What's new

1st Beta has been released to testers

Remote

Any chances of seeing a partially working or even better a fully working World Driver Championship?

Damn, i wish i could beta test but i never saw the thread asking for beta testers. Then stopped asking for beta testers. All while i was on vaciton.
Heh, it's nice to see all the beta testing news :D

Plisco

Sevillian
Anyone testing network play? or would that be done through kaillera? hell is there a network play option?

pandamoan

Banned
dr mario looks good...

but this worries me:

idle: 0%

is it running full speed? is that only possible on your specs? did you have divx encoding in the background?

jamie

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Networking works the same way as internet servers. It shows up on thje list as 0 ping, as i remember at least. That's one area of kailler i don't know so well, considering i don't have a home network. You set up a intranet server by canging settings in the server program, it all ends up in the same tab with the user software.

Trotterwatch

pandamoan said:
dr mario looks good...

but this worries me:

idle: 0%

is it running full speed? is that only possible on your specs? did you have divx encoding in the background?

jamie
That was done on his works PC which has a Matrox Millenium card, and a Duron 700mhz proccessor. Karth had 2x Sai on when taking that shot as well :)

I ran the same game on this PC, and had plenty of idle time to spare. The only difference is the pill jar was not transparent (black background). Not a big deal at all, and does not effect gameplay in any way.

Last edited:

pandamoan

Banned
very very cool. i have multiple pcs in this house, all capable of n64 emulation. most are athlon 950's with geforce 2 mx cards. i guess i should test out the kaillera stuff on those, if only i could find someone worthy of challenging me to dr mario.

jamie

karth95

Lord of the Cats
unfortunatly, it looks like the netplay is going to take some work to get going. I tried out the World championship Driver, and I get exception errors. Sorry guys.

Hyper19s

Banned
karth95 said:
unfortunatly, it looks like the netplay is going to take some work to get going. I tried out the World championship Driver, and I get exception errors. Sorry guys.

Dang

well im stillhappy about the dk64 news glad to here its working

revl8er

That Damn Good
It should work fine on my 1.2ghz pc then. That's cool. I hope that they get netplay working soon after the release.

pandamoan

Banned
is the netplay udp or tcp/ip?

just curious. also, it would be cool to have a trillian / GAIM plugin that you could right click a contact and start a n64 game with them. probably be a pretty ez/quick batch file or something like that.

jamie

karth95

Lord of the Cats
It's tcp/ip, and I imagine if you knew how to code it you could do a trillian plugin for that. Unfortunatly, I have no coding skills.
FYI. It's going to be using Kaillera (at last notice), it looks good, just doesn't work yet. I'm sure there will be an announcement when it does.

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
ok then. ;) As I said, I'm no coder. I assumed it used IP since you give IP addresses for the servers, etc.

Glurak

well it uses IP actually UDP/IP
IP = Intenet protocol.
UDP and TCP are protocls that control how the data is send (TCP asures that the data arrives and UDP imho just sends the data and provides a CRC for corruption checking)