What's new

1st Beta has been released to testers

schibo

Emulator Developer
The first beta has been made available to our QA team. I'm sorry if you have not made it on our list. As you might have expected, we have received an enormous response, and for the most part, recruitment was on a first-come first-serve basis.

I wasn't clear b4 on where to post beta feedback. I would like beta reports sent to my private emutalk inbox: schibo. I don't know how often Rice will be available to check his inbox, so whenever it is a message for Rice, I will collect this information from you and forward these reports to him. This is also a critical month for Rice's studies, so please allow me to forward messages to him since our accounts have a message quota.

Please don't use the public forums for beta reports, although you may use it for general comments about the beta, screenshots..whatever you like as long as it's not leaked beta files. And no gloating! :cat:

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I just got it, and am working through the GUI doing interface testing... Is there anything I need to be aware of that is WIP, and shouldn't work yet? I'm already seeing some things, and don't want to send in bug reports for non-bugs.

edit: resent via pm, since I missed the line where he said this is not the place for bug reports...

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Got it safe and well, thanks Schibo. Initial impressions are that it's very stable, the sound plugin is excellent, and it is incredibly fast.

Gonna have to try as hard as possible to break this emu :)

The Siskoo

I got it too, thanks to Rice and Schibo.

With the official version, 1964 was very buggy on my config. Now this version seem very stable, it's very impressive.

Rice plugin works.

Oooinpit, do you have an Ati cards ?

Trotterwatch

Oooinpit, do you have an Ati cards ?

Yes he does (check the sig):
Radeon 9000 Pro (128 MB)

I have very few problems at the moment, though I may have spotted one earlier in DK64 - will have to verify it is repeatable though, if so I'll file my first minor bug report :)

The Siskoo

for Ati Cards :

- Get 3D-Analyze.
- Launch it.
- On the left you have 1, 2 ,3, 4. Choose 1 (Pre Run EXE), clic on Select, find the 1964.exe and Open.
- Go on directx 8.1 and 9.0 options et check emulate HW TnL caps.
- After Save Batch File. Give a name. For example 1964test.
- Launch 1964Test and play.

With super mario 64 (E) and the rice plugin, super mario works perfectly.
no problme with textures.

then test the solution above for your game.

Send me a mail for the problem with DK64, I can test it.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I've long advocated the 3D Analyze method you have outlined above for Rices plugin in conjuction with Radeon cards. Seems to not work for me at the moment with the new version but I am going to clean up the registry later to see if this is solely an issue with my system.

Edit/ Just tidied up some old registry entries for Rices plugins, the new version now works flawlessly with 3D Analyze.

Last edited:
The beta was running horrible for me (very much crashes and overload-problems). I've sent Schibo a bug report, and I hope he can fix it, but I trust him on that :)

oooinpit

I got it going...must have edited post and not seen replys. Didnt know what was wrong, restarted PC and then it worked. Never had much luck with any EMU and rice vid plugin. Will try the 3D Analyze.

Thanks!

BTW - Is there gonna be a thread or forum for the testers only, so we may converse about problems/situations with one another?

The Siskoo

I'm agree with oooinpit, a private forum for beta testers will be cool, like that we could share our problems and stuff like that.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
The Siskoo said:
I'm agree with oooinpit, a private forum for beta testers will be cool, like that we could share our problems and stuff like that.

This is a good suggestion, I'll put in a request.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just got it, it seems quite stable so far, need to do a bit more agressive testing i think!

I agree that a private forum is a good idea.

The Siskoo

I think the private forum is very important, I would like to talk about stuff and I don't know if I can talk here...

scotty

The Great One
I know that I am not on the beta testers list, but I am glad that the initial tesing has gone well at this point, it menas that it will be released quicker if there are no bugs