What's new

Zelda Wind Waker with full textures?

Jeil

Hi everyone, i've seen recently some new zww screens in Dolphin Forum,

F/res Said:

Yaz0r did some bughunting.. <== What the? :huh:

Look it at the screenshots section of their official page.

Does it mean that zelda wind waker fixes will be implemented in the next release?

Looks impresive!

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
You must be proud heh ector? :) you should.

Bughunting: Searching for bugs (program errors, wrong code, typos... whatever shouldn't be), and after that, fixing them (hopefully) :p

bohdy

Looks fantastic, great job :)

ector: Since you would have a pretty good understanding of the Flipper by now, I was wondering if you could answer a question I have been wanting to ask someone for a while now: What is the reason for the "pinstripes" that cover the screen at different times in Zelda especially (on an actual gamecube)? Some limitation of the Flipper?

OP
J

Jeil

Federelli said:
You must be proud heh ector? :) you should.

Bughunting: Searching for bugs (program errors, wrong code, typos... whatever shouldn't be), and after that, fixing them (hopefully) :p

Yeah i know whats bughunting, but i was surprised because i've never heard about that "Yazor" (I thought that the developers were ector and f/res) Thats why i was surprised, anyway its incredible! Almost full textures! You rock!

JinXD

If you're going to correct someone, do it right! It's F|RES, or on this forum FiRES......

zorbid

Yaz0r comes from the ScummVM fame. ScummVM was at the beginning a reimplementation of the SPUtm (aka S.C.U.M.M.) engine used by the Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts adventure games (Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, Day of the Tentacle (check my sig)). By now, ScummVM supports 5 or 6 different game engines, allowing you to play old stuff like The Flight of the Amazon Queen, Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and 2, and some other engines are yet to be finished (Kyrandia 1 2 and 3, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, Inherit the Earth, Quest of The Orb...)

Yaz0r left the project around v0.2, and has since then worked on other adventure game engiens reimplementation: Little Big Adventure, Alone in the Dark, Cruise for a corpse, and FlashBack.

http://sourceforge.net/users/yazoo/

I don't know how he got in touch with the Dolphin dev team..

Last edited:

yaz0r

zorbid said:
Yaz0r comes from the ScummVM fame. ScummVM was at the beginning a reimplementation of the SPUtm (aka S.C.U.M.M.) engine used by the Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts adventure games...

Haaa! A scummVm zealot ! They are hunting me !
Actualy, you seems to know long on the subject the SPUtm/SCUMM naming issue is not that much known.

zorbid said:
I don't know how he got in touch with the Dolphin dev team..

Who knows ? :whistling

Hint:

zorbid

yaz0r said:
Haaa! A scummVm zealot ! They are hunting me !
Actualy, you seems to know long on the subject the SPUtm/SCUMM naming issue is not that much known.
I spend some of my time by helping people to run old games, so I follow ScummVM, DOSBox and other projects alike closely.. And I'm a big fan of the Lucas adventure games.

yaz0r said:
It reminds me of your preliminary work on LBA..

Shit!! Oooh Shit! :):)

What PC specs will that baby require to run at full speed? I love TWW, I've finished it on my GC, but playing it on PC, in high resolution would be just huge :) :)

yaz0r

Never said I was going to rewrite the whole game.
I just rewrote parts of j3d, the library used in mario sunshine, mario kart and zelda

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
yaz0r said:
Never said I was going to rewrite the whole game.
I just rewrote parts of j3d, the library used in mario sunshine, mario kart and zelda

.. And Harvest Moon. It was repaired with Zelda. :)

But yeah, it's in full textures now. Unless the characters have PSO2.0 used much, you should see most things proper even with an old videocard. I know I seen everything proper [minus the sky, it was black. :p], but I never let it get to the models.

yaz0r

it's not because Harvest Moon had it's texture repaired that it was made with j3d. The corrections I made are general.

OP
J

Jeil

yaz0r said:
it's not because Harvest Moon had it's texture repaired that it was made with j3d. The corrections I made are general.

Do you mean that more textures in more games are displayed correctly? :bouncy: :bouncy: