What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

hi rez textures support and detail texturing!

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Kolano said:
I still feel that limiting texture size should be up to the texture authors, rather than forcing only 4x. 4x is simply not enough resolution for many textures, and with 256m+ video cards availible these large textures will certainly NOT be a big issue. Moreover if they are it is certainly up to the user to not use them.
I agree with you. For example, I figured that 4X is not enough for games like Diddy Kong Racing, in which many textures are applied over really big surfaces, and the 4X textures "improvements" are only appreciated from mid to far distances. I wonder how would it look with, for example, 8x textures. I also wonder how would detail texturing work.

Anyways, as a suggestion, I think everyone should consider which textures deserve bigger sizes, instead of making all of them 1000x because your 1EB video card has enough memory for them. On the other side (if Rice decides to add "more-than-4x" support), an extra option in the plugin to automatically downsize textures would probably help :)

Last edited:

hizoka10

One other thing would be to not enhancing those games not only for today and redo all in 2 or 4 years but. And with this option to rounddown texture it's not a problem for those who only have 32mb (personnaly I've got 64mb and all levels in mario with 8x textures where very smooth)

prankster959

Wow, N64 emulation sure has come a long way. The last time I came to this site was Christmas, and all of the sudden PJ 1.6 comes out, Rice's new texture plug in comes out and suddenly games are looking even better than they did originally. Keep it up team.