What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

mordan

death--droid Thanks for replying man :) I am running on Glide64_Final and I am facing these issues. Tried GlideN64 with no luck, couldn't get the textures to even load. Thanks again for your hard work on this project and everything that you're doing here for the community.

Got it to work with GlideN64 plugin, had to delete the old "cache" OoT had created. Again not all textures are loaded, I don't see any of the high res interiors and with GlideN64 I see the white lines in the sky texture. Something that did not happen with Glide64_Final. I will stick with GlideN64 though since it loaded more textures and the gameplay seems smoother. Hope my info help someone else having these issues ;)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmm is there any specific areas where the textures arent loading??
Most of the interiors haven't been done, and those that have been done may not be compatible with Glide, which is something I need to look into fixing up at some point.
Sky textures I have fixed now, though unsure if this creates problems with them on Glide64 and Rice, as there must of been a reason the gaps were there in the first place..

mordan

Well based on some YouTube videos and screenshots of the CRP V7 and some of my personal experiences so far I can give this much info. With Glide64 I could get the textures to load partially but not with Rice. Rice could only work with the premade cache from Glide64. While using either PJ64 1.6.1 (RDB Updated etc), or PJ64 2.2 with Glide64_Final, most of the times I would get some of the textures missing in a lot of areas, like walls in Forest Temple being high res but not doors, or items in stores showing only the new 3D model but not the textures over them, for example bombs and the Hylian shield would look like aluminum wrapped. Using the GlideN64 plugin you suggested fixed some of these issues but I sometimes see some missing textures here and there. Everything is better so far with GlideN64 except for the sky gaps which is ok.

You mention that you have fixed that, should I redownload the pack?

Also, dunno if this is the right place to ask but what about texture packs like Djipi’s that come in a .DAT format? How can I use them with GlideN64? I am asking cause I already checked and the cache files that GlideN64 makes are .HTC format and will not load .DAT files.
Again thanks to all of you for this awesome project so far :) I LOVE IT!

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ahhhhhh :p Interesting to know.

No, don't redownload the texture pack at the moment, I haven't uploaded a new version, and am likely to make a new topic when I do so. Hoping to get a few more changes done in the texture pack before I upload it again, but sadly there has not been an awful lot of progress in the last year. And money troubles aren't making it much easier to work on the texture pack sadly.

Ahhhhhhh, well the only real option is to decompile the original .DAT cache then load them back in that way. Unless Djipi releases the texture pack in GlideN64's format himself.

mordan

Ahhhhhh :p Interesting to know.

No, don't redownload the texture pack at the moment, I haven't uploaded a new version, and am likely to make a new topic when I do so. Hoping to get a few more changes done in the texture pack before I upload it again, but sadly there has not been an awful lot of progress in the last year. And money troubles aren't making it much easier to work on the texture pack sadly.

Ahhhhhhh, well the only real option is to decompile the original .DAT cache then load them back in that way. Unless Djipi releases the texture pack in GlideN64's format himself.

Thank you for all your help man. Really appreciate it. Believe me I know money troubles... I was let off more than a year ago and things are looking really bad where I'm from, so I totally get it man. I wish you overcome whatever the obstacle is and you got time to do only the things you love and enjoy :)

Mayh3M

is that video using this v7 pack? can you do a video with it at 16:9? the graphics in your vids look awesome and smooth and what im after but i cant quite seem to get there. does it look that good because of 21:9?

Yes using the v7 pack plus the indoor textures on page 7. The aspect ratio I'm using doesn't make a difference in terms of quality, only field of view.

Are you trying to play Master Quest? If so, you have to use a bulk rename utility to rename "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" with "ZELDA MASTER QUEST" in the names of all textures.

Imgema

Retro Hoarder
Tried the texture pack with the latest GlideN64 plugin.

The skybox is messed up with boxed patches of texture. Should i use an older plugin or is this a known issue?

AcidDrop

Has anyone made a video on how to install this and get it running without missing textures? I am sure they would get a lot of hits on youtube from new people like me that do not know much about settings or how to install.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Slowly working on this again, playing through the game again and redoing textures as i go through, some i feel didn't capture the original feel of the textures as i would of liked, so spent a bit of time rethinking some of the Kokiri

Original
qWvuSMb.png

Texture Pack V7 version
dYlkdxS.jpg

New version
c4sqd47.jpg

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Slowly working on this again, playing through the game again and redoing textures as i go through, some i feel didn't capture the original feel of the textures as i would of liked, so spent a bit of time rethinking some of the Kokiri

Original
qWvuSMb.png

Texture Pack V7 version
dYlkdxS.jpg

New version
c4sqd47.jpg

Welcome back!

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
death--droid, I have been thinking (again) about at least trying to create a few textures. If I do create a few, are you telling us to upload them to any random image sharing site and post the link here? Is there a particular site you would prefer they be uploaded to?

(As many times as I have thought about it over so many years, I should AT LEAST post a texture for even something as simple as a rock! lol)

EDIT: Oh look! Post 64! The perfect number for this particular thread.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hey EmuNoviceUser, best way is to probably upload the textures themselves in a .zip file since most image sharing sites will optimize the image, and hence reducing image quality.
Would be helpful to also post a screenshot of how the texture looks in game :)

thewisenoob

Please post another link that doesn't use adf.ly. It refuses to go to Mediafire EVERY time I click skip ad. It just reloads the page. Please. That website is awful.