't lose detail. I know the width is 320 pixels. If you do it as 2 parts of 160 pixels it will work and you won't lose any detail.:colgate:

cya,

Icepir8

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, I'll do that instead. Thanks :D. Someone earlier suggested that I use the frame buffer, but I think your idea is better since it allows for filtering also.

conkerman

conkerman
sorta OT, but anyway...
hey dave, nice to see u progressing at such a fast rate. i kinda followed what smiff said and made a crappy little sign, just some good old editing of an existing one ( i'm not too talented at graphics editing).

enjoy what must have taken me 5 good minutes to do (hahaha)
conkerman

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Arrrgggghhhh!!!!! Why won't they do things consistently!?!?!!!!

Take two 32x32 textures:

One uses coordinates (0,0) -> (31,31)
the other uses coordinates (0,0) -> (32,32)

It's REALLY annoying, and making it very hard to keep both the sky problem in mario and the offset problem in the other games both working.

Status
Not open for further replies.