What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

Rice

Emulator Developer
Version 5.5.1 WIP is released to response the requests about Ogre Battle background problem fix. In order to get it work, you need to use a correct emulator + RSP plugin. Please refer to glide64 FAQ for further question about this. Again, thanks Gonetz for the JPEG and YUV information.

Rice Video 5.5.0 Readme
========================

What's news:

1. Big change with the plugin configuration dialog
* Options are seperated into multiple pages
* Options are arranged, easy to understand and to use, options combinations are more meanful and flexible.
* Allow to access all game settings without touching the INI file.
* Detecting adapter supported full screen resolution
* Detecing adapter supported Full Screen Anti-Aliasing modes
* Detecing adapter supported Anisotropy filtering feature
* Hide/Show advanced options
* Allow to use WinFrame mode
* Allow to select texture quality
2. Full TMEM emulation, can be turned on/off
3. Hq2x and lq2x filter
4. Full hardware accelerated frame buffer emulation in DirectX
- Works fine and fast for more games.
- Very configurable
- Render-to-texture options are seperated from primary back buffer emulation options
5. Turning screen saver on/off automatically
6. Better fog implementation
7. A lot of other fixes:
8. New features with DirectX
- Full Screen Anti-Aliasing
- Anisotropy filtering
- Onscreen information display with configurable color
- Full screen mode refresh frequency
- Semi-pixel shader combiner to increase speed from complete pixel-shader combiner

03/30/2004
Rice

PS:
1. The new frame buffer emulation implementation is not fully tested with all games. Zelda OOT, Mario Tennis, Pokemon, Banjo Koozie, Banjo Tooie, Zelda MM, PD are tested and working OK.
2. The plugin is tested on Geforce FX5200, ATI Radeon 9600 and Geforce2 MX400. It works fine with these video cards.
3. I know some games are broken, like Dr. Mario. Please use older version for such games
4. This new version is using a new INI file. You need both the DLL and the INI.

Changes in version 5.5.0b
===================
- Sorting full screen mode resolutions and windowed mode resolutions bug fix
- Texture coordinate bug fix (Appeared as that Zelda OOT trees got disappeared.)
- INI change for Conker to enable frame buffer options for the pause screen

Changes in version 5.5.0b2
====================
- Fix the hq2x/lq2x filter texture red edge problem. The algorithm is now
working as it should, enjoy it if you have a faster CPU.
- A new frame buffer emulation to "Double small render-to-texture size" to get
the better results out of what you video card can do.

These are only minor changes, most problems in version 5.5.0 are not fixed.

changes in version 5.5.1
==================
- free of locking itself after incorrect stop of the previous game
- hq4x filter, WIP only, to use as it.
- Bug fixes for hq2x/lq2x filter. They won't freeze your DirectX driver anymore
- Ogre Battle background, thanks Gonetz to point out the 1964 JPEG decompression problem, and release the source code of the new glide64.
In order to get Ogre Battle background working correctly, you need to use emulators which support JPEG decompression. PJ64 does it. 1964 0.99 has problems to support JPEG for this game. 1964 0.85 + PJ64 RSP can do it.

- TxtGen bug fix (for Zelda shield, and others)

04/08/2004
Rice

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
Already some cool new effects for mario tennis. check out how you see the screen flip up after a point. this is with the basic render to texture on. also the picture in picture looks much better. however it is too slow to play but definitely an improvement. Also the split screen at the beginning of a match is starting to look much better .

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

cool

cool !! a new release of this excellent release

bugs noticed: - yoshi story unplayable
- still texture problem in PD
- still texture stretching in many games
- car colors wrong in beetle adv racing

Thanks a lot !!!

rcgamer

the old guy
Yoshis story is working with very limited testing so far for me. Dont have the missing textures (at least not to the degree it was, some small areas still missing-see the cloud in the pic). Also Worms Armegeddon seems to be working much better too. The worms face correctly (not all facing to the left).

Trotterwatch

Bakaretsu Muteki Bangiaoh seems to be vastly improved now, and is actually playable (though needs high specs - when shooting). Texture 1 Hack needs enabling.

Legend

Not the biggest game, but Brunswick Pro Bowling (best N64 bowling game) works near perfect with your new version-better than Glide64 and Jabo.

ryanraab

This is awesome. Awesome GUI much easier. Also lot more games work for me. Your the best. Nice to see that your testing with a low end card too. Good thing. Seeing has most people including me still have low end cards probably.

ryanraab

No problem no water in zelda ocarin of time use to be water. Just before you fight the first boss the place where there is water you can't see it so it looks like i'm swimming in air. Can anybody else confirm the problem i'm having. Also IQ for games are much nicer.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well I'm having problems with oot as well. At the title screen, it doesn't show the title. Also when I start the game, Link's home is all green and I can't see link. I also cannot see any text in the game. If someone can tell me some settings that could fix this then I would be grateful.

ryanraab

Did this all start to happen with 5.5.0 if so then 5.5.0 seems to not like oot. Also I can finally get further in spiderman instead of just the 1st mission. Thanks Rice for getting spiderman working. I'm still testing other games. Nascar 2000 is finally playable was not playable at all with me before. It's also a game that says Playable! (gfx errors, Use Rice Daedalus 5.2.0) in status. So that should be changed to no gfx errors, Use Rice Daedalus 5.5.0 That is all i tested. ( having to much fun playing those games now that they work better.)

Edit: Earthworm Jim 3D now works for me. Wasn't even playable before.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Really great work Rice. Framebuffer effects work faster than before in most cases :), but sometimes the effects are messed up :(. Some games look better than ever (for example yoshi's story), while some others work as slow as before (for example cruisin USA and Shadowgate). Most of the problems regarding framebuffer effects among other things can be fixed through the plugin configuration (the configuration dialog is much better than before because you can tweak almost everything and know in which category it belongs). It really is amazing ;)

khanmeister

Banned
I went through the following roms:
1080 perfect
bugs life perfect
aerofighter perfect, horrible sound
aeroguage perfect
aidyn some stutterin in sound, stupid game.
airboarder perfect
all star tennis perfect
all star baseball 2000 locked up, very pretty before that.
armorines perfect.

The new plugin is amazing. THANKS! I still look forward to Dr Mario, though, it is my favorite N64 game!

THANKS AGAIN! It's almost pefect now!
(above all in 1964 .9.9 with new plugin)

South Park Rally is still messed up with the background in front of the players. Only jabo 1.2 supports this rom AFAIK.

:cheers:

Last edited:

The Siskoo

Trotterwatch said:
Bakaretsu Muteki Bangiaoh seems to be vastly improved now, and is actually playable (though needs high specs - when shooting). Texture 1 Hack needs enabling.

Yup, you're right. The game works almost correctly (some lit' slow down again) but seem fully playable now. On RiceVideo5.5.0.ini, add IncTexRectEdge.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Mystic Gohan said:
Well I'm having problems with oot as well. At the title screen, it doesn't show the title. Also when I start the game, Link's home is all green and I can't see link. I also cannot see any text in the game. If someone can tell me some settings that could fix this then I would be grateful.

It is your video card and driver. If you are using Geforce MX, you need to update the latest driver.

Or to use 2-stage combiner.

My95ZR2

I dunno if this is possible, but is there a way you can put an "apply" button on your config so that I can have the config running side-by-side with the emulator? It helps seeing what different options do to games, so I don't have to constantly open the config.

Adam