What's new

Cool Screenies

Imoto

Game Boy Goddess ;P
Tagrineth said:
Mmm, OK, I think I'm wrong about FFO then. Neat.

Not quite right... PAL outputs 525 lines.

You know the phenomen of the incredible PAL-Borders from bad or not ported PAL-Games?
That are the missing lines of NTSC Resolution!

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Tagrineth said:
And... emulation happens ALL THE TIME in remakes.

Take Final Fantasy Anthologies, for example. Put it in your PC, open ZSNES, go into the CD drive... bang, SNES ROM on the CD. Square coded all their remakes using custom emulators, even the brand new Final Fantasy Origins - it uses a custom WonderSwan Colour emulator.

CAPCOM also used emulation of some sort to put Megaman X3 from the SNES onto the Saturn.

The SEGA MegaCollection for GameCube? All emulated.

Phantasy Star Collection for Saturn? Emulated.

Those games were programmed using ASM of another CPU. Emulation was the only option other then recoding all of the ASM routines. Zelda OOT was greated in C using Nintendo64's API. All the developers need to do is simulate the routes in the API or change the functions used for various things. That latter option would give the best performance for the developers. I do believe the API was either simulating N64 or they changed all the functions that were used to make use of GC API.

In edition, the graphics data and audio data were probably revised as well to make it GC format. :) Would be the best option.

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
Kahenraz said:
What the heck Clements!!! That's Windwalker on 1964!! ...are you pullin my leg...

:cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

i wuz sayin the same thing...but then i noticed that this topic is 7 pages long and deleted my post. but a few pages back clements said that he used photoshop or paint or wutever ^^;

Clements

LOL!!!! :happy:
I thought it was obvious that I faked it, because I didn't believe the MQ thing initially, so I was showing how easy it was to fake stuff... but I was completely wrong! :happy:

Kahenraz

Show off ;p Got me all excited for nothing.:flowers:

I knew is was fake all along *cough*

Last edited:

sniper_112

linker said:
I bet they've used pj64's/1964's source to create the emulator :p
ra5555 said:
heh... you could sue Nentindo for vailolating violating copyright laws and get $10million

hehehehe
lol the irony. anyways didnt a version of master quest come out in europe or something for the n64dd? i think it was ura zelda. could this have possibly been used?

DespoteZ

hey

Hi I may be new that is why I am maybe confused a bit.
I'm a big fan of zelda, but now I see something like master quest?

What is that?
I heard that is something that they had on gamecube..
But what is the diffrence between Zelda 64 and Master quest?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
DespoteZ said:
Hi I may be new that is why I am maybe confused a bit.
I'm a big fan of zelda, but now I see something like master quest?

What is that?
I heard that is something that they had on gamecube..
But what is the diffrence between Zelda 64 and Master quest?

As far as I understand... different dungeon layouts and harder (?) game. Not sure though, since I don't have it. :(

DespoteZ

Modem said:
As far as I understand... different dungeon layouts and harder (?) game. Not sure though, since I don't have it. :(

Hmm thank you for replying...
I just need 2 get that game.... :(
Allright cya all

Talas

Son of the Sky
@Vegetable

Are you tryin to become a mod or somethin? Just askin because you do like to criticize others.