What's new

Cool Screenies

DarkKnight38

The original
Zuzma said:
Well if it was ripped from the disk i'm sure we'd be seeing lots of gamecube isos poping up even if there was no way to play them and I don't see any.
That's not necessarily true. To my knowledge (which may or may not be right), there's always been ways to access GC discs and possibly even a way to make images out of them, there just hasn't been any way to burn them easily, without actually special ordering mini dvd-roms, obtaining a dvd burner capable of burning them (i dunno if current ones can), then getting a program that will burn the isos onto the mini dvds. Until this becomes easy, you wont see any for a while. Whether i'm wrong or right, Nintendo struck gold on the piracy side of things with those mini dvds. ;)

I thought this was all some kind of big hoax until stezo2k posted the nfo, thanks. Tagrineth had a good point, and i agree with it completely. Although i thought FFO was a complete remake, upgrading the gfx from the WSC version and adding in a few features here and there. Is this not the case?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
DarkKnight38 said:
That's not necessarily true. To my knowledge (which may or may not be right), there's always been ways to access GC discs and possibly even a way to make images out of them, there just hasn't been any way to burn them easily, without actually special ordering mini dvd-roms, obtaining a dvd burner capable of burning them (i dunno if current ones can), then getting a program that will burn the isos onto the mini dvds. Until this becomes easy, you wont see any for a while. Whether i'm wrong or right, Nintendo struck gold on the piracy side of things with those mini dvds. ;)

HOW TO MAKE A MINI DVD IN THREE EASY STEPS:

1. Burn DVD
2. Get Scissors
3. Cut DVD radially

I thought this was all some kind of big hoax until stezo2k posted the nfo, thanks. Tagrineth had a good point, and i agree with it completely. Although i thought FFO was a complete remake, upgrading the gfx from the WSC version and adding in a few features here and there. Is this not the case?

No, as far as I can tell they're identical to the WonderSwan Colour versions except for the fact that they're translated. ;)

Zuzma

DarkKnight38 said:

There's no way to get data off the disk with out an official dev kit. If they could read it there would have been something up on dextrose pretty damn quick and I've yet to see anything. Also people release roms/iso's on irc and news groups all the time even if they can't use them. They do it because they hope it will be emulated some day and well I don't see any gamecube Ios's.. that's all I'm trying to say. If they did get it off of the game cube disk with an offical dev kit then the rom would be illegal.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Zuzma said:
There's no way to get data off the disk with out an official dev kit. If they could read it there would have been something up on dextrose pretty damn quick and I've yet to see anything. Also people release roms/iso's on irc and news groups all the time even if they can't use them. They do it because they hope it will be emulated some day and well I don't see any gamecube Ios's.. that's all I'm trying to say. If they did get it off of the game cube disk with an offical dev kit then the rom would be illegal.

Way to state the obvious, hun ^_^

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
lol..wouldnt scissors like...crack the disc? in order to cut it wouldnt u have to use a glass cutter? ^^; also, dont they sell mini dvd-rs?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
ector said:
radially? that's from the edge to the middle ;D

Whoops, my mistake! I knew that... really, I did... heh...

And scissors can work, if you have really sharp scissors. :saint:

Ideally though something along the lines of a cookie-cutter should be used.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Has anyone noticed that when you start the game, in Link's room, his walking sounds like if he's wearing a shield? My li'l bro noticed that.

Is that a bug in the emu (project64 i tried) or in the rom??

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
notice that at the beginin when link is asleep his eyes are open? and when you pause the screen the background is the last house you were in ^^; whenever i pause it shows the weapon shop in kokiri forest

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Tora said:
notice that at the beginin when link is asleep his eyes are open? and when you pause the screen the background is the last house you were in ^^; whenever i pause it shows the weapon shop in kokiri forest

Yep, his eyes are open!. But I don't have the background problem, that may be a prob with the plugin you are using ??

Imoto

Game Boy Goddess ;P
About the PAL60: The ROM is the same as the US Version, but it has the other Languages German and French in it. Also says the header it is a PAL-Game.
The diferencies of PAL and NTSC is that PAL uses an other way as NTSC for Color-Information and it displays 100 Lines more verticaly in a refreshrate of 50Hz.
PAL60 uses 60Hz instat of 50Hz.

NoE (Nintendo of Europe) Didn't want to do a complete PAL-convert so they just said: This Game only works in 60Hz. (You can't play it on a PAL-Cube without using 60Hz mode. TWW and Bonus Disk (PAL) don't work with the Freeloader 1.06b on NTSC-Cubes. (Tested that).

And about the color's and things of the Controller: I use my GCN-Controller for N64 Emulation on PC, so I don't have a Problem with that.

And my Question: Is it possible to run Master Quest in an Acceptable speed on my PC?

Zuzma

Tora said:

That's easy to fix.. in jabos 1.5 video plugin enable emulate primary for the frame buffer then under rom settings enable Self rendered textures and emulate clear. You could also just add an entry to project64.rdb. =0 what i'd like to know is why links hand doesn't apear when he uses the slingshot.

Orininally posted by Imoto
And my Question: Is it possible to run Master Quest in an Acceptable speed on my PC?

Yup you should beable to run it full speed with Ultrahle 2064 but you'll have to wait for the next version for it to work. Atleast I remeber getting full speed with my 400mhz one back in the day with the original ultrahle and if this is as fast as that you shouldn't have any problems. Sorry though I haven't used this version at all since I use Project64. MQ runs identical speedwise to OOT btw.

Last edited:

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
ooo, when i pause it shows the current place like its supposed to with link in the background and everything ^^ i did wut u said and also i did wut this topic said: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13694

[1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45]
Good Name=Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (U)
Internal Name=ZELDA MASTER QUEST
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Check Memory Advance
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Linking=Global
Status=Playable!
Core Note=
Plugin Note=
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=1
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1

but i changed a few things. like the status, i changed that to Compatible and then i changed the stuf u told me to and yay ^^

one more thing i almost fergot. in the equipment part of the pause screen link is supposed to be standing in that little area showing you what you are putting on, but i see no link ^^;

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
holy crappp....i killed queen gohma in like 8 seconds .... ~.~ in oot it normally takes me like atleast 5 minutes.when i first hit her with the slingshot i got to hit her like 20 times, then i kept my z lock on at her and while she wuz on the ceiling i pegged her with a crap load of slingshot deku thingys and she got hit with one cuz i sent like 2 at a time. and she fell and like 3 hits and she wuz dead o_O

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
DarkKnight38 said:
thanks for the info on GC, i never really had one or knew how the discs worked, i got that info from assumptions and a friend

*IQ goes up a point*

and if it still matters,
WSC FF1 shots
FFO FF1 shots

Mmm, OK, I think I'm wrong about FFO then. Neat.

The diferencies of PAL and NTSC is that PAL uses an other way as NTSC for Color-Information and it displays 100 Lines more verticaly in a refreshrate of 50Hz.

Not quite right... PAL outputs 525 lines.