What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

ChrisHighwind

Yes! The new pack is here! I knew taking a nap would pay off XD. Downloading now, will edit this post with my thoughts when I play it.

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
What bottles did I miss? o_O Please, give me the files for them so I may remedy this immediately. o3o The map screen isn't done yet, I need to still find frames for it For the indicators of your current position on the world map, not to mention the panel frame the of the map screen hasn't been updated yet. Who did the other frames? Maybe we could get him to finish the job? XD What's missing from the start/select screen? And I thought we were going to use that nice magic meter you had in that screenshot from before when you were showing me you problem with your hearts, is something wrong with it?

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Turpinator the guy I got it off(Federelli), I only ever asked for permission to use his textures as a base for changes :)
Now if I remember right IanSkelskey did the panel frames.

Made a small edit to the check list, also made a comment above it which people should read :p

Last edited:

turpinator

Sure. I'll keep you posted on updates for ya, sound good? Oh and BTW, I'll be working on icons that don't have a section yet, like Epona's Carrots and the images of items when they drop from enemies/are on the ground.

ChrisHighwind

Erm, perhaps I downloaded it wrong, but for some odd reason, when I tried to extract the pack, I got 1395 errors saying certain files were broken.

EDIT: Download attempt #2: Still getting the broken files errors.
EDIT2: Download attempt #3: Extracted fine this time. I'm getting ready to play it now. I can't wait!

Last edited:

turpinator

Huh, hey guys, guess what I stumbled on in my internet finger travels? A full scan of the entire LoZ artbook. And guess which section has the most images? This would no doubt be useful as all hell for someone who'd want to start working on the charaters and things. Shall I make it available?

ChrisHighwind

Ok, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but some of the textures in this pack don't load for me, making it look very messy, particularly the Title and Quest Status screens. It also slows to a terrible crawl in the Deku Tree dungeon.

turpinator

Hold on, I'll check it out myself and double check that bug for ya. Actually, I found one conflict that droid may not have noticed guys, he put my new *Link is on this level of the dungeon* icon in, but he also left in the other version.

For those of you having errors, try removing the link icon in the HUD/Other section, since it's not needed anymore. If you are unsure what to remove in that section (which would be weird, but meh) the name of the image specifically is "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#C7911273#0#2_all.png".

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

Um, is anybody else getting problems such as when you pause the game, it has a terrible loading time, and it happens in the game as well. It also looks messy, heres an example:
64231507.png

I'm really sorry if this isn't the place to post your problems, but please forgive me.

turpinator

That would be your emulator's settings doing that. I had the same problem before and fixed it when I messed with my settings, though I haven't quite tweaked it to perfection yet. 'twould be nice to hear exactly what the settings we should have in the graphics emulator to run this patch at its best.

Anyways, I have an in-game issue of my own, which I assumed would have been fixed in the newest version update but...
WTFYardLines.png

WTF, it looks like a peasant tried to invent football on the main grass of Hyrule Castle, but got chased around the place instead and left random yardline streaks. >3>

ChrisHighwind

@MasterGun Oh, that's a plugin problem, it's been in every Rice-based plugin that I can think of. The best way that I know for a temp fix is to set Framebuffer emulation to Basic Framebuffer and Rendering to texture emulation to Basic & Write Back. Even then, it's not perfect.

EDIT: Hmm, perhaps this could be yet another side-effect of the texture pack not being downloaded properly, as judging from Turpinator's screen, it seems to be fine. For some odd reason, it took me a while to download, as on the first 2 tries, some of the textures ended up broken, and I think 7zip may have left out some errors for the 3rd try.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

@turp yah dude that picture you just posted, I got the same problem before V5 was released. I gotta tell ya, these are some really weird problems going on.
Grrrr, I'm goin completely insane trying to fix these problems with either textures looking like a clutter pixel of madness, or trying to see what texture is missing and going in and finding it.
EDIT
@ChrisHighwind thanks man, it runs tons of better, but like you said "still not perfect"

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
Um, is anybody else getting problems such as when you pause the game, it has a terrible loading time, and it happens in the game as well. It also looks messy, heres an example:
64231507.png

I'm really sorry if this isn't the place to post your problems, but please forgive me.
Your going to have to get coding if you want framebuffer effects to be perfect :) In the meantime use a basic framebuffer

LOZ OOT Community Hi-res v5\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Link Textures\Link Clothes\Adult\Chest

there are 2 files
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#90AB72DA#4#1_all.png
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#90AB72DA#4#1_all (2).png

In
LOZ OOT Community Hi-res v5\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Link Textures\Link Clothes\Adult\Collar

there are 2 files
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#6A3C8250#0#2_all.png
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#6A3C8250#0#2_all (2).png

Also how do you
delete the 1964 video texture cache?
delete all 1964 emulator settings?
which I believe both are the the registry FFS
I'm getting MANY textures from the pack not loading, unless the pack is that messed up and it has a lot of missing textures that were in v4
@ChrisHighwind I have very similar texture problems

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

Hmm, thats strange. Never really encountered texture problems like this in any game. Even messing with the options won't help since I tried over like 100 times XD
This is very strange. Its like the glitch gremlin (from AVGN) is messing with us. Plus, I'm also glad as well that i'm not the only one with texture problems. It could be that when I downloaded the V5 Pack, i added whatever what was in there in my other LEGEND OF ZELDA folder, since that folder has some stuff that V5 doesn't. This time I'm gonna try just the V5 Pack, and see if I get the same problems. It could also be i'm opening the V5 Pack with Winrar even though the pack is 7z so I'm gonna try opening and extracting it with 7z.

EDIT
Alright just using the V5 Pack, the HUD, Quest status don't even change, not even the buttons. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???!!!

Last edited:

ChrisHighwind

Well, I decided to try and take some screenshots of some of the glitches, and I've found that in Project64, even Kokiri Forest slows to a crawl when I'm not right at the entrance to the Deku Tree dungeon.

Screenshots:
thelegendofzelda0.png

thelegendofzelda1.png

thelegendofzelda2.png

EDIT: No luck with that one, MasterGun, I used 7zip myself and am having these problems.

Last edited: